CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

It was an issue with the L85, we already solved it though.

• Like 2

Quite a few pistols seem to have lost reload sounds recently (might have always been the case)

What's CUP's stance on porting TOH vehicles? I just replayed it and noticed there are a few airliners and such that could be very useful as static props to populate civilian airports (and to get shot down by terrorists, in case a mission designer needs instant drama :)). They don't look too bad, though obviously not quite A3 quality. It also has some civilian ships, which could be useful as well. Seeing as A3 has a dearth of civilian props in general, I (and I'm sure many others) would greatly appreciate that.

What's CUP's stance on porting TOH vehicles?

Does this answer your question? (WIP)

0RpefJS.png

ABSe1s9.png

zzSfUWl.png

• Like 23

Does this answer your question? (WIP)

wow, amazing work. 

Or, for the matter, the SuperHind that is already in the release since months.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Nice. :) I saw the SuperHind, but thought you could have made an exception just for it (seeing as you already have the regular Hind).

Those helos really look great. In that case, I'd like to ask for a port of the airliners. :) No need for them to be fully functional (destructability would be nice, though), my intended use is to place them at the airport as props, so that the thing doesn't look completely abandoned. Passanger cabin interior could be added later on. Since Ivory Aircraft is no longer available (and can't be reuploaded because of the author's wishes), there's only one modern airliner mod available out there.

No. Everytime you ask we delay them by 6 months.

• Like 13

I'd like to ask for a port of the airliners. :)

Problem is that 99% of civilian assets on TkoH don't hold up to closer scrutiny. They are either extremely low-res models, or have no interiors, or both. They really would only work as props, and frankly, that's something we don't really have the time and resources for to pull off.

Hello CUP team come further Takistan civilians?

Oh come on, please... this question has been asked a hundred times already, and the answer is always the same. We don't give any estimates, things get done on a whim because it needs to remain fun for everyone involved, so the Taki civilians have been on the backburner a while, also because I am about the only one working on units and there is still plenty of soldier units to port. I'm sorry if there is something you want and are not getting (yet), but that's the way it has to go unless we get more people.

• Like 2

Problem is that 99% of civilian assets on TkoH don't hold up to closer scrutiny. They are either extremely low-res models, or have no interiors, or both. They really would only work as props, and frankly, that's something we don't really have the time and resources for to pull off.

Oh come on, please... this question has been asked a hundred times already, and the answer is always the same. We don't give any estimates, things get done on a whim because it needs to remain fun for everyone involved, so the Taki civilians have been on the backburner a while, also because I am about the only one working on units and there is still plenty of soldier units to port. I'm sorry if there is something you want and are not getting (yet), but that's the way it has to go unless we get more people.

I'm really disappointed to hear this.  As much as I paid for this mod, I expected this to happen sooner, even after 3 DVD's worth of content have already been developed so far.

:D

• Like 4

Already looked into it, not worth it.

Shame. I could really use a big airplane prop, but CUP civilian faction only has prop airplanes (sorry :)).

While Boeing 737-100 is a nice aircraft, having only one type of plane at the airport looks odd. The DC-3 works, but it's very small. We used to have CRJ-200 and ERJ-135, as well as a Yak-42D, but they're no longer available. I'm sure that your decision was based on the work involved, not only quality, but the community is really short on civilian jetliners since Ivory Aircraft is gone.

Shame. I could really use a big airplane prop, but CUP civilian faction only has prop airplanes (sorry :)).

While Boeing 737-100 is a nice aircraft, having only one type of plane at the airport looks odd. The DC-3 works, but it's very small. We used to have CRJ-200 and ERJ-135, as well as a Yak-42D, but they're no longer available. I'm sure that your decision was based on the work involved, not only quality, but the community is really short on civilian jetliners since Ivory Aircraft is gone.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_Data_Pack

;)

• Like 3

I've got the CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty in my server (A3 Epoch Altis) but the defense guns are spawning on the ocean floor. Also the blue ghost ship appears underwater.

Is there something extra I need to get those guns in place?

Thank you.

No, in theory they should work out of the box (until yesterday afternoon, in fact, they did). I assume there's something in Epoch that is upsetting the spawner script? :P

Do you have any script errors?

• Like 1

I fully agree, but the problem is, these planes have no interior, no pilot view (so you're locked to some wierd outside view that can't even be rotated), and an insane flight model (i.e. none to speak of). The only purpose these things had were ambience, and mostly ambience in the seance of "Oh, look, is it Superman ? No, it's just a plane"

• Like 2

Incidentally, that's what I need them for. :) Though in this case, it's more "standing around in the airport" sort of ambience (hence, "airplane props", pun notwithstanding). I know they're far below CUP standard, but they do look OK-ish enough for standing around. It's not like we have anything better (well, there's the 737-100, but I tried using just that one and its noticeable). Otherwise the airport tends to look rather deserted.

find the "WOP" pack free d/l and port those over to A3 :)

Incidentally, that's what I need them for. :) Though in this case, it's more "standing around in the airport" sort of ambience (hence, "airplane props", pun notwithstanding). I know they're far below CUP standard, but they do look OK-ish enough for standing around. It's not like we have anything better (well, there's the 737-100, but I tried using just that one and its noticeable). Otherwise the airport tends to look rather deserted.

Yeah, yeah, we get it. But please accept that

a ) Not everyone needs prop planes at airports

b ) These things are from TkoH so they are only binarized, which makes them more difficult to port

c ) Someone needs to feel like doing these.

So yes, you have expressed your desire for these planes, you have to wait until we actually ported them (if we ever do) or you can join the project and port them yourself.

I realize everyone has their pet peeves - roads in the editor, Taki civilian, prop planes, container ships, you name it - but we only have two hands and 24 hours a day each, a lot of people wanting X and Y, and only so many people actually doing the work. Please understand

• Like 4

If you need them so urgently, how about port them yourself and then donate them to CUP ;)

• Like 5

I realize everyone has their pet peeves - roads in the editor, Taki civilian, prop planes, container ships, you name it - but we only have two hands and 24 hours a day each, a lot of people wanting X and Y, and only so many people actually doing the work. Please understand

This is why you should pay attention to MY request FIRST :p

• Like 3