klamacz

Firing from Vehicles feedback

i believe it is an engine limitation. Try making some custom weapon holding animations that point your rifle towards your head and pull the trigger. The round goes straight through you without damaging you. As such, i assume the same is true for vehicles/ffv - you can't damage the vehicle or other passengers/crew.

=o

If BI does not allow fire on the own vehicle in FFV

They said earlier why it's not allowed:

Collision of bullets with the vehicle is just disabled, its actually more performance friendly than removing existing bullet after it hits the vehicle.

In the latest dev (not sure if happened before) turret direction of the player sitting in Offroad is independent from player direction with lowered weapon. Basically you can have weapon lowered and look left, then click LMB to bring weapon up and find yourself looking right instead. Pretty annoying tbh.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

I agree. I think the FFV view is limited, because if there are more units in the vehicle, you could accidentally kill them. It would be better if the FFV view would depend on the active turret count.

E.g: If you are alone in the back, you can shoot anywhere. If there are 2 unit, then the view is divided by half. Etc.

I agree. I think the FFV view is limited, because if there are more units in the vehicle, you could accidentally kill them. It would be better if the FFV view would depend on the active turret count.

E.g: If you are alone in the back, you can shoot anywhere. If there are 2 unit, then the view is divided by half. Etc.

too much hand holding. if a person should be able to point in a direction then they should. if they are dumb enough or uncoordinated enough to kill their own units well then fracticide is a thing and their team is disadvantaged.

too much hand holding. if a person should be able to point in a direction then they should. if they are dumb enough or uncoordinated enough to kill their own units well then fracticide is a thing and their team is disadvantaged.

You have to think about AI. If this was a strictly multiplayer game project, things would be much easier.

You have to think about AI. If this was a strictly multiplayer game project, things would be much easier.

The ability for ai to understand there is a friendly unit in the path of bullet is long due

The ability for ai to understand there is a friendly unit in the path of bullet is long due

Well currently they don't shoot friendlies who are in front of enemy, unless they're moving which could happen to human players also. (I don't know if they ignore friendly units on vehicles though.)

It would be better if the FFV view would depend on the active turret count.

I'm pretty certain that it worked this way on dev branch not too long ago with the civilian Truck.

I'm pretty certain that it worked this way on dev branch not too long ago with the civilian Truck.

Will check that soon. Thank you!

From today dev branch changelog :

"Added: Selected commanders have been trained to use their weapons and binoculars while turned out"

"Added: xH-9 family copilots have been trained to use their weapons and binoculars"

Another step forward for FFV, being able to use it in turned out position is awesome .

This is indeed the case, and is confirmed. I found this out during a Zeus test time, and it was cool. I don't think this feature still exists however, which is a disappointment. The plyers are limited to this matter, because the AI can't cope with shooting through each other and making it look hacky without this limitation.

"Added: Selected commanders have been trained to use their weapons and binoculars while turned out"

God Damn YES!!! Finally!

But not for drivers? rly? I can understand that it could be hacky while driving doing some other stuff, but while standing (not moving) the driver should be able to have his own "spectator zone" ( don´t know the real english word for it, we german call it "Beobachtungsbereich", a Direction or Zone the Driver, Gunner and Commander is looking at)

This is really needed, too!

But still thank you for this feature! Our Tank Commanders are very thankfull.

i'd say let the AI use the restricted system we have now and give the player more freedom then. there are many things that apply to the player but not the AI and vice versa.

Isn't the same like with every other vehicle? Arcs are limited to where weapon reaches object.(Example Rear seats: Huron walls)

On Kuma commander right angle ends on turret HMG, and on the left side at gunner metal hatch.If the gunner is in vehicle, arc tightens

on the right side to avoid friendly fire (as seen on FIA offroad for example)

If gunner hatch would be opened all the way down (leaned on the bonnet of tank) gunner could have wider arc on left.

Confirmed with kuma - quite a biggie -(can't log on to feedback tracker) AS Bonham says arcs for the turned in mainn weapons (cannon for gunner, RWS for commander now only seem to have the same arc as their turned out ability - ie the turret will not rotate 360)

Seems okay with slammer. The T-100 doesn't have FFV - we this eventually be implemented? Seems a little unfair to CSAT!

cheers

Edited by petek

Ahh you guys talk about HMG turret.

Someone testing dev branch goodies can confirm that pressing E and Q for turrning in and out doesn't work for a commander

and gunner (any position in vehicles with people with guns in hatches)

Ahh you guys talk about HMG turret.

Someone testing dev branch goodies can confirm that pressing E and Q for turrning in and out doesn't work for a commander

and gunner (any position in vehicles with people with guns in hatches)

Strangely the rotation limit only happens after you've turned out once. If you haven't turned out the rotatation for the main vehicle weapons is the full 360 degrees.

Enex for me Q and E worked for me as commander

Strangely the rotation limit only happens after you've turned out once. If you haven't turned out the rotatation for the main vehicle weapons is the full 360 degrees.

Enex for me Q and E worked for me as commander

Thanks, must be something with my keybinds then.

is there way to force old behaviour of FFV turrets? I've tried lodTurnedIn/Out & gunnerUsePilotView but it doesn't work. in 1.38 FFV used first resolution lod in internal view & now [1.40 RC & dev branch too] it's using cargo lod. Things like firing vehicles top hatches (or kind or riding on top of armour) are getting more complicated as cargo lods needs additional details inside, therefore it's easy to reach poly limit then :(

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/armabug.jpg

It would be great if we would be able to use our binoculars from crew gunner seat. Sometimes its hard to tell who are we engaging (well apart from those who are shooting at us already).

The biggest, most gamebreaking turnout bug still exists. The driver can't be turned out if the gunner and commander are buttoned up. This defeats the whole purpose of the driver having a hatch.