Our NLAW largely inherits from the BIS NLAW. I think the feature you are describing is an ACE3 feature. I don't believe it is a 'break' or 'bug' but more of a simulated tracking system used by the particular launcher. TAB will be the default ACE3 key. To check, try our launcher and the BIS one without ACE3 to confirm both have the diamond lock, then try them both again with ACE3 and see if their behaviour is the same. If they behave differently in both instances, then please let us know as this is not intended.

After checking with the ACE guys it seems as you said your NLAW has native compatibility from the ACE launcher. They remove the vanilla lock on ie the diamond and replace it with their holding tab and tracking the vehicle to get the projectile to curves in that direction. The confusion has come about as it seems that in an older version of BAF Weapons it wasn't using the ace compatibility therefore keeping the vanilla lock-on feature.

Sounds about right. We used to have a completely different older arma2 model as well for the NLAW when we first started out. :)

Unlikely. Focus is currently on a new vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So its recently come to my attention that you can convert normal HE ammo in the 60mm commando mortar into Airburst HE. Do you guys know of a way to prevent the normal HE from being converted to air burst, or could you perhaps add a round that can not be converted?

There is no way to limit the conversion between air burst and ground burst on the 60mm

2 hours ago, WA Lancer said:

Are you guys at all interested in adding a non airburst variant of HE to the 60mm?

Just as a bit of outside curiosity, is there something wrong with the non-airburst HE already provided for the M6?

@charlie1210 I make TVTs in my community. The 60mm is a perfect indirect fire support that is not too overwhelming like a 81mm or 155mm would be. But as I recently discovered, the HE airburst round is far more lethal than the point detonate round. Leading to players dieing off faster than anticipated when the missions were first concepted(like when defenders have trenches, they get murdered quick as hell by airburst rather than PD). The issue is that players can convert the normal HE to Airburst HE at will, I was asking for an additional round that can not be converted.

@WA Lancer We have no plans to limit the availability of airburst, at present. 

The original design intent was to allow the gunner to select the optimal impact type depending on the target, by simply adjusting the fuse on the shell.

First off - this weapons mod is amazing, and really adds to my unit's fun with Arma3, so thank you all very much for the efforts everyone involved has put into it.

We can confirm a similar behaviour with the L16 mortar assembly as reported upthread by TheElkin on 2/Jan/19 in comment 3332026 and with similar aspect to that reported by NethrosDefectus on 9/Apr/17 in comment 3174614.

We've tested the behaviour after stripping back our normal modlist (see below) and it's consistent for us with the use of particular mission file when run on our dedicated server - the popular Dynamic Recon Ops & Dynamic Combat Ops series by mrbrdm. When a mission from this series is used (we re-tested using the Dynamic Recon Ops - Altis version), the L16 mortar bipod item when placed from the inventory appears on the ground as a green bag, not as the tripod itself, and cannot then be used to assemble the L16. 

When we run a vanilla test using a mission file with nothing in it but two testing 3CB mortar file controllers and an arsenal to draw the two L16 components from, the bag when dragged from launcher slot to inventory correctly appears on the ground as the mortar bipod item and the mortar can be assembled by a user with the tube item in their launcher slot.

Mods - ACE, ACEX, CBAA3, 3CB Equipment/Vehicles/Weapons/Units, ACE Compatibility for Units & Weapons.

Understandably this is more of an issue for the mission writer than yourselves, but can you shed any light on what might be happening here?

Sorry, never actually used the mission / mod in question. I guess they must also do something with Static weapons / bags in the mission that is interfering with our assembly system.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, evrik said:

Sorry, never actually used the mission / mod in question. I guess they must also do something with Static weapons / bags in the mission that is interfering with our assembly system.

I've just started to play with the L16 mortar - and I too am seeing the same issue - that is I equip guy with it and when I play as that person - (there is just me and 1 ai character in the mission) when I drop the L16 mortar on the ground it stays in the bag and the only option I get is too take it back. I thought I was doing something wrong. Now I do currently have a lot of mods loaded.  So I've not tried seeing if something else causing it yet...

