Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, CoolSpy said:

Thanks for your answers guys! I don't have the rvg_fnc_equip running but my description.ext use these settings:

respawn = 3;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnDelay = 1;
respawnOnStart = 0;

 

Could it be the problem ?

 

As @cosmic10r said, it's unlikely. If your mission is (mostly) vanilla, you can share it here or via PM, it will be easier to spot the culprit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem fixed it was because I was testing modifications with the MP persistent save activated and the mission was launching without the last modifications I had made to the inventory... stupid me. I just deactivated the save option until my mission is 99% complete ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a few more patchwork tests...

I gotta take a break or ill just end up doing textures and not getting anything in a stable package.

 

It will be a seperate release, but im not sure if I will put it on steam or just give it out in this thread.

Im not sure how much of a PITA a steam release would be in terms of maintenance. 

 

lszWh8w.jpg

 

kJ5tnGW.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

It will be a seperate release, but im not sure if I will put it on steam or just give it out in this thread.

Im not sure how much of a PITA a steam release would be in terms of maintenance. 

 

 

I'm not a big fan of the SW, but honestly, it's the most practical solution for both the author and the players right now.

 

That last patchwork is a beauty by the way! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, haleks said:

 

I'm not a big fan of the SW, but honestly, it's the most practical solution for both the author and the players right now.

 

That last patchwork is a beauty by the way! ❤️

 

I'm thinking it will be just less hassle because theoretically i wouldnt  have to deal with complaints and requests. 

It would be available to a limited group within the ravage thread and wouldnt hit the wider community... not that it wouldn't be available if they wanted it...  and not that it would have more then a dozen downloads ... 

 

But more so because it would be as is and i likely wouldnt do a ton of updating.... im not sure.... lol

 

edit.- i suppose it would be interesting to see how steam works with mods and how many downloads it would have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the thing about workshop. You get a fairly consistent amount of demands from people, who I'm pretty sure mostly do not own any DLC and only bought Arma on a cheap discount anyway. They are not really invested in the game, yet expect the most out of it. Go figure.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

That's the thing about workshop. You get a fairly consistent amount of demands from people, who I'm pretty sure mostly do not own any DLC and only bought Arma on a cheap discount anyway. They are not really invested in the game, yet expect the most out of it. Go figure.

 

Exactly the reason I took a break from editing, got extremely tired of people who don’t mod, script, or even know anything about the Arma franchise but they want “Triple A title” like work from us even though we don’t make ANY money off of our releases... After awhile it becomes a bit of a joke. And one can only take so many punches to the stomach from bugs in game that are completely out of their control. The only reason the workshop is populated with such gems is BECAUSE of people that put their own time and dedication into work.

 

I also CANNOT stand when people use 40+ mods while playing on your release and then complain that nothing is working properly. This is exactly why my next update I’m adding in a notes section (in the briefing section) where it’s stating if you’re using more then the recommended mods and if any bugs or glitches occur then I’m ignoring them. 

 

“tHiS sCeNaRiO iS bRoKeN.”

 

”rAvAgE iS a BrOkeN mOd.”

 

Like come on.... I’d like to see them throw a mission together. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

 

Exactly the reason I took a break from editing, got extremely tired of people who don’t mod, script, or even know anything about the Arma franchise but they want “Triple A title” like work from us even though we don’t make ANY money off of our releases... After awhile it becomes a bit of a joke. And one can only take so many punches to the stomach from bugs in game that are completely out of their control. The only reason the workshop is populated with such gems is BECAUSE of people that put their own time and dedication into work.

 

I also CANNOT stand when people use 40+ mods while playing on your release and then complain that nothing is working properly. This is exactly why my next update I’m adding in a notes section (in the briefing section) where it’s stating if you’re using more then the recommended mods and if any bugs or glitches occur then I’m ignoring them. 

 

“tHiS sCeNaRiO iS bRoKeN.”

 

”rAvAgE iS a BrOkeN mOd.”

 

Like come on.... I’d like to see them throw a mission together. 

These little infants need some milk before they can step to our level lmao.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, haleks said:

 

I'm not a big fan of the SW, but honestly, it's the most practical solution for both the author and the players right now.

 

That last patchwork is a beauty by the way! ❤️

 

One of the nicer things with the workflow is that i can do multiple variants fairly easily...

 

xvdIcN5.jpg

 

Ill maybe do a beta period, a release period to the thread and Armaholic, and then a steam release after that...

It will give me a bit of time to stagger it all.

Its at 45 skins right now. Im not a huge fan of the early ones to be honest but Ill leave them in for now and see which ones people cant stand lol

 

I put them all in the common gear pool and the renegades had them in my Duws scenario and it was pretty cool to see.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some tidy work in the PBO. Ive never actually packed one through the Bis tools so I will have to figure that out.

