I cannot comment on the sight you mention, but I'd speculate that the magnification is not x4 (using the new BI formula).  We were generally okay, with our released versions as what was originally x4 turned out to be around x3 using the new formula.  The problem materialized when we set them to x4 using the new formula.  ie they become higher magnification and the eye position (in 3D) moves back and you get the clipping issues.

Sorry there is no magic solution,  its just geometry.

That's cool (and I really don't want to sound like a dick here) but if they work fine with vanilla units, and RHS units surely there's something different about the 3CB models that causes the issue?

Again totally not ragging on your guys work, it really is amazing. In fact in slowly paring down the mods we use on our server yours look like being the core of our modpack.

If it's just a case of too much rework to fix then I totally understand that too.

I was wondering if I could get a little insight from you guys. So the strangest error(s) just started to happen. I'm going to assume that I'll need to do a little trial and error on my own here, but if maybe you guys could point out where these are being generated from - such as units, and/or the trunks of vehicles, weapons or ammo boxes, etc - that would really help me out and hopefully save me from having to delete everything and starting over.

So, all has been well in several mission I've made using your units. I've been making these for a few months now and never had any errors. In my Inshallah mission (on Takistan, in my sig), two days ago I decided I wanted to add another proper base on the southern most airfield. I placed a lot tents and debris, communications towers and generators, campfires, etc. You know, I was decorating. 95% of all of the objects I placed were straight vanilla, like I always do, with a couple from CUP and CBA. I try to be very mindful to only place objects I feel are error free, any never use anything like Eden Objects or ARP2 Objects when making my missions because I like to keep my error logs as clean as possible so I try to stick with mostly vanilla assets.

Anyway, after building this base, suddenly I'm greeted with these:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.UK3CB_BAF_U_CombatUniform_MTP_RM_NEW_B'.
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.UK3CB_BAF_U_CombatUniform_MTP_ShortSleeve_RM_NEW'.
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.UK3CB_BAF_U_CombatUniform_MTP_RM_NEW'.
Not all of them occur within the same testing session; usually just one happens. Sometimes none. But eventually, one of them will pop up and I'll have to click ok to continue.

I realize they're uniform items and probably from spawned ALiVE units (which so far deleting and replacing modules hasn't helped). Aside from the units themselves, can any of these items be contained within a vehicle's cargo or 3CB supply crate? I'm also thinking it's possible one of my 3CB mods themselves became corrupted - which has happened to me last week when I needed to redownload 3CB Equipment because I couldn't join my unit's server. Are these from the 3CB Equipment mod maybe and perhaps I should download it again?

I've already spent a few nights deleting and replacing things but it's like something about this base fluffed something up. This isn't unusual with ALiVE when building upon an already built mission, and 99.9% of the time stuff like this is fixed by just deleting and replacing objects and modules. Unfortunately, none of this is working form me at the moment.

Anyway, if anyone knows which units, items or objects these are coming from that would help me a ton.

Just a quick update ^^^^

So I redownloaded all of the 3CB mods and deleted and replaced all 3CB related modules and the errors continue. It's like I poisoned my mission in someway and I have really no idea what else I can try at this stage.

Looking at it, this *seems* to be periodically occurring when ALiVE is spawning the units from faction UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP from the military objective module, and not related to any vehicle/ammo box/similar asset. It's like occasionally when the units try to spawn (so I can be anywhere on the map where 3CB units are), the game sometimes can't find whatever the uniform objects are when it spawns the units.

The errors don't actually seem to harm gameplay at all (which is good) but as I said earlier, I try very hard to keep my missions error free. Though I do need to physically stop playing to click ok (which I really wish BIS nuke to oblivion). Not really sure why the game can't find these items all of a sudden. Any insight would help me out a ton. I really have no idea what else to try.

It's possible ALiVE have changed something in they way they spawn our units. We don't use bluff Ai so haven't seen this in testing. Either way those uniform errors will be gone shortly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, Serjames.

