.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

@ Kju

YUUUUUS

Yes I am so happy you are gonna integrate with SMD sahrani!!!! :yay:

Edit:

Been playing on latest pws version of AiA TP, played on Sahrani, still getting fall over bug :/

I would post on issue tracker but I cant be bothered to make an account on there and all that stuff sorry, but here are some bugs and stuff I ran across, hopefully you guys can forgive me for not making a ticket thing (whatever its called)

(Sahrani):

- Falling over bug when going too fast walking (guy just goes in prone, I thought you guys knew fix to this one since it was fixed on a3mp long before)

-Balcony overlook things have black texture on fence part

|pics:|

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312101591

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312101635 (also shows land texture glitching... :( )

- Slightly misplaced (too high, needs to be adjusted) fountain on some castle thing

|Pic| http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312102172 (Map Postion, In Ortego)

I made a screen of object before but it dissapeared sorry :(

- Collison on some smaller walls, you can walk right over them, the 2 or so feet high ones in the cities in Sahrani

The are shaped like П in actuality,

but collison box/mesh is shaped like :

/-\

so your legs go up on the "slant" that is not actually there, just part of the collision mesh, and you walk over it like a stair.... sorry if this doesnt make sense

Alright that is it, sorry for not posting on bug tracker.

Edited by MikeTim
Bugs list

@.kju [PvPscene]

I test right the latest version of the chernarus map and...

This is an excelent work.

Kudos for you man!

I found that the color settings in desert island - porto - are very cold for a desert area. There's a color modification for this enviroments? or will be the remain withs color settins?

;2771251']@ LSD_Timewarp82

SMD Sahrani will be integrate into AiA TP in the update after the release of today/tomorrow (aka in ~2 weeks).

Do you mean that you will make the map part of the AiA TP download or support it when downloaded separately?

@ Daantjeeuh

Out of my scope unfortunately - I am no modeler. :o

Cannot tell you if or when a contributor will look into it, as its a lot of work

adding physx lods to all the old objects, buildings and vegetation.

@ MikeTim

The potential falling over fix is found in the ticket - its not available in releases so far.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75033

As said before A1 building issues might get fixed by SMD Sahrani integration.

And again - distant textures for A1 terrains will be reverted to standard values.

We have to see if that helps or not.

@ djotacon

You are welcome :bounce3:

Unfortunately there is almost no docu on the new lighting system out even by now.. :confused:

Fabiano is trying to diggest it regardless with tedious testing.. :eek:

In any case even when aware doing the tweaking is again a very tedious and time demanding process..

So eventually the planned (more) terrain specific is lighting will come, but it will take time.

@ inexus

The first step is the integration of SMD objects, buildings and vegetation improvements in the next update.

SMD Sahrani itself is to be integrated in a separate update.

Forgive me, as I may not understand the update plan, but PwS updated me yesterday for the AiATP and now I'm having an issue loading it when NOT using PwS.

When loading without PwS (I happen to use Arma3Sync, but I don't think that matters) and my load order is CBA, then AiATP, then the maps, I get this (and the game won't start):

AiATPproblem_zpsa9180664.jpg

When I load with PwS, I just get the first error and then the game loads. It's possible this is already in work, but I've lost track with your versions, since it seems like the PwS versions sometimes lag the torrent versions (which I can't really get to, thanks to my ISP).

@ gatordev

Upload your arma3.rpt.

the water is supposed to look like the baltic sea.

as a marine biologist, would you say it looks plausible? :}

No, it really isn't supposed to look like that except during major algae blooms in the middle of the summer and even then it's a darker shade of green, not that kind of toxic green. :D

But seriously, is that super green water just me and if not, is anything being done about it? Pretty please? :3

Edited by JimiEZ

No, it really isn't supposed to look like that except during major algae blooms in the middle of the summer and even then it's a darker shade of green, not that kind of toxic green. :D

But seriously, is that super green water just me and if not, is anything being done about it? Pretty please? :3

well i was working from photo references, baltic sea appears to be predominantly fairly green, though what i didnt check was if that could account for the autum.

https://www.google.de/search?q=baltic+sea&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=dD4&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NIURVKvFNOvmywOUp4AQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=934#safe=off&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&q=baltic+sea+dive

http://finland.fi/public/download.aspx?ID=111801&GUID={14DFA381-1A72-4138-84F5-0ECAB5492EAD}&maxwidth=640&maxheight=600

12042_return-of-the-ghost-ship-06_qfzh4jyeg47qazfc4e357d3al3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x389.jpg

http://www.forces.gc.ca/assets/FORCES_Internet/images/operations-article/os-OpenSpiritUnderwater.jpg

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Boltenhagen-U-boat.jpg

eventually the tone changes accordingly to the depht of the water/camera but the shaders are not extremely sophisticated so the are limits in terms of realism/artistic quality.

nonetheless i might review the water settings at some point in the future.

the main intention was to replace the mediterranean water and create something more suitable and immersive for chernarus, i for one am satisfied with the general outcome, wich doesnt mean im not open for furth refinement/tweaks/suggestions etc

what id like to see for chernarus is a custom seafloor clutter in the first place, though that would require somebody who is willing and able to do the work and update the texture mask of the map. (read this as a public appeal of recruitment :))

6HCUzGGh.png

SVTwke8h.png

wMBI8Axh.png

816pHFNh.png?1

KhVrZgeh.png?1

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

Someone should make all Cherna buildings enterable, that's what Cherna really needs, otherwise is a map that's gonna die sooner than later. An SMD Chernarus maybe?

Someone should make all Cherna buildings enterable, that's what Cherna really needs, otherwise is a map that's gonna die sooner than later. An SMD Chernarus maybe?