 

Should be ready for a small beta this weekend. I would like to get something out before i get too carried away since ive had some good luck with the patchwork stuff.

 

xyjKzuQ.jpg

 

mgrXsNI.jpg

 

Got a Patchwork spmg done as well.

Its at 45 textures. 231mbs. 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haleks, did you ever decide if you'd remove the the config entry that disables power lines? Would be nice to have control over that. Thanks!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, acoustic said:

Haleks, did you ever decide if you'd remove the the config entry that disables power lines? Would be nice to have control over that. Thanks!

 

Thanks for the reminder : I forgot to move those configs to the derelict mod...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You see Ivan, when wear latest  BDSM fashion in Чернобыль, zombies and radiation are not into you because of fear of punishment :smileee:

iOSPEiw.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking the Warlords scenario and turning it on it's head Ravage style...

Spoiler

Recruit:

jSkHEo0.jpg

Advance on Sector:

xy9vbJC.jpg

Sector captured, more recruitment, onto the next Sector:

k69dKu0.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, EO said:

Taking the Warlords scenario and turning it on it's head Ravage style...

:icon_biggrin:

Nice.

 

I have been playing the DUWS scenario with Ravage a fair bit on Kunduz.

I've tweaked it a bit with Cup Takistan units and it is crazy good fun. 

 

I usually support the mech infantry team and we move on the objectives... too much fun.

 

I'll have to try a warlords scenario but the nice thing about DUWS is the random start location and random zones so it keeps it really fresh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah man, all good fun...

I can use command points to spawn in the ravage supply crates too.  It's pretty neat commandeering the zeds, I use them as a distraction while I get the killshots. :rthumb:

If i can polish it up a little more I'll upload the scenario. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EO said:

Yeah man, all good fun...

I can use command points to spawn in the ravage supply crates too.  It's pretty neat commandeering the zeds, I use them as a distraction while I get the killshots. :rthumb:

If i can polish it up a little more I'll upload the scenario. 

 

Explain commandeering the zeds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see from the screenshots they are part of my squad, so I use them like regular squad AI. Move There, Regroup etc. are all available. I turn they're visual detection to 0 so they don't turn on me....

 

Edit: Contact DLC adds a new Looters faction which is perfect for the occupied sectors, they all spawn in with civvy gear, no military stuff.......at least not until you try for the Airport, that's where the Spetsnaz are.   :f:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EO said:

You can see from the screenshots they are part of my squad, so I use them like regular squad AI. Move There, Regroup etc. are all available. I turn they're visual detection to 0 so they don't turn on me....

Weird. That's new!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EO said:

You can see from the screenshots they are part of my squad, so I use them like regular squad AI. Move There, Regroup etc. are all available. I turn they're visual detection to 0 so they don't turn on me....

 

Edit: Contact DLC adds a new Looters faction which is perfect for the occupied sectors, they all spawn in with civvy gear, no military stuff.......at least not until you try for the Airport, that's where the Spetsnaz are.   :f:

 

 

I'd be interested in trying your scenario at some point. I'm on stable now though so no rush

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@haleks, I only mention this as it was a passing thought while playing this Ravage/Warlords hybrid...It's nice to be be able to call in the Ravage survival crates, but what's really missing is a Uniforms crate with some Ravage gear inside.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good call. 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

 

MyST Demo 2 has been uploaded on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/posts/28043582

Quote

It's time for an update on the MyST project; some significant progress has been made on the "Phantoms" and they are now ready-to-use for mission making. This build comes with a module to spawn Phantoms : you can use several modules to dynamically adjust their population, each module works independently on each client in multiplayer.

This version is 100% standalone - CBA and Ravage aren't required...

 

The module is a huge improvement compared to what I've done for Ravage, I think mission makers will be very happy with it. 😉

A 3rd demo should follow on Patreon - no ETA for now as it concerns the most ambitious part of the project, but the module and the Phantoms as implemented in Demo 2 are pretty much in their final state, so mission makers can already work in advance with them. Resources used so far are 100% vanilla except for a couple sound effects; the addon weights less than 300 kbs at the moment.

 

The first demo required Ravage and CBA, but I'm aiming for a standalone project in the end : Demo 2 doesn't require any 3rd party addon.

I'll open a dedicated thread soon(ish) in the Discussion section.

 

Have fun guys! And be warned, hiding in vehicles is not such a good idea anymore...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Haleks... 

Look forward to seeing what you have cooked up.

 

The first batch of betas on the Rusty Retexture mod went out today.

Ive asked Haleks for a list of Patrons that I don't already know about and some of the usual suspects in this thread will have a peak and see how it all looks.

 

Following  a review period and some likely needed tweaking on a few of the worst offenders... it will go out publically.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, Gill93 said:

 have you played with the ACE settings at all you might have it setup so only engineers can repair vehicles

I don't get the addaction for repair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×