I realize you guys may not want to show your hand too too much, but can you give me any more details on why you think the next update might fix the errors if you've never seen the errors before? I'm just trying to find some comfort in the fact that your team may inadvertently fix this on your end but I really don't know how it can be fixed if no one other than me has reported an issue. I take it some big changes are on the horizon then?

I doubt ALiVE is the culprit here, to be honest. It spawns groups based on group configs and as long as they follow standard BIS protocol, there shouldn't be any issue. I've been using 3CB with ALiVE for over a year now and never had a problem until I built this base the other day. I think what's going on here is some mysterious object I placed for whatever odd reason conflicts with your units and I'd gather causes an error when the units try to spawn their gear.

If anyone else from your team is familiar with what these errors are though, I'm really curious. They all seem to be related to some uniform or equipment that has the word "NEW" in it.

I'm not as close to the detail as I should be - but I believe we had some test uniforms that slipped into the last release by mistake. I believe that is what is being pulled up ? I'm sure one of the mod crew will be along shortly to probably correct me :-) but I'm sure that won't be a problem for the next release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe it is related to the place holder units we accidentally left in the release. They were using the MTP Blufor uniform we reskinned in an effort to remove the kneepads. However, we couldn't completely get rid of the kneepads so abandoned that line of approach and went to source a new uniform model. As Serjames says, those legacy entries should be cleaned up in the next release.

• Like 1

Awesome! I've been several days on this so thanks for the reassurance.

It's a nice fuzzy feeling when you go in somewhere asking for comfort, and get big old 3CB hug telling you everything will be fine. :)

I wonder what I did to suddenly make this happen? You'd think I would seen this before considering I play with your units nearly every day. Anyway, I appreciate it a ton and I really appreciate the replies.

I'm very pleased to announce major releases of three 3CB mods: 3CB_BAF_Weapons, 3CB_BAF_Equipment and 3CB_BAF_Units.

Version 4.0 3CB_BAF_Units

M4JNOla.jpg

CHANGE LOG

added prerequisite of @3cb_baf_vehicles

added Arctic units & compositions

added Desert units & compositions

added Temperate units & compositions

added Tropical units & compositions

added Woodland units & compositions

added Assistant AT Javelin unit

added Assistant GPMG No2 unit

added BPT units (Medic, Explosives, FAC, Marksman, Point Man, Team Leader)

added Fire Team Leader 7.62 belt unit

added Grenadier 7.62 belt unit

added Gunner Mortar 60mm unit

added Mortar Fire Controller unit

added Recce units (Medic, Explosives, FAC, Marksman, Point Man, Team Leader)

added Rifleman AT ILAW 7.62 belt unit

added Rifleman AT NLAW 7.62 belt unit

added Anti-Tank Section

added Fire Support Group

added Fire Support Team

added MMG Section

added Weapon Crew

added manned Merlin and Wildcats

added manned Jackal and Coyotes

added manned Turrets (static weapons) in all factions

all factions separately configured for use with @alive, including air assets

improved spawning mechanism

tweaked unit loadouts

adjusted @ace3 unit loadouts (medical supplies, mine detector, flashlight, spray paint)

added @ctab compatibility

added Eden Editor preview images

added functionality to the 3CB BAF Unit Configuration Module

removed redundant 3d scope option

• Like 10

Awesome. Totally awesome. You guys are the BEST.

So speaking of ALiVE compatibility, will factions now organically have vehicle and helicopter support?

For instance, will faction 3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP have motorized and air assets for resupply organically now?

Awesome. Totally awesome. You guys are the BEST.

So speaking of ALiVE compatibility, will factions now organically have vehicle and helicopter support?

For instance, will faction 3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP have motorized and air assets for resupply organically now?

we did it for you mate... Knew that would be the first question :-)

• Like 2

Updated mod v4.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey 3 Commando Brigade , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

The Army Desert units are astounding! Amazing work everyone. I've already switched 2 of my Afghanistan missions over because it looks so damn sweet.

Congrats, 3CB team. These updates are phenomenal.

