All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. AveryTheKitty

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

This. I'm getting roadside picnic vibes more than anything, especially with a new looter faction in cfgFactionClasses.
  3. AveryTheKitty

Contact Expansion Feedback

Rahim works well enough, or VS-121 in real life. IIRC it was going to replace the SVD until it didn't (some time after Arma 3 added it in Survive).
  4. Grumpy Old Man

When will BI start to understand their own product?

Nothing to add, well put. Cheers
  5. haleks

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

@sberla101: Science-fiction is just another theater/context to explore Arma game mechanics, in my opinion : they clearly didn't add aliens for the sake of aliens - the trailer already hints at new gameplay and what I believe to be a "stalker-like" gamemode with hunts for artefacts. From what I can gather, aliens will be a distant presence and we won't interact directly with them : most of the action should remain very much conventional.
  6. General Kong

Definitely loving the new stuff that's coming in, and I am loving the new terrain on dev branch, I kinda wish there was completly new marksmen rifles for the Spetznatz, maybe a fictional AK Marksmen variant or SVDK for Spetznatz, it would really round out the infantry arsenal for Russians
  7. Dedmen

NO, BIS, NO.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1720529762 But that's not related to this topic really.
  8. nothing to say, simply true!
  9. AveryTheKitty

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Not sure, my PC is also fairly old but I can usually run Altis, Stratis, Malden, and occasionally Tanoa just fine. Methinks it's because of the amount of textures like Tanoa's buildings; DayZ's engine is definitely more efficient, yes.
  10. AveryTheKitty

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

Happens with both SCBA Cylinders. Sand retextures of the Apex rugged screens and generator look... bad. Black ones are missing buttons too. How will the default / GL variants of the AK-12 from Apex be handled with the Russian forces? Will it require either / or, or both Apex and Contact? I'm loving the new content and I am super excited to get my hands on the new LDF and Russian gear in particular. Also, it is kind of strange to have LDF on the independent side when they are a NATO member state as mentioned on the Steam page and elsewhere. It also means they cannot engage the Looter faction (saw 'em in cfgFactionClasses). I'm begging y'all to include PSD / TGA samples or unencrypted files for the LDF and Russian equipment! 😄
  11. xjoker_

Enhanced Movement

Is there a variable to set, to enable/disable the jumb/climb function dynamically ? for example player setVariable ["unable_to_jump",true];
  12. Any reason why the Chernarus+ buildings are such framerate killers? Can they get away with it in DayZ because the engine is more efficient?
  13. sberla101

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Hi everyone. Am I the only one who believes (and perhaps hopes) that this "Expansion" is not what the BIS want us to believe? Let me explain myself better, if that "alien technology", of which we see very little, was just something created by the Russian CSATs to divert attention from other devices like East Wind? I ask myself this question because I love BIS too much and I am incredulous about the way they have decided to take this expansion. I know very well that this does not mean that the future of ArmA will be SciFi, but it honestly left me a bitter taste in my mouth. Maybe I should "live it" lightly and not worry too much and enjoy the journey that only ArmA can give me. Mine is not meant to be a criticism. Thx
  14. Australian SOF units Update! Changelog: - Added M249 camo - Added Mk48 (black and camo) - Added FN MAG - Added MP5 - Added HK417 retextures camo - Added custom berets (SAS, 2nd Commando, SOER, CDB-RAN) - Added Javelin and Stinger launchers - Added recon and AR platecarrier variants - Added ACH helmets - Updated OpsCore models - Added mortar gunner and support operator(multi) - Improved uniform's models and textures Download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655157508
  15. AveryTheKitty

Some more modern buildings would be pretty neat but otherwise I'm loving the new terrain! FPS is kind of low in urban areas unfortunately - I am begging the Amsterdam team to not add furniture. People don't seem to realize that this really complicates things for mission makers and - furthermore - will cause even lower FPS because of draw calls, rendering, etc.
  16. nkenny

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Worth it for the tractor. -k
  17. haleks

Contact

Hi everyone! So, I'm sure everybody heard about the new expansion called Arma 3 Contact. ^^ Just wanted to inform you that this doesn't change my plans about this little project : we don't know yet how we will be able to interact with aliens in the DLC so it's difficult to tell if any feature will be redundant with what BIS has to offer, or how "Contact" will evolve. But in any case, the incoming DLC will benefit this project with new assets - especially if props are available to everyone wether they own the DLC or not. I guess we'll know more in the coming weeks - stay tuned!
  18. Private Evans

Good: - fantastic map layout including a lot of interesting locations (a few really spooky ones) - new buildings taken from Chernarus + ( Small Supermarket, Police Station, Health Center, Radar Station and a lot more) - most buildings have interiors (no furnitures though) - amazing ambient sounds (especially at night...daytime need some ballancing) - fantastic vegetation assets ( taken from Chernarus+) that look so much better than the A2 stuff Could be better : as mentioned by others before... there should defentely be some modern buildings blended in...a modern petrol station at the main road maybe, a modern supermarket here and there some newer residential buildings as shown by Rydygier representing a more modern or future (2035) look of east european countries...also maybe add a few of this typical appartement block buildings for some diversion ... Bad : still some very low rez textures here and there
  19. haleks

I sure wouldn't mind being gifted this new DLC but, to be fair, I didn't come up first with the UFO idea : it's what Arma3 would have been about from day 1 if things went differently during early development. If, with "Contact", along with many other sci-fi themed content created by the community, I contributed to demonstrate there is an appetite for that kind of stuff, then I can consider myself happy. That being said, I would love to hear more about the decision process behind the new DLC : when did develoment start, was BIS aware or encouraged by content such as "Contact" etc...
  20. Those new water spill decals on dev branch tho.
  21. Maio

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Small reminder, BI has multiple studios, each working on a different project.
  22. The Man Without Qualities

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

It is just a DLC, nobody needs ti buy. The odd thing is the signal BIS is sending to the community. It looks like BIS is selling out all unfinished stuff/addons rotting at some SSDs and wrapped hastily a alien story around because with alien+timetravel you can explain any curiousity. When I look through the forum, I get the impression that the community wants rather things fixed before new (potentionally also buggy) assets are added. IMHO, every dime, evey dev-minute spend into addon dev is wasted, to have a successor for A3 befoe 2035. I would give BIS every year 200€ for bugfixes, just maintenance of A3 + dev of A4 until....
  23. Exactly! For this reason, I suggested a hight fence. This would at least be able to alleviate the situation for the infantryman’s gaze.
  24. haleks

NO, BIS, NO.

There is no learning from past or current events in Arma : it's not the adaquate platform for it. Why do you think 99% of the content in the series is fictionalised? If BIS was to picture real world conflicts, they would drown in endless debates and partisanship. I'm perfectly fine with fiction - including aliens : just because it's fiction doesn't mean they threw realism away... I don't believe such an encounter of the 3rd kind would happen, but hey who knows? Exploring what would happen in such a situation is a good pretext to play, and as long as it's plausible I'm happy with it. Aliens aren't necessarily kid stuff either, there's been, and still is, plenty of serious studies on what would/could happen if we found out we aren't alone. The only thing we know for sure about aliens, is what we don't know (as philosophers love to put it); there's still room for such a scenario in the realm of possibilities.
  25. It's still a WIP asset and it's missing resolution LODs but I added to it camo selections today 😉
  26. I'm really not sure if this is only for me but, since fn_respawnNone.sqf uses worldName to show the map name, so the Singleplayer death screen will show you ENOCH when you're dead. I feel this is awkward and I think it should show us 000000 \ LIVONIA on the screen. Offtopic though, same goes for Weferlingen.
  1. Load more activity