So on subject of mortars -  it appears that I can't add additional mortar rounds to ai or me via the init field using the "this addMagazine UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_Shells; " least I don't get more than the single round in the tube. I don't appear to be able to call support ammo truck to request more (ammo truck loaded with additional rounds)? not sure if that's  a bug with the support waypoint though.   If I place an ammo crate next to me then if I am playing I can reload no problem from that - but AI cannot - I assume that's expected behaviour ?

Also if trying to give other soldiers 81mm rounds they don't appear to show up listed in the load out editor ? Only time they appear is if you equip an L16 as a launcher - is that intended ? I don't think I am going blind !

Is there any known reason as to why my server can no longer verify the 3CB Weapons mod when i have my verification enabled. Before the update is was working great and no problems. Then the update Arma update hit and i was loosing connection to my server every time i tried to join. which is normal after the updates since something usually breaks. at first i just turned off the verification since i didnt have the time to figure out which mod verification was broken. i finally spun up my test server and enabled the verification again, and painfully took 1 mod away and and tried to join until i finally took this mod away and was able to join. i verified that is is definitely this mod and this mod alone. every other mod of mine works with the verification enabled. for the time being i have this disabled till i can find a fix. any help or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated since i am a big fan of your work!

*edited*

as a side note i am running the vehicle and equipment mod perfectly on the server.

Best Regards,

Panda

Edited by Panda Pilot
more info

I don't know for certain if it is the cause, but it could be the scopes that we include in the pack as standalone .pbos. They are an old version of Da12thMonkey's scopes. Now that he has released them as a standalone mod on Steam Workshop, we will be removing them from our pack and adding his mod as a dependency. This will be happening in the next update. It's the only thing I can think of as nothing has changed with the pack, although as you state, something in the game may have changed with the last update that the pack doesn't now like.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to announce version 2.5 of 3CB BAF Weapons.

This release moves the excellent RKSL scopes from being internal to the mod, to an external dependency "RKSL Studios: Attachments" available here (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1661066023)

This has been done primarily to aid maintenance of the two mods.

Please note that the separate Steam addon "3CB BAF Weapons (Ace Compatibility)" is no longer applicable and has been removed.  The correct ACE compatibility mod is "@ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii" and is available as part of ACE3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Hey there.
I recently posted on the steam page for weapons about some issues with the M6 Mortar. Coming on here to post how I achieved this aswell as my loaded list and RPT when I can get it.

Spoiler

"There seems to be a serious issue with the M6 Mortar. Putting it down, getting it out then picking it up again and going straight back into the mortar results in all the dials being FUBAR. I'm posting a video, image of loaded mods and will post my RPT soon on the BI Forums for it to be hopefully fixed"

Image of loaded mods, the 3cb baf was one version behind the current RSKL update - https://gyazo.com/097588cc6f62b21f656babf83af6d001
Video of how I produced and repeated the error -

RPT File - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/480426096047816704/563523416980848640/Arma3_x64_2019-04-05_01-35-03.rpt

Edited by Pied Piper
Adding RPT

On 4/4/2019 at 9:40 PM, 3cb said:

Please note that the separate Steam addon "3CB BAF Weapons (Ace Compatibility)" is no longer applicable and has been removed.  The correct ACE compatibility mod is "@ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii" and is available as part of ACE3

One question, just so I do it correctly, do we add this to the ACE folder or the 3CB Weapons folder?

@celticalliance Its an ACE Optional, therefore you'd want to open it up, then merge the addon folder found inside "@ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii" with ACE's base addons.

39 minutes ago, Pied Piper said:

@celticalliance Its an ACE Optional, therefore you'd want to open it up, then merge the addon folder found inside "@ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii" with ACE's base addons.

Can't I just copy the files into the main ACE Addons folder? That's what I did just now.

3 minutes ago, celticalliance said:

Can't I just copy the files into the main ACE Addons folder? That's what I did just now.

Yeah, thats the same as merging the two files together. You just want the files from inside the compat in ACE's main Addons folder.

41 minutes ago, Pied Piper said:

Yeah, thats the same as merging the two files together. You just want the files from inside the compat in ACE's main Addons folder.

Alright. Thanks for the heads up. It's working flawlessly 🙂

Just found a bug the other night, if you reload the UGL on the L85A2 without a magazine in bullets will appear below the magwell from the EMAG model.

4MWMaFE.jpg

• Like 1