I would highly suggest reducing the amount of factions in editor. Its a little excessive. I believe the organization should be something like this:

factions and groups are organized this way for Alive mod i believe.

• Like 4

That is correct, the number of factions is specifically for Alive .  We will be taking steps however to reduce the vehicles variants in the VA.

How would you configure that to work with @alive wsxcgy?

Please provide a detailed config explanation that does not result in mixed camo's/era's in spawned groups.

Oh, sorry. I was not aware it was formatted that way to work with ALIVE. Then I would suggest a version incompatible with ALIVE I guess, though really its not a big deal as I lose hardly half a second of my life scrolling past, so it is not a massive concern and not worth the effort on your part. Thank you for the clarification.

Just want to say thanks to the 3CB guys for not just for the great units/equipment/weapons/vehicles, but also for the commitment to making sure it all works with ALiVE.

I know it's mostly because you guys use ALiVE, but I think we all appreciate having such high quality packs that have been developed with ALiVE compatability in mind.

• Like 3

A hotfix for the Units is now available

Version 4.0.1

• Fixed init module error
  • Fixed BPT/Recce group names

Apologies for any inconvenience.

• Like 4

I don`t like spamming the same thing in several different threads, it just seems a bit impolite, so I`ll just throw a huge thanks in this one for all the 3CB work.

As a Scotsman, and a nationalist at that, it feels personally awkward to worship anything carrying that particular flag, but it`s a wonderful piece of work, and worth every platitude given to it. Every update is pure gold.

Definitely missing that wonderful `tache/face camo combo for the pseudo-falklands units that can be created in Eden though. Those clean faces just don`t cut it :)

• Like 1

Oh how's the insurgent faction you guys have been working on been going? I'm not asking for a status report or any of that, just more or less wondering if it's still in the works and maybe hoping for some more sweet screens. :)

I saw a video from Serjames on YouTube from a couple weeks back on Clafghan. Are those the units?

Now that the Equipment/Units/Weapons update is released, the Opfor pack will get more development time to finish it off.

The project is very much a "go", don't worry. 

Evrik may post more screenies, he does like to tease.  :-)

• Like 3

It hasn't been decided yet. We'll focus more upon it once we get the hotfixes for the vehicles out (Wildcat Laser issue). However, it is likely we will start with Blufor, Indfor, Opfor and Civilians for three theaters. These will be Army (Blufor, Opfor, Indfor) and Militias (Blufor, Opfor, Indfor), and are likely to include fictional African, fictional break-away Eastern European, and Takistan factions. The pack will be dependent upon RHS - I realize not everyone uses that - but the primarily reason for this pack is to give our mission makers control over the factions we fight against, and we use RHS on our servers. Also, we just don't have the free time / manpower to make up all of the weapons, vehicles etc... from scratch, not when you consider how long it has taken just to get the BAF weapons and kit to this stage. However, there will be some additional vehicles included that aren't currently in the RHS pack. These are mostly civilian, but there are also a few older military vehicles for the militia factions. We started this after Leights was banned from the community and issues started to appear in his pack following updates to the game. We didn't forsee Project Opfor starting up. Anyway, here are a couple of screens of the WIP units:

87F66EF8E8F7CC2D47A5EBC9F9D3F7FAECFC90AC20137D54A24F21EB8565E3CF6C0C324A9A8B57D927C1314586F90FF4D50109F953718A77D2E1365D

• Like 7

Hi. I have an issue when placing units in the editor. All Army units spawn with RMC uniforms (i.e: with the Royal Marine Commando insignia shoulder patch). This means I have to manually change the uniforms of Army units through extracting info from the virtual arsenal. Is this an acknowledged issue?

50 minutes ago, JonnyDeadly (DayZ) said:

Hi. I have an issue when placing units in the editor. All Army units spawn with RMC uniforms (i.e: with the Royal Marine Commando insignia shoulder patch). This means I have to manually change the uniforms of Army units through extracting info from the virtual arsenal. Is this an acknowledged issue?

