I have noticed with 1.42 the sound effects (firing from inside buildings) they added dont apply to RHS guns, does this mean you guys gonna have to create sounds for every weapon or just change configs?

Correct me if im wrong, but i think BI said the sound effects would still work for mods.

We don't require CBA, and the 0.3.6 should be working without any major issues with the A3 1.42.

Escalation 0.3.6 is working great for me with A3 1.42. With the 1.42 RC, there were crashes associated with USF units in editor, as several have reported earlier, but those crashes are now gone in the stable build. :) Have any changes to Escalation been made since the release of 1.42 stable?

Nope, it's same 0.3.6 and it's still works great (except bug when you "deploy" weapons and you go halfway thru textures)

I have been playing with this addon lately and I have noticed that the texture rendering is somewhat messed up.

Huge breakdowns depending where we are looking in the same object, UH-60 for instance. But the same happens with almost all, at least those Ive tried.

Wait 0.36 no longer crashes the game in 1.42 stable?

i was surprised as well :) Since running DEV and RC for so long, i thought i'd had to wait for the update but its working OK

Something is happening: RHS started to actively update their wiki http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/Special:RecentChanges

Yep, noticed it today also. It seems that they updating their wiki to be in line with their USF Project Orientation, which means that USAF will be divided into 2010 and 2014 parts instead of Desert and Woodland (I really hope that they also will do the same for RuAF in upcoming version, this is really good idea).

Besides, I think we might get some USMC toys like AH-1Z, UH-1Y and some upgraded vehicles: LMTV & FMTV with M2 and bipods.

Yep, noticed it today also. It seems that they updating their wiki to be in line with their USF Project Orientation, which means that USAF will be divided into 2010 and 2014 parts instead of Desert and Woodland. Besides, I think we might get some USMC toys like AH-1Z, UH-1Y and some upgraded vehicles: LMTV & FMTV with M2 and bipods.

Since the page for the LMTV says it's "really WIP" I wouldn't expect to see that in the next update. Definitely prefer the idea for the new faction layouts though, more logical to me I think.

Since the page for the LMTV says it's "really WIP" I wouldn't expect to see that in the next update. Definitely prefer the idea for the new faction layouts though, more logical to me I think.

It's says: "really WIP" since the date of its creation, so I still hope. :) Besides: https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios/photos/pb.478330008846664.-2207520000.1428770720./962110580468602/?type=1&theater

And I don't expect that LMTV (FMTV) will be 100% finished in next update, just that they will have M2 OGPK.

Unfortunately, running updated 0.3.6 + A3 1.42 stable, I am getting consistent, complete A3 crashes when player as commander turns out from USMC Desert M1A1FEP tank. Also, when player as commander turns out from M2A3 Bradley (Busk 1), his position clips with tank (he is too far down), but this does not cause a crash.

Unfortunately, running updated 0.3.6 + A3 1.42 stable, I am getting consistent, complete A3 crashes when player as commander turns out from USMC Desert M1A1FEP tank. Also, when player as commander turns out from M2A3 Bradley (Busk 1), his position clips with tank (he is too far down), but this does not cause a crash.

Can confirm its like that on all the M2 Bradley models (Didn't check the M6)

You need to wait for next release, we have this stuff fixed for our internal builds that are prepped for release, but you guys need to wait. ;)

I take it you guys are just going to give us the update without showing us any pre-release streams?

Also I just realised how much stuff are place-holders from Arma 2. If you guys are using stuff from Arma 2, why not use the Stryker or the Huey? Or perhaps the LAV as well?

Edited by SomeSangheili

I take it you guys are just going to give us the update without showing us any pre-release streams?

Most likely yes.

Also I just realised how much stuff are place-holders from Arma 2. If you guys are using stuff from Arma 2, why not use the Stryker or the Huey? Or perhaps the LAV as well?

Not much really, we only use stuff that is seen as up to our quality standards, for example Bradleys are indeed heavy modified and fixed A2 ports and we are happy with them (even if we still plan to further modify them and do other stuff with them, also according to what US Army is doing and we (or actually me and Gurdy mostly) keep an eye on that stuff), on the other hand there are some ports we want to replace ASAP.

As for Strykers, we most likely have our own models AFAIK, simply because A2 ones were terrible, not even close to the real thing in many ways and in fact they are models from A1 mostly if I am not mistaken.

In general be patient, we know what we do.

Probably because I would be the only one willed to stream, the other ones are too lazy. :cool:

BUT, I'm nowhere near any desktop PC at the moment :P

Happy Orthodox Easter to all RHS members, will we get some present today maybe ? :p

i have a question about the raven (and i hope it hasn't been asked already):

as far as i understand it, it is actually feints raven addon. in that addon you could change the keys. are there any plans to make that possible within rhs? as you don't want to use cba maybe another way, like the rhs option thingy that is already there or a userconfig?

it's just that i would like to use the numpadkeys for tfar again.

by the way, i guess the script error when using the raven has already been reported?!

as you don't want to use cba maybe another way,

Whats wrong with CBA I thought it was standard fare for mods to use it.