icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

I´m using all the latest version of the addons. As well as any required files by the panthera island.

I edited the required modfiles from panthera to the duala modfile

Only Mods are CBA , AIA , and Isla

When we were flying above the named island the game freezed immediatly.

do you have this issue with panthera? i used to lock up hard when i looked at a certain direction on one of the island on panthera and it has happened on Duala....ive cut down my mod list and havent tried yet but im wondering if we had the same issue....

Did you include ibr_rn.pbo? What is your mod line?

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for a fix. There is mention of the issue at this Steam thread in the description and comments http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364611851. I have tried on this DUWS misson and on SaOk's "Whole Lotta Altis" mission, same result.

Hi. Has there been any progress with saves not loading issue ? At least I got a decent game with the AMAZING :yay:Duala using this mission. when I came back to it, lo and behold, no "continue mission" button (or whatever it says) in the ArmA 3 scenarios menu.

Here's the log from starting the DUWS Africa mission. I just hit "Play" hoping it might pick up the saved game (a "Sitrep" in DUWS) but of course it didn't. Can't see anything in particualr in the log myself, but I'm not an ArmA 3 log expert.

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3_2015-04-03_16-03-12.rpt

It should be fixed in the latest release? I took the instructions, if it doesn't work let me know what the solution is.

I am currently busy with making new islands, but I would be happy to release an update.

OK, scrub my last post about game saving not working. That appears to be a DUWS issue as WLA: Amalgamation is loading and saving fine.

I inserted in the Bay of Hazena, but no light house beam going round as I remembered it in the A2 version. But there is a flashing light.

Edited by DJ_Barney

I have a strange problem, Panthera and Duala are both freezing my game if I'm in certain area.

My game is up to date and I only run the needed addon when I tried to reproduce this.

I download your maps multiple time (from armaholic and your personal website) and it still bugged for me.

Papanowel: it seems you're using not the latest AiA? Do you have ibr_plants and ibr_rn files?

And what area would that be?

On Panthera, if I move from Lesce airport and follow the Valley to Arnoldstrein, my game will freeze.

Many other area are the same, it is strange.

Papanowel: it seems you're using not the latest AiA? Do you have ibr_plants and ibr_rn files?

You are right, I must have forgotten to download some of the last AiA patch, I had some pbo missing.

Thanks to you for pointing me in the right direction.

I hope you will finish Tonal one day :yay:

Edited by Papanowel

You still planning on doing a lite version of this without units and weapons IceBreakr?

I think it could be more interesting if it will be made a version of Duala as standalone, the requiements file (panthera files) of it as a "core", and after a units/veichles pack of Duala. What u think about it?

Cryuz: That can be done with the next release this week.

SFOD: Why would I do that? It means guys using both islands would have to have duplicate files increasing the size of A3 folder as it is. So far I have no donations/permissions for vehicles so I will not be separating infantry from the island full version.

As I've said before, expect updated version this week, including updated graphics + new sector North of Engor. ;)

Cryuz: That can be done with the next release this week.

As I've said before, expect updated version this week, including updated graphics + new sector North of Engor. ;)

:yay: You're awesome, know it.

Hi Ice. Ok thanks for the info. However I think it was a good idea split Duala from panthera, cause in this eay u could run it w/o the other. And I suggest a "core files version" for this. Save space on HDD. Nothingh else :)

This is an excellent mod :) Thank you for the hard work you put into it! Unfortunately I don't seem to have the ibr_plants.pbo allthough I'm using the latest AiATP version (1.4.1). Is there another mod that I need to install?

Ran a mission with my friends on Duala last night... as always it was awesome and a large part of that was the Duala terrain. Thanks for all the hard work IceBreakr. Your maps are always amazing.

Question, Lingor has always been one of my favorite maps of yours. Is that being worked on for Arma 3 ? I was always curious if there was gonna be issues with it cause all of the amazing rivers and stuff cutting through it. Anyways. Keep up the killer work !

Isla Duala v3.3 will be released shorty. Sorry for a bit of the delay due to some nasty bugs found in last 24 hours.

Lingor for A3 is coming, Opsixdelta. I'm also working on several new maps right now, Keystone, Tonal Reloaded, Balkania etc.

p.s. does anyone have any spare Leo1s, T-55s or T-62s to share with poor Molatia & Afrene? ;)

Just giving a shout out to Ice Breaker for this wonderful terrain.

It seems as though every map is a desert map lately, so it's refreshing to get some beautiful African scenery.

I'm using this and N'Ziwasogo for a combine terrain African Ops Campaign. Our group LOVES both of these maps. Look forward to the next update!

A bit of the delay, we squashed 5+ bugs in v3.3 that is coming now / today...

Hey guys!

I'm glad to announce that v3.3 has been sent to Armaholic & Play WithSix. Oh, you can download it at www.icebreakr.info (News section).

isladuala33_bif.jpg

Changelog:

- added vast new region: Taris Island on North

- over 332,000 placed objects

- various improvements (satellite texture, coastline)

- 90s Afrenian rifleman is now armed

- added intro with towns (load island in Editor then return to main menu)

- added Kamaz open & covered trucks for both factions

- added Leopard 2A4 Evolution to Afrenian Army (Molatia has to rely on Russian RHS tanks for now, heh)

- primary weapons made compatible with new bipod function (no more sinking in the ground)

Edited by IceBreakr