No, haven't heard of this one before.

I've just double checked and when putting down Army units in Eden, I get an Army uniform (no RM markings) as expected.

If you'd like us to investigate further can you give exact steps to reproduce please? Mods being run, how units are spawned etc.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:46 PM, UK_Apollo said:

No, haven't heard of this one before.

I've just double checked and when putting down Army units in Eden, I get an Army uniform (no RM markings) as expected.

If you'd like us to investigate further can you give exact steps to reproduce please? Mods being run, how units are spawned etc.

I'm only running the latest versions of the four mod packs (Weapons [2.0], Equipment [2.0], Units [4.0], Vehicles [4.0] - as downloaded from the mirrors provided at Armaholic) alongside CBA_A3. I have tried removing the mod folders and downloading/installing them again, and this issue persists.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your quick replies, and to wish you and the 3CB team a very merry Christmas! I have used the mod(s) in the past, albeit in earlier versions, to build missions with no issues, and I appreciate you taking the time to try and help out.

Replicating the issue: 

-  Immediately after launching the game, I am saluted with an error message at the main menu: "Script any not found" - to which I close.

- Heading into the editor and attempting to place down any 3CB Unit: the unit will spawn with some relevant equipment appropriate to the respective unit's role (i.e. weapons). However, the equipment will only consist of one magazine for each weapon - and the unit is always missing a backpack. It is visible in the editor that the uniform, for any 3CB unit spawned, is an RMC one - due to the observable insignia shoulder patch.

- Upon selecting "Play scenario", I receive the following error message when placed in game: http://imgur.com/5NsAThA (Another thing that is immediately noticeable is how each team member of the player declares that they are running low on ammo due to the single magazine issued for each weapon)

If there is any further information I can provide that you think may be useful and I have missed, please inform me.

I think you may be using an outdated mismatch of old versions?

You certainly shouldn't be getting script errors.

These are the current version numbers;

Equipment v2.0.2
Units v4.0.1
Vehicles v5.0.1
Weapons v2.0.2

Merry Christmas to you too, hope you had a good one.

• Like 2

Thanks Michael!

Yes...we've already made a number of minor bug fixes, and small improvements to the units loadouts, based on user feedback in our dev build.

More major feature enhancements are likely to come after the release of the Land Rovers to our Vehicles pack, when we'll be able to enhance the @alive motorised compositions in Units.

There is also work progressing in our Weapons and Equipment packs to provide new content, which of course filters through to the gear used in Units.

• Like 6

Yesterday I went back into a couple of my missions to make some edits, and I got the itch to ensure all units both placed and spawned had some NVG's in their inventory. But I'm noticing a few issues.

1. The unit configuration module still seems to shoot an error on mission start on the bottom left half of the screen. 

2. When the unit configuration module is placed, manually placed units will not load their weapons on mission start, using both the random and fixed module option.

3. When editing the loadout of a unit in the editor, via right clicking and selecting "edit loadout," the unit will have no ammo in his inventory (this is unrelated to the unit configuration module). So unless you manually add the ammo to their person, this unit will spawn without ammo.

4. When placing the unit configuration module, and then removing it, all manually placed units will spawn without ammo and the units themselves need to be deleted and replaced so they spawn with ammo in their inventory and loaded in their weapons again.

So it seems the only safe way to have units spawn with ammo loaded in their weapons, and having ammo in their inventory, is to place them in the editor and not edit them at all. 

I haven't tested this with just 3CB and nothing else (I'm currently using 3CB, Project OPFOR/RHS and ALiVE. I do not use ACE) but I can try it without additional dependencies if this behavior hasn't been observed by your team. I have to wonder if something I'm using is breaking the unit configuration script and causing it not to properly initiate, otherwise I'm sure someone would have reported it by now.

I'll see what I can find out and I'll post back if I can isolate the conflict.

Do you have any plans to release this and the other mods from 3CB on Steam's Workshop?

• Like 1