laxemann

Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann - An unforgiving player suppression mod

Is it possible to get a userconfig option to tone down or remove the blurred screen affect?

I play 1st person only and use asr_ai so I definitely keep my head down anyway and I use your sonic cracks and immerse mods. I really like using this with them but only until the screen gets real blurry. Love the black screen twitches and all other affects (get the heart racing) etc but the blur is too much and forces me to not run it which is a shame as it scares the shit out of me for the first few second of fire fights but unfortunately the blur annoys me enough to drop it from my modline :(

Pretty please :) xxx

Agreed.  Would be nice to be able to modify the strength or longevity of the effect.  It's a great mod, but the effect can be so severe right now it's possibly blocking our ongoing use.

Doesn't have to be a userconfig setting, could be via init.sqf/desc.ext at a mission level?

Is it possible to get a userconfig option to tone down or remove the blurred screen affect?

I play 1st person only and use asr_ai so I definitely keep my head down anyway and I use your sonic cracks and immerse mods. I really like using this with them but only until the screen gets real blurry. Love the black screen twitches and all other affects (get the heart racing) etc but the blur is too much and forces me to not run it which is a shame as it scares the shit out of me for the first few second of fire fights but unfortunately the blur annoys me enough to drop it from my modline :(

Pretty please :) xxx

Earlier in this forum thread, the author suggested that a config file would degrade his intention: he really wants the effect to have a noticeable impact on how players deal with suppressive fire, so configuration options are probably not forthcoming.

What I would like to see, however, is something related to Bourne2kill's post: my community also uses some post process color effects, and whenever the effects of this mod wear off, the game reverts back to default post processing (i.e. none). Laxemann, do you think it would be possible to have the mod check for the existence of any post process effects and store them before applying its own effect? Then revert back to that value instead of the default? Sort of like how some parachute mods will check your backpack contents and stow them away, only restoring them when the paradrop activity is over?

Earlier in this forum thread, the author suggested that a config file would degrade his intention: he really wants the effect to have a noticeable impact on how players deal with suppressive fire, so configuration options are probably not forthcoming.

What I would like to see, however, is something related to Bourne2kill's post: my community also uses some post process color effects, and whenever the effects of this mod wear off, the game reverts back to default post processing (i.e. none). Laxemann, do you think it would be possible to have the mod check for the existence of any post process effects and store them before applying its own effect? Then revert back to that value instead of the default? Sort of like how some parachute mods will check your backpack contents and stow them away, only restoring them when the paradrop activity is over?

Huh, this is weird... Suppress creates new "layers" of PPeffects, we've been using Suppress for ages now and never had that issue... could you please make a video? o:

Pretty interesting mod, certainly brings more immersion to your missions that's for sure.

I recently noticed that there is a blur effect that doesn't go away completely.  Even turning my DOF all the way down didn't fix it, so I can only assume it's from this addon.

Hi Laxeman, I am using @l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align. I see, l_supress has no configuration file in userconfig.

Problem: In a mission, I got fired at, but the blur didn't disappear, so after all I had to restart the mission... What is happening there? I'm using the latest version which came through SIX.

UPDATE

Download (1.20)

Changelog

• Switched to CBA XEH system

• New way to track projectiles should increase performance (Thanks to Blaubär & Joko!)

• Rewrote most of the code

There also is a new key!

Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Fixed version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

LAxemann's Suppress v1.20

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

You even packed the key - thanks, dude, much appreciated!!!

Can you upload the mod to the workshop on Steam so I can have clients download the mod through the new server browser. Thanks :)

Hello laxemann. Thank you for your amazing work. We in my community use it consistently.

Tell me please, whether it is possible to remove the distortion of the image in the suppression and do instead reduced stamina and jitter sight? I think it would have been more realistic.

P.S. Sorry for my weak English.

When I lie down and start shooting: I'm supressing my self

Are you sure you arnt hitting the area close enough to you to cause that? or using his Force mod which causes flinching when shooting?

When I lie down and start shooting: I'm supressing my self

Experiencing the same thing...also the blur effect is much more prominent and makes it impossible to see anything.

Most likely linked to the 1.60 update.

/KC

Would it be possible for a control to determine how long the effects last?

Any chance of a fix for the prone bug introduced with 1.60?

/KC

I made a video with this mod, just to show it off a bit (with a couple other mods on at the same time)

Much as with L_Align, since 1.64 getting []: 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/L_Suppress_Suppress_sys/' not an array popping in Eden when saving.

Am sure you're aware of it  :).

We use Align, Immerse, Mount and Suppress - awesome additions to the core game, wouldn't be without them.  Great work LAxe!

UPDATE!

At this point, I'd once more like to thank my buddy Jokoho482. And so should you! Over the past months, he rewrote pretty much everything in DynaSound, Enhanced Soundscaoe, Suppress and Immerse - even adding features.

He's an awesome and incredibly helpful as well as funny guy. Expect to hear more from him and check out his "main baby", Project Reality A3!

Download V2.0

Also available via Steam Workshop

2.0 - Completely rewritten by Jokoho482, renamed to "Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann"
      Added: Settings are now handled via the CBA in-game menu. Go to "options -> game -> configure addons"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1