klamacz

Firing from Vehicles feedback

Reload gesture for the GM6 Lynx doesn't seem to work when in a vehicle firing position, but all other weapons have perfect reload gestures, including a bunch of community addons I've tried so far.

Other than that I must say I really like what you've done with it. From a technical standpoint I'm impressed that the little things like using weapon lights and IR lasers, changing attachments in your inventory, switching between rifles and pistols and raising and lowering your weapon still work when sat in a firing position (haven't tried binocular slot yet, does that work?), and that we can throw grenades and cyclumes and stuff.

Yes you can use bino's/ laser des while in a firing spot! It's amazing, I wonder if you could make it so an humvee gunner can switch to bino's and back to the m2/ mk19 though?

Hmm, I see. That's an issue for me in that AI previously used cargo quite nicely :

- stay in the vehicle if "AWARE", "SAFE" or "STEALTH" and get out if in "COMBAT"

Now they stay in the vehicle if in a cargo turret when the groups behaviour changes to "COMBAT".

This messes up a lot of things (as you quite rightly pointed out in your post which I skip read to my cost). Can we get a scripting command so that AI in cargo turrets get out if mission maker wants them to?

vehicle allowCargoGunners TRUE; // (AI stay in seats to fire)
vehicle allowCargoGunners FALSE; // (AI get out to engage as per old behaviour based on config entry "unloadincombat")

I could code round it but it would be a pain in the arse.

It is a little bit messy at the moment, but obviously it is not done and dusted yet. I hope for a wise solution myself, this addition is very cool, but it messed up vehicle cargo.

OK, while I really enjoy the feature I don't like the fact that soldiers in the back of an offroad are not able to aim and shoot over the roof of the offroad. That seriously limits the usability of the feature.

Maybe getting rid of fixed animated sitting positions and placing neutral crouching positions "attached" to the vehicle would work better? Soldiers would be able to shoot in all directions then.

Imagine If you could scroll down windows or open the doors of any car and shoot :)

Edited by danny96

OK, while I really enjoy the feature I don't like the fact that soldiers in the back of an offroad are not able to aim and shoot over the roof of the offroad. That seriously limits the usability of the feature.

Maybe getting rid of fixed animated sitting positions and placing neutral crouching positions "attached" to the vehicle would work better? Soldiers would be able to shoot in all directions then.

yup. agreed. also the fact that you can not aim downwards at all is a problem. no shooting of tires. and even hitting stuff when the car is slightly angled or someone goes prone is already a problem.

we already have people modding this. and so far the conclusion is that the animation mask for aiming is hardcoded. i really hope that is not the case since having rotation from the pelvis as the only possibility is severly limiting.

Its pretty good, better than most things I expect from BI, and it doesn't seem broken.

Anyway, I am used to using numpad keys, like 8, 6, 2, and 4 to look around in the back of vehicles, but this does not work when in these firing positions, and I see no real reason you shouldnt be able to, ie : you can use freelook so I assume this is a bug.

the air turbulence from the H9 at high speeds its VERY annoying

Yeah the air turulence becomes like so strong its un immsersive, they need to add sound of shit like sliding around or rattling to make it feel more justified, and also your guys view should rock around, just as hard is fine, but not spazz out like its crazy.

Yes you can use bino's/ laser des while in a firing spot! It's amazing, I wonder if you could make it so an humvee gunner can switch to bino's and back to the m2/ mk19 though?

I was even able to toss grenades from the lilbird, has to be one of best features to date that BIS has planned implimeanted truly remarkable. I remember back in ArmA1 days only dreaming of such a feature now here it is...very awsome BI!!

Does anybody else get the camera shake in cockpit it 1st an 3rd person view? Is that a bug? or above posts said turbulance?:yay::butbut:

I was even able to toss grenades from the lilbird, has to be one of best features to date that BIS has planned implimeanted truly remarkable. I remember back in ArmA1 days only dreaming of such a feature now here it is...very awsome BI!!