• Like 1

Small bugs aside we're REALLY pleased with the feedback we're getting both here, on Steam and within our own Unit... So I guess it's time for my normal Plea. I do this after every release, and tbh it doesn't tend to have much effect. But I live in hope that there is someone out there suitably inspired.

SO...

Doing these mods takes a LONG time. The modding team proper (I'm just a mascot and general "annoying ideas" guy) are really small, no more than a handful really.  We take our time and try to get things right first time out, which as you know means long periods of development, testing, more development, and more testing till we're 99.9% sure it's ready. And we're also absolute sticklers for quality... no slap dash ports here thank-you-very-much ;-)

We're grateful to all the support we get from other teams, and likewise anyone who knows us, understands how much time and help we give back by way of coding support or reciprocal sharing of assets etc. But our own Mods would move a lot faster if we had dedicated help.....

We-Need-You.jpg

So who are we looking for: Primarily we need Texture artistsAnimators and Modelers. We have real experts who can do all the nasty coding and config work. But we have limited resource on getting the actual finished models. People who can produce authentic looking models and textures or animation  / rigging fiends. All welcome.

Why is that important: Pretty much every request we get both internally and externally is for new kit. Or for Kit that looks more modern or Period accurate. That's just not possible without good models to base it on; and we've just about stretched the limit on what's already available out there in A1/A2/Community land. Then we have to get it looking right, with awesome textures, in game and moving right...

So why would you want to Join us: We're really lucky to have some seriously skilled people who can get your creations into the game. We do this in a really social-able non competitive environment and have become great friends in learning how to get the best out of the engine we have. Apart from one team member, none of the guys had any modding or game development skills before they started and I would say in the short time they've been developing our packs; they have really got good at what they do. We can help bring you along on that Journey. 

What we are not: We're not a modding school. They just don't have time to teach people how to mod. What we need is people who are already good/fairly advanced at the skill they bring and who are looking for that next step. I.e. Getting the asset into game. This is where we really shine and can help coach and support.

But I don't want to play as British Royal Marines: Ideally we'd love it for people to join us properly and play with the kit we produce, that's the main reason we do it... To have a great crack with large coops and TvTs running around in MTP/DPM whatever... BUT we have people who collaborate with us who are not playing members so don't be put off by the "must join the unit" perception. That's effectively secondary to how the team work.

So how do I get in touch: Just send us a PM. Lifetap is the "manager" of the team and co-ordinates all the resources to ensure we get the best results. But feel free to speak to any of the familiar 3CB user names you see popping up on the threads. Alternatively we're active most nights on the TS: voice.3commandobrigade.com

So that's me for another round... I'll copy paste this into the other pack releases, so forgive the repeats.  

Please keep the screen shots and video's coming, we love to see how you're using the kit and if anyone spots any other oddities - please let us know.

Cheers

SJ

Hi 3CB. Excellent update - I love the new DPM textures. I am having a problem though - the special forces units in the editor aren't really functioning. They spawn as regular soldiers with L85s rather than SF operators. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

Hi 3CB. Excellent update - I love the new DPM textures. I am having a problem though - the special forces units in the editor aren't really functioning. They spawn as regular soldiers with L85s rather than SF operators. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

I believe the DPM Woodland SF guys get L85's rather than L119's, because the era for the DPM Woodland is before the L119 was introduced.

Try the MTP for example and you will see the Recce/BPT using L119's.

MTP, Arctic and Tropical all have the newer weapons/scopes, including the L119 for the recce/BPT

I would highly suggest reducing the amount of factions in editor. Its a little excessive. I believe the organization should be something like this:

(3CB BAF)

>Men(Army,MTP)

>Men(Navy, MTP)

>Men(Army,DDPM)

>Men(Navy, DDPM)

>Men(Army,DPM)

>Men(Navy, DPM)

and so on...

How would you configure that to work with @alive wsxcgy?

Please provide a detailed config explanation that does not result in mixed camo's/era's in spawned groups.

• Like 1