So one of the nice things is gettiing the textures done in various colors is like a multiplier. 

Added all 3 patchwork variants now.

First the black one in good light

TGE02G7.jpg

and the variants.

Gi9buQy.jpg

edit- fiddled with the rvmat to dull the shine

EPmemD4.jpg

• Like 5

I don't want to come off as needy, but could you perhaps consider an option or two to change the hunger system? By that I mean what level you start to lose HP from being hungry and perhaps another setting which allows you to change what level hunger / thirst you start auto healing?

Is Ravage supporting some of the inventory items from GM, things like the personal medkit, bandages, toolkit?

Currently working on a GM faction and don't want to add these items to the loadouts if they aren't supported. I can always swap them out for the Ravage equivalent. :icon_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, EO said:

Is Ravage supporting some of the inventory items from GM, things like the personal medkit, bandages, toolkit?

Currently working on a GM faction and don't want to add these items to the loadouts if they aren't supported. I can always swap them out for the Ravage equivalent. :icon_biggrin:

Some of the GM items will work (the watch, the bandages etc) but I'm not sure for the toolkit... Those need to be added manually to the loot lists though.

• Like 1

The patchwork really fills out the gun variant count 😳

zcExVjP.jpg

and one under better lighting

QNrSw0R.jpg

• Like 3

@haleks

Are there any plans to enable random furniture for the GM maps? I am tired of rummaging through trash cans 😁

Do you still think about adding the option to use custom factions or has this been cancelled?

Whiteface / Oliver

On 5/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I could help you with a Cold weather script, just give me a shout! 😊

I need to rewrite mine anyways and add in arrays, so players can manage “warm clothes” better. 

@MuRaZorWitchKING

I would really like to use your cold weather script on Weferlingen Winter now. Do you have a link to your file?

Thank you

Whiteface / Oliver

4 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

@haleks

Are there any plans to enable random furniture for the GM maps? I am tired of rummaging through trash cans 😁

Do you still think about adding the option to use custom factions or has this been cancelled?

Whiteface / Oliver

All planned still, yes. But with MyST taking most of my time, I don't know when those features will be ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding adding furniture compositions for maps that are currently not supported I'd like to ask my fellow Ravagers what do you realistically expect from this feature?  Supporting Weferlingen, for example, is a huge undertaking....so many buildings, so many rooms in those buildings. Does every building need a composition?

I've had a conversation with haleks regarding this very subject and my own thoughts, which are probably based on my own gameplay style, would be having compositions for "signature" buildings or "points of interest" like a shop, fuel station, police station, military barracks, medical centre, garages. Those kind of buildings coupled with outdoor looting should be adequate for most gameplay styles, not to mention a less arduous task creating individual compositions for a new map.

I'm still beavering away from time to time on furniture compositions for Livonia, but as I've stated above I'm only concentrating on those "signature" or "points of interest" buildings.     

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, EO said:

Regarding adding furniture compositions for maps that are currently not supported I'd like to ask my fellow Ravagers what do you realistically expect from this feature?  Supporting Weferlingen, for example, is a huge undertaking....so many buildings, so many rooms in those buildings. Does every building need a composition?

I've had a conversation with haleks regarding this very subject and my own thoughts, which are probably based on my own gameplay style, would be having compositions for "signature" buildings or "points of interest" like a shop, fuel station, police station, military barracks, medical centre, garages. Those kind of buildings coupled with outdoor looting should be adequate for most gameplay styles, not to mention a less arduous task creating individual compositions for a new map.

I'm still beavering away from time to time on furniture compositions for Livonia, but as I've stated above I'm only concentrating on those "signature" or "points of interest" buildings.     

Regarding the furniture system for additional terrains/structures, as we were discussing with EO : I'm investigating several alternatives that wouldn't require us to create templates for each building. The best approach, I think, would be to use a hybrid system : a combination of templates for POI as EO suggested, combined to a random object spawner for the more generic structures whenever that's doable ( @Donnie_Plays provided some usefull data for Weferlingen). Such a system would only apply to Weferlingen and Livonia, the feature remains unchanged for already supported structures/terrains.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, EO said:

Regarding adding furniture compositions for maps that are currently not supported I'd like to ask my fellow Ravagers what do you realistically expect from this feature?  Supporting Weferlingen, for example, is a huge undertaking....so many buildings, so many rooms in those buildings. Does every building need a composition?[...]

Actually I‘d be satisfied if I would find a wooden crate or some luggage in the center of a room sometimes. Its more about the pleasure of searching & finding than about perfectly designed rooms. 😎

• Like 4

Hey Haleks/EO, I was wondering how exactly Ravaged and Frithified content ends up in Ravage itself. I love both but notice duplicates of most items and I'm always looking for opportunities to keep my arsenal as as limited as possible. Is all of R and F just eventually incorporated into Ravage? Or do you pick and choose which content comes into Ravage from the pack? Love both and gotta have both just wondering if I truly need both? 