You´ve been missing out on the Camel, tossin nades since 2003 :bounce3:

Operation Flashpoint: BISCamel: BISGrenadeCamel

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Camel

You´ve been missing out on the Camel, tossin nades since 2003 :bounce3:

Hey I remember that in ArmA1 was some fun times in those Camels:bounce3:

Short gameplay test with ai I did earlier, in the bouncy heli ai seems happy to be able to defend themselvs now :D

Just happy to see this feature make it into the game!!! can only imagine some of the stuff the map makers going to come up with not to mention the modders using that. Is it possible to use that code from helis say to add seats to rear of apcs an ride into combat in style like in WW2? :D

Edited by Call_911

Slight adjusted stances would be sick, ducking in the back of offroad to getting 'up and over' the lip to fire on a chase vehicle.....Ok, thats next on my 10 year wish list

Slight adjusted stances would be sick, ducking in the back of offroad to getting 'up and over' the lip to fire on a chase vehicle.....Ok, thats next on my 10 year wish list

I wonder why is it such a problem to do. What technological obstacles are in the way of this. Wouldn't a simple "attaching" of soldiers to a predefined position on a vehicle cut it? There would be no need for fancy animations. The soldiers would be simply crouched.

I too would be really happy to see stance adjust. You could use it to do things like lean out of a window a bit (if the ability to shoot as passenger is added), or to sit up straighter to shoot lower from the bed of the offroad, or even to slouch lower in the offroad to cover yourself a bit better. I've made a ticket here on the topic.

While I'm at it, here are a few more tickets:

Muzzle smoke spawns offset

Crosshair offset

On wasteland with a friend now, and when he gets into the gunner seat, i see him as a standing player, with hnds down to his side, and gun on back hopping up and down, and it looks terribly buggy. On the second hand, he see's me the exact same way. Same for all vehicles in Multiplayer.

On wasteland with a friend now, and when he gets into the gunner seat, i see him as a standing player, with hnds down to his side, and gun on back hopping up and down, and it looks terribly buggy. On the second hand, he see's me the exact same way. Same for all vehicles in Multiplayer.

I tested it with a friend on a listen server earlier and didn't have any issues. I even had him firing from the back of a slingloaded offroad.

This may be a mod conflict that I've yet to resolve, but does anyone else encounter a problems with the movement of the MH-6? It seems to stutter and jump around making it impossible to aim. I'm not just talking about normal sway, it's jumping all over the place. If anyone remembers the Gcam mode from Arma 2 that's what it reminds me of following a moving vehicle.

problems with the movement of the MH-6? It seems to stutter and jump around making it impossible to aim.

Temporary bug caused by some tweaks of movement feedback in vehicles. Will be fixed. You can switch off the "camera shake" in difficulty settings for now for a simple "hotfix" (don't forget to switch it back on later;)).

This may be a mod conflict that I've yet to resolve, but does anyone else encounter a problems with the movement of the MH-6? It seems to stutter and jump around making it impossible to aim. I'm not just talking about normal sway, it's jumping all over the place. If anyone remembers the Gcam mode from Arma 2 that's what it reminds me of following a moving vehicle.

Well the first time we tried it with the MH-9 Hummingbird, and he was simply a standing figure that jumped from time to time, and... which subsequently broke the main rotor and sent us sliding down a hill in fear of exploding.

Temporary bug caused by some tweaks of movement feedback in vehicles. Will be fixed. You can switch off the "camera shake" in difficulty settings for now for a simple "hotfix" (don't forget to switch it back on later;)).

Awesome thanks.

Well the first time we tried it with the MH-9 Hummingbird, and he was simply a standing figure that jumped from time to time, and... which subsequently broke the main rotor

I think he meant the camera shake. What you're describing is a bug when the JIP player in a turret (active vehicle pos.) is not synced correctly. It was fixed (at least we hope so) by a major change in the order JIP messages are created 23-07-2014, rev. 126089. But afaict it can also be caused by data inconsistency. If you encounter the issue again or have any further info about how to reproduce it, please create a ticket on the Feedback Tracker and you can also let me know in a PM. Thanks a lot!

Hi, just tried the FFV, looks awesome but you are not able to command the vehicle as a group leader properly while in 1st person. The commanding cursor does not correspond with your current aiming while - for example - sitting on the side of hummingbird.

Great implementation!

How much work would it take to change fixed animations into Inversed Kinematics?

I would like to see a turn out option for the passenger seats of IFVs combined with FFV support.

The hatches do already exist:

WbEJtK2.jpg

Reference

: