dezkit

F/A-24 Shadowcat

I was wondering when someone else would think of it. I did mine based off f35 and f14. Turned out pretty cool. Looking forward to a different take on it

The cockpit is a F-22´s carbon copy (which is nice, I like it a lot), but the exterior design is undoubtly a mix of F-35 and F-14 (as it seems to be a fictious NAVY jet)

Don´t forget to check with John&Saul how to config the afterburners, the issue your Ivory fighters had of trembling and holding the manouverability were present on the PAK-FA and Firewill´s F16C, but both are resolving this issue too... just a headsup!

cheers!:bounce3:

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

The F/A-24 was a concept jet that I think was abandoned for the ATF project or something along those lines for the new Navy jet back then. Nils Ducker did a good job though for the Strike Fighters 2 version (which essentially those images are in the links), but overall not anything special.

Looks very impressive from the artwork and interior render. Will fit right in with the futuristic design of Arma. Well done Sir!

Regards,

Bull

Very nice, very nice. I hope to see it released soon. I wish ya all the best! :)

Are you planning conversion of Nils "Julhelm" Ducker's F/A-24 from Strike Fighters 2 then, or are you making a new model of your own based on the artwork from his website?

It's a bit confusing

Edited by da12thMonkey

Are you planning conversion of Nils "Julhelm" Ducker's F/A-24 from Strike Fighters 2 then, or are you making a new model of your own based on the artwork from his website?

It's a bit confusing

It's his model, with permission.

Loving it! I always wanted the Super Tomcat or a more modern variation of it. Maybe in 2035 we can have micro veneer thrusters to assist with agility and vtol on a strike fighter!

nice to see you back here, good luck :D

Wow, looks really nice! Does it come in black? :D

Will it have VTOL by any chance? And how will the retractable wings work?

Several features about F/A 24 worry me

1. Sweep wings reduce stealth and takes up internal space

2. Sweep wings reduce amount of internal weapon bays due to internal mechanics and limit wing pylons

3. 2 engines with internal weapons means large fuselage or limited engines/weapons and fuel

I'm no flight expert but these are quite visible after some thought, but its all relative to the size of the F/A 24

But as a Arma project I look forward to it!

Nice to see this being worked on dezkit! By the way what happened to all the rest of the aircraft you made several months ago? Anyway, it's great to see you back!

Nice one, though variable sweep wings are a somewhat dated feature. Still, ArmA3 needs a good, futuristic carrier jet.

Wow cool! This will be a nice addition to the 2035 Armaverse. Contrary to most people, I actually really like the semi-futuristic setting. I love the clash between modern technology and good old fashioned gunpowder firepower :D

Hey Dezkit good to have you back can't wait for this jet (f-14 is still a favorite of mine so its good to see a modern version of it :P ) it realy looks SMOKING HOT !! :P