icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

Ah the subtleties of the English language  :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks#.22Dog.27s_bollocks.22

To be fair, bollock is a VERY English (not American) term, particularly among the British armed forces.

I would agree its an very English/British thing to say, defiantly not american ;)

Anyway back on topic - looking forward to the update - perhaps an MP event to celebrate? 

• Like 1

Event? Next week ;)

Update? Now ;)

Changelog
=========
v3.5
- fixed the issue with AI jumping/swimming on lower heights of terrain
- removed units and weapons as they are now part of a new addon named: FAP Units (Foes & Allies Pack Units).
- improved middle and normal satellite texture
- couple of small fixes

v3.5 is available on my website: http://www.icebreakr.info and PWS.

p.s. sadly I didn't remove the Panthera dependency yet as CUP Terrains bridges in ca\roads are still causing CTDs :/

• Like 2

Updated mod v3.50 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

I've uploaded one... HUGE problems tonight with the file. Did u duplicate something?

There seems to be a distinct lack of sky in my download.. nothing much changes with the time.

It's fine if you DONT use the addon for the new light settings for CUPS by metalcraze, and use default.

• Like 1

I've uploaded one... HUGE problems tonight with the file. Did u duplicate something?

PWS version seems to still have the units and the weapons in it.

There is something wrong with PWS. :/

Resolved (big thanks so Sonsalt!) - PWS though it is a patch only, since filesize reduced severely due to removal of units. It is fixed now, for all of you who updated Duala to 3.50 in PWS here is a way to fix the issue:

1. Run Play WithSix and open you active mod collection

2. Go to A3 folder and delete isladuala_a3 folder completely

3. Run update when black icon appears near the island in PWS.

4. Voila, run.

p.s. how to check if you have the correct files using PWS? Simple: @isladuala_a3\addons folder should have only 6 files.

p.s. sadly I didn't remove the Panthera dependency yet as CUP Terrains bridges in ca\roads are still causing CTDs :/

I'm sure it'll be resolved at some point.  Would be nice to drop that dependency.

I'll be the 10,000th person to say... great map icebreakr!

Absolutely love the new duala, outstanding work as always! It seems the new version is having some issues with objects?

from my rpt 

"17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 91, 93, 92
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 95, 94, 90
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 95, 90, 91
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 100, 108, 101
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 103, 109, 102
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 206, 207, 203
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 206, 203, 202
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 213, 220, 212
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 214, 221, 215
17:06:52 Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1
17:06:52 Key frame animation, no 'keyframe' property
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 30, 0, 20
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 21, 1, 31
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 34, 2, 24
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 25, 3, 35
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 274, 272, 273
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 274, 273, 275
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 294, 292, 293
17:06:52 Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 294, 293, 295"

Thanks!

also another odd thing is that when boats are in the water, they seem to go up and down out of the water and below the water as if there are invisible waves on a dedicated server

also another odd thing is that when boats are in the water, they seem to go up and down out of the water and below the water as if there are invisible waves on a dedicated server

You mean like this (video in SMD Sahrani)?

If you find a workaround, please, share it with us ! :) 

You mean like this (video in SMD Sahrani)?

If you find a workaround, please, share it with us ! :)

Yup its not as exaggerated but thats it. The boat will go completely out of the water and then completely underwater.

Opendome, did the update fix your dedi issue with ALiVE unit spawns?

And that video above is creepy! :(

Oh which update? Im still having the same issues

Yes we're getting this too.

Oh, and 1.60 broke the sky.  The sky is broken everywhere it seems.

Well interesting about the boats... saw this the other day on our UNSUNG map... thought it was a glitch.  Only happened w/ the BIS zodiac however.  The PBR, patrol boats, etc. all were OK.  Interesting.

We've been getting it with the BIS Zodiac, and the larger FFAA Zodiac.

ICEBREAKER Sir, Hoping you haven't got totally peed off with Bis, and will you be doing a fix for the 1.6 Black sky bug on your maps?

Re;
Dogs Bollocks I believe comes from a distortion of Box Deluxe, probably part of cockney slang. There was something that came in Box Regular & Box Deluxe, chocolates or something, deluxe being the best, so Box Deluxe became Dogs Bollocks.

We are inclined to screw with our language :)

Also;
 'that's bollocks' -> 'that's rubbish'
 'give him a bollocking' -> 'chastise him'
 'He dropped a bollock' -> 'he made a mistake'

Dropping bollocks is something Bis is inclined to do with their  update patches :936:

Got home. Downloading 1.60. Stay tuned :P

• Like 3

The Fix CUP did has got rid of the blackness & weird colors, but the clouds aren't right. On Takistan Mountains for example with full cloud 10/10 its like broad daylight in full sun no clouds showing.... should be used to the Bis bollock dropping after, what is it? 10 years! OMG

That is such a huge improvement over what we have been seeing since the update. Such a site for sore eyes. Keep up the amazing work! I appreciate all you do for this community. 

• Like 1

Looks great! I want it, I need it, :627: please please... you da man dude!

6th June that rings a bell :war: