Wait...the M4/M16 zeroing is still bugged in the new update? :(

link to the bug report?

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=476 I don't know why this is the only ticket. Basically the bug is: you can't zero any M4/M16 above 100m

The weapon can't zero or the red dot sight ?

Because red dot sights are usually zeroed at 50 meters or 100m and then if you want to hit further you simply hold over.

it's zeroing of m68cco, not of rifle itself
?

tried it again & without attachments it's possible to zero rifle with pg up/down

Update the thread title pls - 0.3.7:o

EDIT: Browser messed up and didn't load the last page to tell me the issue I was answering had already been addressed.

On topic, good work on the update guys, will be downloading shortly.

Were FR and MARSOC removed as factions? I no longer have the FR tab under USMC and there is no SOCOM faction, however the units are still in the missions wearing the right equipment, etc, just not as a faction in the editor. I couldn't find anything in the changelog about it.

Thanks for the update! :D

Were FR and MARSOC removed as factions? I no longer have the FR tab under USMC and there is no SOCOM faction, however the units are still in the missions wearing the right equipment, etc, just not as a faction in the editor. I couldn't find anything in the changelog about it.
REMOVED IN 0.3.7

- HEMTTA2, FR and MARSOC scoped 1

Now unavailable in the editor.

With AFRF weapons in prone position and with deployed bipods you don't dive in earth anymore. With all USAF weapons bug persist: http://i.imgur.com/osUKbkH.png (186 kB)

Edited by Kukus

congrats RHS very nice update

i want to report a bug maybe about the russian tanks ( all of them ) their armor is very soft and can be killed very easily in fact i just destroyed a t-80u with a single s-8 rocket

tried with extended armor on\off i think this is not normal you can't destroy a t-80u with an s-8 rocket or even an pg7vl grenade!

another thing is all of the pg7s rocket needs a little tweak in their exhaust i think ( as i vet i fired an rpg-7 back in the army and what we have in RHS is frankly not real ) the RPG rocket can fly straight for 400m+ without losing altitude or speed and they don't have white smoke they actually smokeless , while in RHS they have white smoke and needs very hard guiding toward the target please fix this as i can't bin\unbin the weapon's config.bin file in your .pbos :)

thanks

i want to report a bug maybe about the russian tanks ( all of them ) their armor is very soft and can be killed very easily in fact i just destroyed a t-80u with a single s-8 rocket

tried with extended armor on\off i think this is not normal you can't destroy a t-80u with an s-8 rocket or even an pg7vl grenade!

another thing is all of the pg7s rocket needs a little tweak in their exhaust i think ( as i vet i fired an rpg-7 back in the army and what we have in RHS is frankly not real ) the RPG rocket can fly straight for 400m+ without losing altitude or speed and they don't have white smoke they actually smokeless , while in RHS they have white smoke and needs very hard guiding toward the target please fix this as i can't bin\unbin the weapon's config.bin file in your .pbos :)

thanks

can you clearely report the issues with exact duplication steps here: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

thanks

Where did you fired at this tanks? Front? Sides? Rear?

Special armor is placed only at front, also ERA mostly protects only front. Hull sides are weakly protected on most of their lenght, they are only 80mm thick homogeneus rolled steel armor only. Rear is even thinner, only around 40mm of such armor.

And as our armor system is more realistic than vanilla one, a single hit even from RPG in these zones were results in penetration and damage or destruction.

However take a note, system is not 100% finished yet, we plan to add some more features that will make it more realistic, but of course no promises when they will be added or if they will be successfull.

Also try for example T-72B3, it was our tested for some new features like new ERA that actually disappears when a module us hit. ;)

Also take a note that we need to slightly tweak our ammo values, it appears we found that using BIS method of indirecthit value, makes them a bit overpowered and damage for example more ERA modules than normally would.

So remember, it's still very WIP.

And as our armor system is more realistic than vanilla one...

Where can I read up on how it works? Are there posts in this thread or wiki page?

With AFRF weapons in prone position and with deployed bipods you don't dive in earth anymore. With all USAF weapons bug persist: http://i.imgur.com/osUKbkH.png (186 kB)

Do you have the game hotfix applied and RHS updated to the latest version? Are you running any additional attchment mods?

I am asking you that because it works as it should, its same with vanilla and RHS weapons, you do slightly "dive" (but not as much as on your screenshot), reason is that bipod is properly deployed on the ground. (used RHS, ASDG JR, FHQ attachments and MRT functions).

can you clearely report the issues with exact duplication steps here: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

okay reporting now ...

Where did you fired at this tanks? Front? Sides? Rear?

Special armor is placed only at front, also ERA mostly protects only front. Hull sides are weakly protected on most of their lenght, they are only 80mm thick homogeneus rolled steel armor only. Rear is even thinner, only around 40mm of such armor.

