I'm having the following error pop-up when loading 3CB BAF:

Addon 'UK3CB_BAF_Units_Woodland_CW' requires addon 'ace_common'

Other mods used (apart from 3CB BAF and required addons) are RHS (+ 3CB BAF RHS compats) and 3CB Factions.

The BAF Cold War units are optional .pbos. They make use of RHS vehicle reskins and use ACE3 as a requirement, unlike the rest of the pack. That is why they are optional.

• Like 1

I see. However, I checked the BAF Units modfolder, and I don't have _cw.pbo in Addons (it's in Optionals). Yet, somehow it's still being loaded (I can even load those units in editor). What I'm doing wrong? (I'm using Workshop versions of 3CB stuff)

Is it possible that you have two separate versions running? I will check the mod though to see if something is broken. No one else has reported this issue though.

Okay, I think I know what's happening. Simply, the Workshop compat mod - 3CB BAF Units (RHS compatibility) - contains both _units_rh.pbo and _units_woodland_cw.pbo. I guess that's why I'm getting missing ACE errors and Cold War units in editor.

On our server without ACE3 if we have the 3CB BAF Units (RHS compatibility) installed the server won't start due to the following error:

20:00:25 Warning Message: Addon 'UK3CB_BAF_Units_Woodland_CW' requires addon 'ace_common'

Can confirm that this is due to that mod having the uk3cb_baf_units_woodland_cw.pbo addon in the main directory

Cold War units are optional and require ACE3 and RHS for some reskinned vehicles (Chinook, C130 etc..). If you are not running ACE3, you will not be able to use the CW units and compatibility mods. That is why they are initially in the optionals folder rather than the main directory.

21 hours ago, evrik said:

Cold War units are optional and require ACE3 and RHS for some reskinned vehicles (Chinook, C130 etc..). If you are not running ACE3, you will not be able to use the CW units and compatibility mods. That is why they are initially in the optionals folder rather than the main directory.

They are in the main mod, but not in the 3CB BAF Units (RHS compatibility) one which is pointed to this thread for compatibility where they are in the main directory and not an optional folder which is what is causing the issue.

Yes, confirmed. We are looking to release an update to the Units anyway to incorporate the new medical kit in ACE3 (splits etc...) in the unit loadouts, so we can hopefully fix the compatibility issue at the same time.

2 hours ago, evrik said:

Yes, confirmed. We are looking to release an update to the Units anyway to incorporate the new medical kit in ACE3 (splits etc...) in the unit loadouts, so we can hopefully fix the compatibility issue at the same time.

Sounds good, also the same issue in the 3CB BAF Weapons (RHS ammo compatibility) mod.

There appears to be a problem with the mortars lately where after a certain distance it just becomes incredibly inaccurate, im talking over a thousand meters inaccurate.

On flat land, 1 knot of wind, we use the artillery computer against an accurately marked target which is over 2 kilometers and for some reason the mortar (L16) lands its rounds 700 meters short. This doesnt make sense, and RHS mortars do not act this way, could it be an error on our part? i doubt it since using the arty computer is just clicking on the mark made in the map.

Are you using ACE3? Do you have ACE air resistance enabled ? If not, then that could be the issue. We tend not to use the artillery computer.

1 hour ago, evrik said:

Are you using ACE3? Do you have ACE air resistance enabled ? If not, then that could be the issue. We tend not to use the artillery computer.

We have tested with air resistance enabled and disabled, with and without computer

Then I don't know, sorry. I will check with the people who regularly play as mortar gunners on our server and see if they have experienced it. If not, it could potentially be a conflict somewhere.

Hi

I have recently started playing arma 3 after playing OFP many years ago and added this mod. 

You have the best looking BAF units I have come across and want to use your units with the mod dynamic recon ops. However, the units always start with one mag for guns. They seem fine in the editor though. 

How do I fix this? I'm not familiar with the games systems, so you might need to keep it simple for me. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, CASIN0 said:

Hi

I have recently started playing arma 3 after playing OFP many years ago and added this mod. 

You have the best looking BAF units I have come across and want to use your units with the mod dynamic recon ops. However, the units always start with one mag for guns. They seem fine in the editor though. 

How do I fix this? I'm not familiar with the games systems, so you might need to keep it simple for me. 

Thanks

To be simple, you should check out the 3CB modules, the unit configuration one to be specific. It's under "Module" in Eden editor.

Thanks. I'll have a look for modules. If I change that will it carry across to the DRO mod or only apply in the editor in stuff I create?

Sounds like a setting in the dynamic recon mod that is cha going something. Have yiu tested with just the 3cb mods first to rule out whether this is the case. If so I would go and ask them or look for there documentation.

1 hour ago, andy1 said:

Sounds like a setting in the dynamic recon mod that is cha going something. Have yiu tested with just the 3cb mods first to rule out whether this is the case. If so I would go and ask them or look for there documentation.

I have tried the units in the editor and they work fine. When I try to play using DRO, they only have 1 magazine and no equipment apart from their weapons. The uniform vest and back pack load up correctly though.

As I say that screams like DRO is making changes to the load outs. You need to look at the settings or configure for that mod.

I'm pleased to announce version 4.15 of 3CB BAF Units

CHANGE LOG VERSION 4.15

• Added new pylon variants of the Reaper (generic), Apache (generic), and Wildcat (armed and generic) to Arctic, Desert, MTP, Temperate, Tropical, and Woodland
  • Added new pylon variants of the Wildcat (armed and generic) to Woodland(CW)
  • Fixed bug in units module where removing GPS also removed NVGs
  • Added L3A1 to loadouts
  • Adjusted all loadouts
  • Added cargo versions of Chinook and Hercules
  • Like 2