icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

Ack!  I love Isla Duala from my "Limited Assets: Isla Duala" experiences, so I'm trying to make a new mission on it, but AI drivers (even with VCOM running) are coming to a dead stop on the Hazena bridge.  I tried using a trigger to jump them past whatever might be stopping them, but it seems like they stop hard anywhere in the middle of the bridge (starting from a position about halfway between the first two pairs of street lamps on the west side of the bridge going east - haven't tried any other configuration yet).  I have terrain setting on "high" and the AiA Lite pack.  Could it be the Lite version causing this trouble?

It's a known issue, for which there's no available solution yet. A new bridge is on the way I believe. Meanwhile, if you want, I can send you a template with a working teleporting system in place for each of the 5 bridges that the AI wont cross other way. It's messy, but it keeps the traffic flowing  :) .

It's a known issue, for which there's no available solution yet. A new bridge is on the way I believe. Meanwhile, if you want, I can send you a template with a working teleporting system in place for each of the 5 bridges that the AI wont cross other way. It's messy, but it keeps the traffic flowing  :) .

I understand.  We do what we can.  No, thanks, I've already implemented the teleporting.  What would really be nice is for the bridges to be destructible, too.  I manually did setdamage 1 and they didn't blow up.  My goal for the workaround was to only allow the teleporting if all segments of the bridge were still intact, but alas, I couldn't blow up the bridge segments.  Best wishes, all.

yo Icebreaker, it seems the african uniforms shipped with Duala are making the AI invincible, or at least take 100 bullets to kill. Probably an ACE conflict, but RHS and other uniforms are fine. Any chance of uploading a fix?

yo Icebreaker, it seems the african uniforms shipped with Duala are making the AI invincible, or at least take 100 bullets to kill. Probably an ACE conflict, but RHS and other uniforms are fine. Any chance of uploading a fix?

Did you activate the unconsciousness for the AI in your ACE medical settings? If yes, it probably come from that.

yeah its set on 50/50. thanks for the advice, will see if that fixes it

edit - can confirm that the ACE medical option of 'AI unconciousness' has no effect on the invincible AI.  It is solely due to the uniforms that come with the Duala map, so the damage threshold in the config may need to be tweaked...

Yeah we noticed that this Thursday on our regular squadnight, lol. Dammit, ACE got updated (or A3 patch did that?), any clues how to fix that?

Nah sorry man i wouldnt have a clue. All i can say is that CAF, RHS and the outdated ISIS mod by sanchez doesnt have the problem, so maybe look how they have done their uniforms and see what is different with the duala ones. I would have thought it was just the armour or bullet pentration values

Admins, feel free to delete this post. My error was a user fault error. All good now.

"Because BI changed armor values in v1.50 without saying anything and we had to adjust." -- well, swell. Does anything know something about that?

@icebreakr: Please put the rebels into Duala.

You should ask massi to use his vehicle pack , I think it would solve a lot of your missing vehicle problems for both sides minus the fixed wing aircraft.

• Like 1

Well, you can use Massi's pack, he already released his stuff didn't he?

You should ask massi to use his vehicle pack , I think it would solve a lot of your missing vehicle problems for both sides minus the fixed wing aircraft.

Well, you can use Massi's pack, he already released his stuff didn't he?

I think he was referring to you using it for Dualan units, incorporate/retexture into your mod (which isn't even allowed without permission). 

I'd recommend CUP as they advertise themselves as a modder's resource mod as well, the mod team appears very friendly towards people willing to use their mod as a base to retexture on, etc.

But their official vehicle release hasn't been done yet :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hello, we just tried Isla Duala this week and it's very well optimized, very fluid. We love it.

However, I would like to know, are Afrenian Army and Molatian Army still working with Alive?

I tried setting "AFR_Army", "AFR_Men", "MOL_Army" and "MOL_Men" but all I got were CSAT soldiers instead.

Hello, we just tried Isla Duala this week and it's very well optimized, very fluid. We love it.

However, I would like to know, are Afrenian Army and Molatian Army still working with Alive?

I tried setting "AFR_Army", "AFR_Men", "MOL_Army" and "MOL_Men" but all I got were CSAT soldiers instead.

I think you can do this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings

That is more of a question for Alive team?

I was asking so you could tell me the correct "factions names" and confirm that your factions are alive compatible inside the config.cfg of -your mod-. But ok, I will ask alive team too.

I will check that.. Thank you!

Icebreakr, as long as your unit config follows standard Bis format - with no renaming of classes or types it will work with ALiVE. If you have custom structure or classes, then it will not work.

ALiVE cannot fix that btw - in case anyone wonders...

SJ

Icebreakr, as long as your unit config follows standard Bis format - with no renaming of classes or types it will work with ALiVE. If you have custom structure or classes, then it will not work.

ALiVE cannot fix that btw - in case anyone wonders...

SJ

What does that even mean??? Of course the classes are named different... Confused.

sorry - probably not explained very well... My understanding is it's the "type" classes i.e. car, armor etc... those have to be standard. If you changed them to say (something more useful lol) "Tracked Armor" "Tracked Recon"    as some mod makers have... then it breaks ALiVE

sorry - probably not explained very well... My understanding is it's the "type" classes i.e. car, armor etc... those have to be standard. If you changed them to say (something more useful lol) "Tracked Armor" "Tracked Recon"    as some mod makers have... then it breaks ALiVE

Ah OK, got it.