klamacz

Firing from Vehicles feedback

Then again, this thread had Dr. Hladik professing to be interested in some community ideas but declare that "it is just not possible to do all those animations in a week. Or a month." I guess the attitude of "meet (new) deadline at all costs" still reigns supreme. :/

If you remember, the helicopter DLC was supposed to be released this month. However the multiplayer fiasco got in the way of this. I'm sure a lot of work went into those vehicle animations, it'd sure be a shame to see it all go to waste. Regardless. For the vehicles in which the animations do work correctly, I would like to see this happen. I don't care if they simply added a generic cone to be able to fire from and then used a placeholder animation from, say, the MH-9. It'd still be worth it to me.

It's a known BI method to just scrap things they unfortunately can't fix. Same thing happened to beta clouds and most recently guaranteed messages!

Guaranteed messages are not scraped.

But you have to realize, complex things are complex.

The vehicles with working animated geometry are the UH-80, Mi-48, CH-49, and Ifrit. The vehicles that have animations that the geometry isn't working is the Strider and the Hunter. I don't believe that the CH-49's cargo ramp geometry animated, but the side doors did.

It would be aweful if the rear door of the Mohawk doesn't work when the DLC is released, because the Huron's works, and it has one. The Mohawk has one, and it doesn't work? Would be... Well, unfortunate. Besides, it would look better if they managed to get it to work. I think someone made a mod for it, but there were floating pieces of the ramp hook near the top of the tail.

The ability for cargo positions to turn out would be very helpful. I'm working on several apc/ifv's with openable hatches such as these AAV ports (then again fixing the tankX amphibious capablities would be helpful too lol) and some additions i'm contributing to another mod makers project.

With the ability to FFV, turning out would add alot of value to having these hatches on IFV's etc

Also I'm trying to get the feature to work on turned out tank commanders/loaders but so far I'm having some difficulties. Most definately due to my own lack of understanding of these functions so far rather than with the functions themselves. Is there a way to toggle between the PersonTurret and normal commander turret?

also what animation should be used? currently i have the ability to rotate the commander and fire weapons (crosshair does not follow movement so far though) but the animation is just that of the commander turned out rather than weapon raised etc. When i reload it shows the weapon etc interpolate then back to the turned out pose.

Is the crosshair position anything to do with the commanderturret? and if so will this prevent tank commanders or loaders from being able to use this feature correctly?

Edited by Guest

Guaranteed messages are not scraped.

But you have to realize, complex things are complex.

Good to hear. Only wish cloud coloring from the Beta came back!

The ability for cargo positions to turn out would be very helpful. I'm working on several apc/ifv's with openable hatches such as these AAV ports (then again fixing the tankX amphibious capablities would be helpful too lol) and some additions i'm contributing to another mod makers project.

With the ability to FFV, turning out would add alot of value to having these hatches on IFV's etc

Also I'm trying to get the feature to work on turned out tank commanders/loaders but so far I'm having some difficulties. Most definately due to my own lack of understanding of these functions so far rather than with the functions themselves. Is there a way to toggle between the PersonTurret and normal commander turret?

also what animation should be used? currently i have the ability to rotate the commander and fire weapons (crosshair does not follow movement so far though) but the animation is just that of the commander turned out rather than weapon raised etc. When i reload it shows the weapon etc interpolate then back to the turned out pose.

Is the crosshair position anything to do with the commanderturret? and if so will this prevent tank commanders or loaders from being able to use this feature correctly?

FFV in turned out turret is currently not supported. As for crosshair, please confirm which version are you running (crosshair bug was fixed very recently).

...really hoping for the best on to the ..."currently not supported.. " bit on that ....

Do you guys think we will see further implementation of FFV with Vanilla Arma 3 Helo's? For example, do you think there is a chance we could see maybe the Mohawk fixed to have a lower-able ramp, and a shooting position to the rear? Or maybe even the side door, or both?

Do you guys think we will see further implementation of FFV with Vanilla Arma 3 Helo's? For example, do you think there is a chance we could see maybe the Mohawk fixed to have a lower-able ramp, and a shooting position to the rear? Or maybe even the side door, or both?

The ramp animation is there, it's just that the collision geometry doesn't animate with it.

The ramp animation is there, it's just that the collision geometry doesn't animate with it.

True. But I'm more than certain there is a fix for it, as the helicopter is from TKOH, and it had the function before. They got the Huron working nicely with a ramp, so I guarantee they can do the same for the Mohawk. It would add a little more functionality to the game than just looks.

I've noticed with FFV that when an MH littlebird is placed in the editor it is crewed by 6 now instead of just the 2 pilots. Will there be an option to have a crewed version with just 2 again? It makes more sense to leave the benches empty for transport purposes.

It's still only crewed by the pilot and copilot for me.

It's still only crewed by the pilot and copilot for me.

You're right, disregard. It must have been a mod I was using.

little test on tank class vehicle

Such good feature that greatly improve urban survival ability for IFVs :D

little test on tank class vehicle

Such good feature that greatly improve urban survival ability for IFVs :D

What would be better is to be able to use all hatches from MRAPs and IFV, like in RL. And if you could turn in or out.... That would be excellent.

FFV in turned out turret is currently not supported.

I'll donate all my children to you guys if you make this happen.

I was actually hoping and for some reason even sure that this is gonna be a thing... *cries a bit*

I dont think its possible, I belive they define the fire from vehicles stuff as a certain type of cargo seat,... not gunner.

Then again, what if it can switch you to a invisible (doesnt show up in list) cargo seat when your turned out and select something like how VBS 2 does it , "select personal items" in vbs 2 will toggle your weapon on and off instead of turret, and then just have it switch back and forth between gunner and "invisible" cargo position...

I wonder if this would work. :confused:

In the worst of the cases BI could add it as an additional cargo-turret space. For instance in the "Hunter" ( MATV ), there could be a 5th position in the hatch.

Once someone gets in that position the hatch "opens", and you can shoot from it. And then you can always switch to another passanger seat ( as long as there are avaliable ones ) to get under cover again.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope it's not another half baked feature and if they're not going that extra mile, at least leave it "mod ready\friendly".

The only thing bothering me is we have to manualy enable it.

It should be available by default.

Waypoint is broken with FFV

Editor:

Put an AI group in an empty truck, set a WP, if they encounter enemy infantry on the way, the truck stops, the AI disembark (not the FFV AI and driver), eliminate the enemy, and stay near the truck, don't move and never reach the WP.

Waypoint is broken with FFV

Editor:

Put an AI group in an empty truck, set a WP, if they encounter enemy infantry on the way, the truck stops, the AI disembark (not the FFV AI and driver), eliminate the enemy, and stay near the truck, don't move and never reach the WP.

Yeah something weird happened to me too.

I used the command moveInCargo in Hunter vehicles ( without FFV ) and when I preview the mission some of the AI soldiers get out for no reason, some change positions in different cars and so on.

It would be good that the player could change the weapon fire mode and the selected grenade in the "normal" seats.

Currently we have to do it before getting into the vehicles, or after disembark. But with this we could prepare in the vehicle.