And as our armor system is more realistic than vanilla one, a single hit even from RPG in these zones were results in penetration and damage or destruction.

However take a note, system is not 100% finished yet, we plan to add some more features that will make it more realistic, but of course no promises when they will be added or if they will be successfull.

Also try for example T-72B3, it was our tested for some new features like new ERA that actually disappears when a module us hit. ;)

Also take a note that we need to slightly tweak our ammo values, it appears we found that using BIS method of indirecthit value, makes them a bit overpowered and damage for example more ERA modules than normally would.

So remember, it's still very WIP.

thanks for replaying , i just tested all russian tanks from t-72 to t80u they are all the same , the s-8 or any lower round can kill the tank from the sides and the front! rear parts seems better armored

tested with rpg-7v2 ( using pg-7vl&pg-7vr only ) and bmd-1r ( i think ) which fires s-8 rockets and one empty t-80u tank for me to fire at the other testing purpose russian tanks

all the tanks can be killed by one only shot at the sides no matter what ammunition\weapons i use against them , yes a pg-7vr round can destroy almost any tank from the sides or rear or even front but an s-8 HE round can never destroy a tank even if fired at sides so i think its a miscalculation in the russian armor , a t-72b has ERAs on the sides and front and even on the top of the turret yet i can destroy it with s-8! in 0.3.6 this was impossible

i also tested the t-72b3 as it is one of me best rides the results was the same , i will disable AGM and do another test and will report back :D

Do you have the game hotfix applied and RHS updated to the latest version? Are you running any additional attchment mods?

I am asking you that because it works as it should, its same with vanilla and RHS weapons, you do slightly "dive" (but not as much as on your screenshot), reason is that bipod is properly deployed on the ground. (used RHS, ASDG JR, FHQ attachments and MRT functions).

Checked it with RHS only, without any other mods. Yes, latest version of ARMA3 (stable) + RHS 0.3.7. Already reported that problem. Hope we can see a hotfix soon. Because with AFRF is everything OK.

I'm getting this error when placing tanks on editor : no entry config.bin/LSandEffects

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm getting this error when placing tanks on editor : no entry config.bin/LSandEffects

Any ideas how to fix this?

Arma 3 up to date and stable? Which tanks? What other addons?

Where can I read up on how it works? Are there posts in this thread or wiki page?

Documentation for the armor system is still in development, we would wish others to be able to implement it in their vehicles as well, so it will be avaiable for general public, we also discussed with Olds to create allready a table with realistic armor values based on our research for various vehicles so other addon/mod makers would not need to waste time for research and just use our values (also this would improve compatibility between different mods and addons), however this will take time as research and later calculations takes a lot of time. We are currently struggling with M1 Abrams family, because of secrecy around it's armor protection, it's a very difficult to get it right.

thanks for replaying , i just tested all russian tanks from t-72 to t80u they are all the same , the s-8 or any lower round can kill the tank from the sides and the front! rear parts seems better armored

tested with rpg-7v2 ( using pg-7vl&pg-7vr only ) and bmd-1r ( i think ) which fires s-8 rockets and one empty t-80u tank for me to fire at the other testing purpose russian tanks

all the tanks can be killed by one only shot at the sides no matter what ammunition\weapons i use against them , yes a pg-7vr round can destroy almost any tank from the sides or rear or even front but an s-8 HE round can never destroy a tank even if fired at sides so i think its a miscalculation in the russian armor , a t-72b has ERAs on the sides and front and even on the top of the turret yet i can destroy it with s-8! in 0.3.6 this was impossible

i also tested the t-72b3 as it is one of me best rides the results was the same , i will disable AGM and do another test and will report back

So you used AGM? Note! AGM brakes things right now (it also conflicts with ArmA3 1.42 AFAIK), do not use it with RHS, and better wait for ACE3, as far as I know, maybe other better informed team members can confirm, ACE3 will be more compatible with RHS.

When time premits, I will test these vehicles again against various threats. Tough I played with them today a bit and didn't noticed any wrong, T-72B3 survived all 3BK18M HEAT rounds fired in to it's front from other T-72B (obr.1985), and 3BK18M have penetration value of 550mm RHA, so comparable to some RPG-7 rounds.

Also note, the firegeometry for T-72's is ok as far a I know, especially for T-72B3 as it was the first to be reworked, if there is a problem, it's caused by AGM, and also the fact we still nead to tweak ammunition indirectfire values that cause some problems.

Edited by Damian90

Arma 3 up to date and stable? Which tanks? What other addons?

Found out that A3MP was causing this issue. I disabled the mod and now everything is fine . :)

Probably Reyhard will need to fix some things there, as he was/is part of team that created A3MP.