Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

So, you guys are talking about the scopes... does anyone knows why all the scopes have been 'nerfed'?

ARCO / RCO Went from 10x to 2x

LPRS From 25x-75x to 5x-25x

DMS from 25x to 5x I think

Any reason for this?

Can't say as I've noticed any changes? (But then again, I can't say as I've ever noticed a 75x zoom scope in game either...)

I've noticed that ASP-1 Kir is mistakenly listed under Weapons category in VA. It's not a rifle, it's a bullet mortar of some kind.

Jokes aside, I'm not an expert in firearms but I'm quite certain that it is physically impossible for a bullet to start gaining altitude after being fired from a weapon with straight barrel. Am I missing something?

Jokes aside, I'm not an expert in firearms but I'm quite certain that it is physically impossible for a bullet to start gaining altitude after being fired from a weapon with straight barrel. Am I missing something?

Yes, you are - the barrel isn't parallel to the sight line.

trajectory_figureB.gif

The image is obviously exaggerated but it gets the point across.

It's because of the way zeroing works in the game. In the real world, your barrel would be pointing up, and only the scope would point straight at the target. Sadly, zeroing is not animated in the game, so the barrel and scope looks parallel, which would never (with a few exceptions) happen in the real world.

lol..I stopped following DEV branch a while back and just brought the Marksman DLC today... Im just simply really impressed :) keep on truckin BIS, what a truly amazing game :) hands down the best $20 I spent this year (ok maybe lying) but i'm more than happy to buy more quality DLC for this "game"

Sorry tbh I was actually looking for the drinks thread to recommend Sochu (Jin Roo)! Cheap and strong yo!

Yes, you are - the barrel isn't parallel to the sight line.
It's because of the way zeroing works in the game. In the real world, your barrel would be pointing up, and only the scope would point straight at the target. Sadly, zeroing is not animated in the game, so the barrel and scope looks parallel, which would never (with a few exceptions) happen in the real world.
Yeah, I aware about that feature of Arma series but with ASP-1 bullet's climbing rate is too high even on 300m zeroing. I've never seen similar trajectory on other weapons unless my memory is failing me. Just checked out and MAR-10 and Mk18 ABR have much more straight trajectories.

Anyway, that's just my unprofessional opinion. :)

Edited by Semiconductor

Yeah, I aware about that feature of Arma series but with ASP-1 bullet's climbing rate is too high even on 300m zeroing. I've never seen similar trajectory on other weapons unless my memory is failing me.

Anyway, that's just my unprofessional opinion. :)

The reason is that the projectiles coming out of the ASP-1 are very slow. It's a special purpose weapon using subsonic (less than speed of sound) ammunition to make it as silent as possible. The difficult trajectory is one of the downsides of such a weapon system. Such weapons do exist in the real world. One example is the VSS Vintorez, which served as inspiration for the developers when they made the ASP-1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSS_Vintorez

The reason is that the projectiles coming out of the ASP-1 are very slow. It's a special purpose weapon using subsonic (less than speed of sound) ammunition to make it as silent as possible. The difficult trajectory is one of the downsides of such a weapon system. Such weapons do exist in the real world. One example is the VSS Vintorez, which served as inspiration for the developers when they made the ASP-1.
Oh, right, how did I managed to forget about subsonic ammo? Thank you for the explanation! :)

So, you guys are talking about the scopes... does anyone knows why all the scopes have been 'nerfed'?

ARCO / RCO Went from 10x to 2x

LPRS From 25x-75x to 5x-25x

DMS from 25x to 5x I think

Any reason for this?

They haven't been nerfed, their descriptions have been changed to match their actual zoom level.

I think that the only scoped that was nerfed was the SOS->MOS, which is now a marksman scope instead of a sniper scope, although I'm not entirely sure about that.

I think that the only scoped that was nerfed was the SOS->MOS, which is now a marksman scope instead of a sniper scope, although I'm not entirely sure about that.

SOS was functionally identical to LRPS before. I'm glad they changed it so there's some more variety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSS_Vintorez

But still, if my scope is zeroed to 300m, shouldn the projectile hit at 300m ?

But still, if my scope is zeroed to 300m, shouldn the projectile hit at 300m ?

Yes, it should, and according to a test I just did after reading your post, it does hit. I used ASP-1 with Kahlia scope and used rangefinder to get to exactly 300m. I zeroed my scope to 300m and bam. Perfect hit on the target.

