icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

There seems to be some kind of config problems. To make a long story short, if you do:

_center nearObjects ["Building", _radius]

You get every building in Duala, no problem.

But if you do:

nearestBuilding _center

Almost none of the buildings in Duala are returned. In the next picture, you can see in red all the buildings that got returned by the first command, and in blue, the only ones that got returned by the second command:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/545299607734990874/7DC1BA54E103252738A006408E476B8985B86301/

Acording to the WIKI, nearestBuilding returns objects of class "House", but after doing:

_center nearObjects ["House", _radius]

You get the right buildings again:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/545299607734991609/1E848342DDD682332356F4395D48F1D4A55C4515/

Also, it seems the building that are NOT returned, which are the great mayority, returns "true" when you do:

hint str (isNull cursorTarget)

Look what happens in this area for example:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/545299607734992145/FB31BC21C084AAE0B3DF5004C5A6325D02C80AA7/

I've tried the same command in Altis, and in the Sahrani version of CUP, and everything works fine there. Could you take a look please? It's breaking a lot of scripts that rely on cursorTarget and nearestBuilding. I've been doing some search and in one case a re-binarization solved the problem, though I'm not confident about that being the case here.

PS: I don't think Duala to be the only map that is affected. It might have been started after 1.54, but I'm not sure about it.

seba did u try this with CUP Terrains?

Yes I did. AiA and CUP, both the same behaviour.

Hello there! I just finished vectorizing the flags of Afrene & Molatia into a higher quality format, 1024x 480 renderings can be found here: imgur.com/a/HlEKc

I realize this isn't of much importance, but I thought it would be relevant to post here, if anybody would like higher resolution renderings, the base .svg files, or would like to correct me on any details of my vectorization, you need only ask.  :)

Great job DrFatalChunk ;)

Thank you!  :D

I also developed some 1:2 adaptions (the ratio used by the ingame flags), and converted them to .paa, if you would like to include them with the addon as objects!

I seem to be encountering an odd issue with this map. If I set the date/time to something like June 14, 2018 at 11:45:00 then all units on the map at the beginning of the mission seem to either get flung into the air  or glitch into the ground and disappear for a second before reappearing  and taking damage or dying.

rebel12340: I'll take a look. It seems waves are causing that on very low grounds (heights up to 10 meters). Can you confirm that, custom disable waves and wind under editor and see if that still happens?

rebel12340: I'll take a look. It seems waves are causing that on very low grounds (heights up to 10 meters). Can you confirm that, custom disable waves and wind under editor and see if that still happens?

I tried setting all the attributes for wind and waves in the editor to 0 as well as placing units at a higher altitude (a hill 99m above sea level) and, unfortunately, the problem still seems to be occurring. 

Hello. I have found a problem after I installed this map. Many of the houses are not showing up in any towns, leaving empty lots.

Isla Duala v3.4 is coming.

Features:

- removed units and weapons as they are now part of addon named FAP Units (Foes & Allies Pack Units), you can get them here.

- fixed the issue with AI jumping near the water and on low grounds

- couple of small fixes

Issue that remains are still the bridges and AI - I cannot replace bridges with working ones (PMC from CUP) since:

- their pylons are not long enough and too wide for larger bridges

- they are still undestructible

Would you like to see any other changes, but in a matter that doesn't affect the mission makers?

• Like 1

Isla Duala v3.4 is coming.

Features:

- removed units and weapons as they are now part of addon named FAP Units (Foes & Allies Pack Units), you can get them here.

- fixed the issue with AI jumping near the water and on low grounds

- couple of small fixes

Issue that remains are still the bridges and AI - I cannot replace bridges with working ones (PMC from CUP) since:

- their pylons are not long enough and too wide for larger bridges

- they are still undestructible

Would you like to see any other changes, but in a matter that doesn't affect the mission makers?

I'd like to see Lingor give the same TLC!! :D

Great to hear. I'd like to know if the problem I reported with the buildings not being detected as such by many commands has got some attention.

Sorry seba1976, I have no clue how to solve that?

Update v3.5 coming close to the release.

These screenshots taken with the new lighting engine?

These screenshots taken with the new lighting engine?

certainly looks like it.

Still has that blueish tint about it though, same as the Porquelles map, with the new "Splendid" shaders, still looks the dogs bollocks :D

Dogs bollocks.... that's a good thing, right? :)

Sure is! :) 

It means in lay man's terms, out fucking standing !! :D

• Like 2