On 1/7/2017 at 4:20 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Yesterday I went back into a couple of my missions to make some edits, and I got the itch to ensure all units both placed and spawned had some NVG's in their inventory. But I'm noticing a few issues

I'll see what I can find out and I'll post back if I can isolate the conflict.

I've checked this with a just the 3CB mods and ACE.  

Place the unit config module on the map, followed by some units.  The module must precede the units in the mission.sqf, so place it first.

I disabled the randomization and loadouts, in the config module.

On launch, all unit's uniform, vest and backpack inventories are empty and both weapons (L85 and sidearm) have a single mag in the weapons.  This is working as intended.

Disabling the loadouts, means you get a completely empty loadout.  Its the only way we can ensure our loadouts  do not conflict with mission designers scripts that add equipment on load.

I'm also not seeing the warning message in the bottom left.

• Like 1

Thanks. I was placing the module last. I didn't realize it needed to be first.

I'm not gonna lie - the hints in this module don't make any sense. I'll admit, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I really don't understand what each dropdown does. 

Would you mind telling me what my module should look like? This is for an ALiVE persistent mission (no ACE or loadout scripts), where the players are manually placed and every other unit is spawned in the mission itself by ALiVE.

I don't need anything fancy. And I don't care if it's random gear or default gear. I just want all units to have NVG's on their person and have ammo in their inventory and in their guns.

Unfortunately that option is not currently available.  You either select our load-out, or we leave it to you and you provide the ammo etc.

PM me your exact use case, and I'll see what we can do for a future release.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lifetap said:

Unfortunately that option is not currently available.  You either select our load-out, or we leave it to you and you provide the ammo etc.

PM me your exact use case, and I'll see what we can do for a future release.

Thanks for the invitation for making a feature request. All I was really looking for was a way to have all units spawn with NVG's in their inventory, whether they're placed in the editor manually or spawned using the faction name with ALiVE. I had assumed that was already possible but I think I misunderstood the purpose of the unit configuration module.  

So I guess it would be cool if you guys made usage of the module more clear (again, the hints are confusing), and made it possible to use the NVG option and not suddenly have to worry about units not having any ammo on them.

To be fair, I haven't tried placing the module first and then placing the units so I apologize if that's already possible. 

5 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

So I guess it would be cool if you guys made usage of the module more clear (again, the hints are confusing), and made it possible to use the NVG option and not suddenly have to worry about units not having any ammo on them.

I have a suspicion that we've got crossed wires.

Place the module on the map, before any units are placed, and leave the settings as default.

Any units now placed via EDEN or Zeus will have ammo and NVGs.

This may help https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-units/usage-units/

• Like 1

As mentioned, I think it's purely the order in which you have placed the module down H&VOS. What you want to do is the default behaviour.

Place the BAF Unit Configuration module:

3dmLXWI.png

Place your playable units:

oPkHUeT.png

NVG's and Ammo available:

AdzJqM9.png

• Like 1

Thanks UK_Apollo. That makes sense.

Could you explain the first two module options for me? I use ALiVE. I'd take it that means for me the first option should be disabled, and the second option should be enabled (considering it's ALiVE specific) but I really don't understand what either option does or if it's "bad" to disable the second option as an ALiVE player.

If you disable customization on spawn, then you effectively disable the whole of the 3CB loadout scripts for units when they spawn.  You'll get no inventory, no randomization, etc.  This option is meant for people who want to load the entire equipment loadout from an external database or mission script.

If you disable customization on re-spawn, then on a respawn the 3CB loadout scripts do nothing.  This option is for people who run ALIVE respawns or ACE respawns, where one of these external modules remembers the units loadout and reapplies it in some way after their death.

So if you use ALIVE or ACE respawns then disable the 3CB  "customization on re-spawn"

• Like 1

Thanks. Just curious but I don't think ALiVE has any built in respawn mechanic. For players to respawn in an ALiVE mission, you'd have to set it up yourself using (for example) vanilla respawn_side markers and description.ext.

For spawned AI units with ALiVE, they don't respawn at at all. They get "killed," and optionally replaced with new units via Military Logistics.

This is what I don't understand. To my knowledge, ALiVE doesn't handle this stuff, so whether I enable or disable the customization on re-spawn option, I can't tell what it supposed to do.

The default option is enabled for both customization on spawn and respawn. It sounds like you're saying this is the option I want (because it retains 3CB loadout scripts).

I guess I'm just saying the hints make it seem like ALiVE players need to disable the customization on respawn option but unless I'm misunderstanding, I think the module is presuming ALiVE does something it currently doesn't do. 

Its possible I'm overlooking something here so I'll head over the the ALiVE wiki and see if I can suss out what you guys are taking about.

9 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks. Just curious but I don't think ALiVE has any built in respawn mechanic. For players to respawn in an ALiVE mission, you'd have to set it up yourself using (for example) vanilla respawn_side markers and description.ext.

The discussion on 'respawn' is of course only in reference to playable slots.

This is the @Alive module and setting we are referring to:

j2iz4jZ.png

• Like 1

Ah! Yeah I just saw the multispawn module on the wiki. I knew people used it for more elaborate methods (such as respawning in a vehicle) but I had no clue it had an option to remember your loadout. Pretty neat! :)

Thanks. I see what you mean now. So in this circumstance since I don't use the module, it sounds like I want "enabled" for both dropdowns. 

And thanks for being patient with me. As always, I appreciate it guys. Top notch customer service. :)

4 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks. I see what you mean now. So in this circumstance since I don't use the module, it sounds like I want "enabled" for both dropdowns. 