Note: Because of the difficult trajectory, even a small deviation from 300m will cause a large error in the point of impact. You have to know the EXACT range to your target. This weapon is difficult to master, and it's a special purpose weapon, so it's use is very limited. It's not practical to use as the primary weapon of a rifleman. It's more of a tool to sneak up close (within 300m maybe) on a target for an assassination.

Thanks for clarification, I didn't think about that. The more curved the trajectory is, the more accurate the distance measurement has to be. Makes sense. :o

personally I think what is in the DLC works well and has been produced to a very high standard.

Everything from the platform updates to the new weapons have seamlessly improved the game.

Just a shame there wasn't really much of it.

But I honestly feel like I paid $5 for new weapons and a $15 donation or a pat on the back to Bohemia Interactive like I was buying a red ribbon from the Red Cross or something.

You did. This is this basis for BIS's entire DLC strategy.

You did. This is this basis for BIS's entire DLC strategy.

It's pretty smart imo, keeps the community from dividing while giving everyone, even the inscrutably tightarsed, access to new features when these dlc are released like bipods, ffv, etc

Those are game changers.

Problem is many people are mentally myopic, they think - well I've got bipods now what an I paying for? Just a few guns? Would it be better if only those who paid got bipods, weapon resting, etc?

Maybe from a perceived value perspective but then the multiplayer component would be even more fragmented.

Not really the place to discuss this though...

The only problem I have encountered is when lying prone, even when on flat ground such as a runway, you cannot deploy you bipod which prevents me from gaining sustained bursts of fire from the machine guns without it lifting up into the sky.

The only problem I have encountered is when lying prone, even when on flat ground such as a runway, you cannot deploy you bipod which prevents me from gaining sustained bursts of fire from the machine guns without it lifting up into the sky.

You are clearly doing it wrong. How to you think deployment works, and how do you go about to try and deploy your bipod on flat ground? Please explain step by step so we can tell you what you are doing wrong :)

asp-kir muzzle flash is too bright making it useless during night mission..

I m need the localizer name from the New Weapons.

So you release a DLC to gain additional development revenue fair enough..

You include it in some mods like KOTH, to introduce/trial the dlc fair enough..

You have a policy that BIStudios does not support pay to win.... ???

1. Before the Marksman DLC, as I run out of ammo, I resupply or pick-up a gun and ammo of the next person I kill.

I can spawn and run with DLC in game, but not pick up DLC content of a person I killed, yet that person can of me if he has purchased it.

2. So I have the option to equip with Marksman DLC content in KOTH, but when running with DLC content excessive "buy DLC content" advertising on screen particularly during game play/combat.

Running with DLC content pops up a solid popup box to buy DLC content in the centre of the screen, blocking view or aim at enemy infront of you.

If you want to introduce DLC into an existing functional game, with the expectation of continued support from the existing community in buying the DLC, how about you leave the game functional and fair to all.

Limit your advertising/reminder that the DLC we are using is available to but to the side of the screen or as a death screen as we are respawning,

by not impeding/limiting the existing players in game experience.

Leave it to us to decide if your content is worth contributing toward.

Regards

Ned

So you release a DLC to gain additional development revenue fair enough..

You include it in some mods like KOTH, to introduce/trial the dlc fair enough..

You have a policy that BIStudios does not support pay to win.... ???

1. Before the Marksman DLC, as I run out of ammo, I resupply or pick-up a gun and ammo of the next person I kill.

I can spawn and run with DLC in game, but not pick up DLC content of a person I killed, yet that person can of me if he has purchased it.

2. So I have the option to equip with Marksman DLC content in KOTH, but when running with DLC content excessive "buy DLC content" advertising on screen particularly during game play/combat.

Running with DLC content pops up a solid popup box to buy DLC content in the centre of the screen, blocking view or aim at enemy infront of you.

If you want to introduce DLC into an existing functional game, with the expectation of continued support from the existing community in buying the DLC, how about you leave the game functional and fair to all.

Limit your advertising/reminder that the DLC we are using is available to but to the side of the screen or as a death screen as we are respawning,

by not impeding/limiting the existing players in game experience.

Leave it to us to decide if your content is worth contributing toward.

Regards

Ned

u can try it unrestricted in virtual arsenal...what pay to win? those DLC weapons isnt even that great compared to the regulars..u dont want advertisement just buy it

Mmm nice, so the MMG that's supposed to be effective out to 1500m is stuck with dinky rifle scopes.