@HerestotheGears, In a nutshell you just need one or the other, not both. Everything I add to R@F is always forwarded to haleks for future inclusion or support within Ravage mod, the content is exactly the same but the Ravage version has it's own unique set of classnames and description names. :rthumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The AI in my Ravage missions are still only spawning with Ravage and vanilla gear, they aren't spawning with any of the stuff from the Gear Pool module 😭

16 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

The AI in my Ravage missions are still only spawning with Ravage and vanilla gear, they aren't spawning with any of the stuff from the Gear Pool module 😭

Did you try adding the rusted guns to the common loot pool. It worked fine for me last time I checked. I'm on stable using a 2 hotfix ago old version of ravage tho...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

Did you try adding the rusted guns to the common loot pool. It worked fine for me last time I checked. I'm on stable using a 2 hotfix ago old version of ravage tho...

Yeah, all the guns from the Gear Pool appear when searching objects, they just don't appear on any AI (both hand-placed and mod-spawned). All the AI only spawn with vanilla ArmA 3 and ravage gear. Here's my Gear Pool settings:

E75D5AC0D32681AF40001AD3EF3ED61DC85D05FA

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Regarding the furniture system for additional terrains/structures, as we were discussing with EO : I'm investigating several alternatives that wouldn't require us to create templates for each building. The best approach, I think, would be to use a hybrid system : a combination of templates for POI as EO suggested, combined to a random object spawner for the more generic structures whenever that's doable ( @Donnie_Plays provided some usefull data for Weferlingen). Such a system would only apply to Weferlingen and Livonia, the feature remains unchanged for already supported structures/terrains.

I would like a system where every building has a chance to spawn objects, but depending on the building size, there may be more or less objects with a potential random system that does not always spawn objects in every building. This may be best for performance since all the buildings are enterable in the new DLC's. Some of the buildings are massive with a lot of rooms. There is a new military barracks building in the GM DLC that has like five floors and tons of rooms. I can really envision a building like that being awesome for military loot.

While I enjoy the furniture spawns... I noticed a clear FPS hit when that feature entered Ravage. I wonder if a system would work better for performance if the loot stayed inside the container instead of dropping to the ground and then the container despawned after time?

• Like 2

@haleks

I want to manipulate (add action) all cars placed by Ravage, that are in a good or repairable condition (but not total wrecks). Is there a way to identify these cars, so I can use an event handler on them when they‘re spawned?

3 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Yeah, all the guns from the Gear Pool appear when searching objects, they just don't appear on any AI (both hand-placed and mod-spawned). All the AI only spawn with vanilla ArmA 3 and ravage gear. Here's my Gear Pool settings:

E75D5AC0D32681AF40001AD3EF3ED61DC85D05FA

Seems odd. I put all the Rusty guns in the common pool and the majority of raiders and bandits had them. Like 3 of 4 had the rusty guns

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Gill93 said:

I had Coef set to 1 and it took around 4 shots with a 1911 to the head with Coef set at 5 it takes two shots to the head and or body I believe anything higher and its basically a instant kill no matter where you shoot lol

All I know is that I tried today with Ravage with ZEUS, and I had a CSAT Viper Operative empty all of his ammo into a zombie and nothing (the Coef was set to 1). He even hit them DIRECTLY with multiple magazines of the 50BW ( I even remote controled him at one point to give him more ammo/health, since he was emptying all of his ammo, and the zombie was only beating him with impunity...)

4 minutes ago, LuizBarros99 said:

All I know is that I tried today with Ravage with ZEUS, and I had a CSAT Viper Operative empty all of his ammo into a zombie and nothing (the Coef was set to 1). He even hit them DIRECTLY with multiple magazines of the 50BW ( I even remote controled him at one point to give him more ammo/health, since he was emptying all of his ammo, and the zombie was only beating him with impunity...)

BUT... I will double check BC b4 of that "undieying zombies thinggy" I placed a single CSAT guy with a Zafir, and he mowed down 3 zombies in the exact same prison cell he was in... (and the undying zombies REALLY did not die: I pounded them with so many ordinance from ZEUS...)

19 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Seems odd. I put all the Rusty guns in the common pool and the majority of raiders and bandits had them. Like 3 of 4 had the rusty guns

What are your Gear Pool settings at??

29 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

I'll double check when I get home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

5mm5Zoz.png

ekKQHQ4.jpg

only 1 of 5 in this band of renegades

but he had a rusty Mar. Oddly 3 of the 5 all had the same vanilla 45 pistol

Edit- let me fiddle with the settings. I'll see if I can get it to rusty only