Probably yes, although it depends upon what the default behaviour for @Alive is when you don't place the "Player Multispawn" module at all - I can't remember tbh. Perhaps place the @alive module and force it one way or another to suit your mission, to be sure?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

Probably yes, although it depends upon what the default behaviour for @Alive is when you don't place the "Player Multispawn" module at all - I can't remember tbh. Perhaps place the @alive module and force it one way or another to suit your mission, to be sure?

The default behavior is to just use the default unit gear on spawn. It doesn't alter AI or player loadouts in any way. It's designed for vanilla Arma first and foremost.

ALiVE also plays nicely with faction mods (such as Project OPFOR) that use randomization scripts too. 

It's my understanding since ALiVE doesn't handle this stuff, it's always at the mercy of the faction mod itself. This is why, for example, it doesn't interfere with your 7 second (or so) delay on mission start while 3CB checks for ACE.

Hey guys. I think there might be a new issue with the Javelin carrying units occasionally spawning with too much gear to do anything other than walk.

This just happened with RHS too so I'm guessing a game update must have impacted this.

There seems to have been a change in the way weights are calculated when ammo is equipped.  It seems to doubled the weight.  We have a similar issue with the L7's ammo.

We're not sure if its a bug or a "feature",

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 5:47 PM, lifetap said:

There seems to have been a change in the way weights are calculated when ammo is equipped.  It seems to doubled the weight.  We have a similar issue with the L7's ammo.

We're not sure if its a bug or a "feature",

Someone did open a ticket so sorry for assuming it might be your mod.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121950

• Like 1

I'm very pleased to announce the major release of our  3CB_BAF_Vehicles, along with updates to 3CB_BAF_Weapons, 3CB_BAF_Equipment and 3CB_BAF Units.

CHANGE LOG VERSION 4.1

• Added ACE3 microDAGR to pilot loadout
  • Added JTAC bergen to all sniper and spotter units
  • Added ACE3 Range Card to BPT and Recce L129 Marksman units
  • Added L110 unit to all BPT and Recce camouflages
  • Added night gear crate
  • Added Land Rover motorised groups
  • Fixed bug in Eden UK3CB Loadout module 'Remove NVGs'
  • Fixed logo incorrectly displaying in VA and Eden
  • Fixed Army Ghillie for all camouflages
  • Fixed incorrect 7.62mm magazines in inventory of Marksman armed with L86.
  • Replaced Loadout script completion callback with more reliable flag
  • Replaced ACE3 red map light with white map light
  • Replaced smoke and flares for UGL / Mortar units with 3CB versions
  • Replaced L22 with L22a2 for older camouflage units (DDPM & DPM)
  • Replaced BPT and Recce Pointman with BPT and Recce L110 unit

EDIT:  Full details including download links are on the front page

• Like 7

Oh hey while I eagerly await the downloads, the last two updates (which were pretty major content-wise, and this seems similar), I had some backwards compatibility issues where my previously made missions wouldn't open and I needed a lot of help from the community cleaning up my mission.sqm's. Should I anticipate something similar here (which is totally ok if I should. Just curious)? 

Anyway, as always, thanks for all the amazing work. It's always top-notch and amongst the very best around. Land rovers  here I come!

EDIT: I'm in and fully error free! Hell yeah team 3CB! We are fully backwards compatible (which I imagine wasn't easy considering the changes!)!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Hopefully not H&VOS!

Learning from previous releases we now include pbo's inside the mod packs which add compatibility with legacy content which has been renamed or replaced.

If you come across any issues please feel free to post the details here and we'll attempt to give you fix info (usually class name replacements) straight away, but we're not anticipating any problems in this regard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_Apollo said:

Hopefully not H&VOS!

Learning from previous releases we now include pbo's inside the mod packs which add compatibility with legacy content which has been renamed or replaced.

If you come across any issues please feel free to post the details here and we'll attempt to give you fix info (usually class name replacements) straight away, but we're not anticipating any problems in this regard.

Ah you ninja'd me! I just edited my post. :)

My missions open perfectly! Thanks a million billion! I can't imagine that was an easy thing to do. It means a lot, thanks so much for that. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the release, looking great!

• Like 3

Ok, so I was just PM'ing someone about my admiration for this family of mods, but you know what, there is no reason not to share my love for it here.

I am absolutely astounded at the brilliance of your guy's work. It's honestly unprecedented in Arma 3. I'm talking, EVERY SINGLE camo pattern has its own dedicated cfg groups (yay for ALiVE compatibility!) You want to take a mortar out on an op? Well sure, here are some  crates you can place down. Not enough? Go to the Virtual Arsenal, grab a tube and a kit and some ammo and be on your way.

Dedicated night vision crates just in case your op might turn into night, resupply point objects for not only your vehicles, but your choppers too. Old Armaholic scripts be gone!

Automatic ACE recognition, a module to configure everything server related, including the ability to automatically place NVG's in the kit of every unit if you so wish. The most incredibly detailed interiors on tracked vehicles I've ever seen. Healing capability at ambulances, functioning sirens on police vehicles!

I could keep going but you guys get the gist. The 3CB mods respect the player's and mission maker's time and you guys deserve all the praise in the world for your forward thinking and making the what felt impossible happen.

The only reason I don't use it for every mission ever is I occasionally get the itch to use some heavier tracked vehicles and planes. But I'll tell you, I miss it when I'm not using it because the 3CB team has accounted for everything a mission maker, a SP'er, and a large team could ever need!

And not only that, but the icing on the cake is how your team always answers every questions users have, and always in such a pleasant and understanding way! That should not go overlooked either.

Thanks for amazing work 3CB team. My love for what you've accomplished here should not be wasted in my PM box. :)

• Like 9

.........and their screenshots are f*****g dope too!

• Like 5