While I'd like enterable buildings on Chernarus, I'd wager to say that 95% of Arma gameplay is in the open, so I sincerely strongly doubt that Chernarus will die any time soon, and if it does, it isn't going to be because of buildings :-)

While on the subject of Chernarus I've encountered a problem. Once I have loaded Chernarus in the editor or MP or any scenario, if the game tries to load another map I crash to desktop. Can anyone else verify this please? I'll check my rpt.

Edited by EddiePrice

I dont think Cherno or other maps need enterable buildings.

Why? Cause the AI is too dumb to enter buildings, even with AI mods sometimes the enemy simply is not able to make a step in the building.

well i was working from photo references, baltic sea appears to be predominantly fairly green, though what i didnt check was if that could account for the autum.

eventually the tone changes accordingly to the depht of the water/camera but the shaders are not extremely sophisticated so the are limits in terms of realism/artistic quality.

nonetheless i might review the water settings at some point in the future.

the main intention was to replace the mediterranean water and create something more suitable and immersive for chernarus, i for one am satisfied with the general outcome, wich doesnt mean im not open for furth refinement/tweaks/suggestions etc

what id like to see for chernarus is a custom seafloor clutter in the first place, though that would require somebody who is willing and able to do the work and update the texture mask of the map. (read this as a public appeal of recruitment :))

Most underwater pictures are taken under high powered scuba lamps which distort the colors quite a bit. It really, really isn't that green underwater in the Baltic Sea except under rather exceptional conditions and even then, it's closer to this to the naked eye rather than that toxic green hue. Also, the algae blooms that cause the green color occur only during summer months, rest of the year the water is much clearer / less green, in fact during winter months the water is usually crystal clear in most places. One last thing is that even during those crazy algae blooms, viewed from above the surface, the water still looks a lot more blue than it does in AiA currently. I really hope you retouch the colors a bit, because currently they just want to make me puke. :D

Here's a suggestion for the color, a screenshot taken in A2 which I then simply color corrected to have a bit more red, quite a bit more green and reduced blue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23998871/suggestion.jpg (117 kB)

Edited by JimiEZ

While on the subject of Chernarus I've encountered a problem. Once I have loaded Chernarus in the editor or MP or any scenario, if the game tries to load another map I crash to desktop. Can anyone else verify this please? I'll check my rpt.

you can avoid crashing to desktop by switching into the multiplayer menu before you change the map in the editor.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Most underwater pictures are taken under high powered scuba lamps which distort the colors quite a bit. It really, really isn't that green underwater in the Baltic Sea except under rather exceptional conditions and even then, it's closer to this to the naked eye rather than that toxic green hue. Also, the algae blooms that cause the green color occur only during summer months, rest of the year the water is much clearer / less green, in fact during winter months the water is usually crystal clear in most places. I really hope you retouch the colors a bit, because currently they just want to make me puke. :D

well, capture representative reference photopraphs in the baltic sea on october the 11th at 1m, 40m, 120m and 200m and i can make you a lifelike color sheme...

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

I dont think Cherno or other maps need enterable buildings.

Why? Cause the AI is too dumb to enter buildings, even with AI mods sometimes the enemy simply is not able to make a step in the building.

>implying: AI performance is the only relevant assumption.

i for one, couldnt care less about AI, for PVP its the more enterable buildings, the better.

well, capture representative reference photopraphs in the baltic sea on october the 11th at 1m, 40m, 120m and 200m and i can make you a lifelike color sheme...

Unfortunately I can't do that, but for example

demonstrates the water color in natural light pretty well. :P

Loving the active street lights, but having a little problem with 2 of them:

Land_lampa_sidl_2: http://i.imgur.com/15JOxpJ.jpg (on custom map)

Land_lampa_sidl_3: http://i.imgur.com/HumGxyv.jpg (placed on stratis)

Both have similar problems:

1. At some viewing angles you can see a glowing ball halfway up the light post.

2. It's only outputing light in a 180 arc (take a look at the pic from stratis, only the north half of the ground is lit)

I found a problem with the trees.

Theres a problem with LOD in the trees. They are showed in low quality even with high quality object set in the game menu.

This problem is more intense flying in some areas.

There's a bug inside the map or with three models?

I think the map have defined to low the lod of trees.

You can see the problem here:

2uid7p3.jpg

;2772646']@ gatordev

Upload your arma3.rpt.

I don't have a .rpt file to upload because the game never loads. I've deleted all the old .rpt files and then try to run the game as I've mentioned and after it gives me both error messages and quits, there's no .rpt file.

;2755266']========================

= Planned for future updates =

========================

Because I believe your ports will inevitably become a defacto standard for A2 terrains used in A3 I would like to ask you to give serious consideration to incorporating a 'low grass' modification for Chernarus' clutter. I mean of course something like the GDT mod; http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6628 (although I personally feel this particular mod goes a bit too far in terms of trimming the grass and reducing variety).

I think such a modification offers several advantages;

1. Better performance.

2. A more visually pleasing/authentic look.

3. Improved visibility when prone.

It has always been a weak point of A2 and Chernarus in particular that going prone affords you little protection from detection due to the limited clutter draw distance while at the same time making you effectively blind (by virtue of the fact you can't see over the damned grass). I think this change could ameliorate this issue slightly both by improving your vision at ground level and potentially even allowing the clutter to be drawn further (for the same performance).

Edited by Defunkt

Theres a problem with LOD in the trees. They are showed in low quality even with high quality object set in the game menu.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2uid7p3.jpg

are you by chance useing AiA TP Lite?

i might look into it in the future though the video also shows that for a real addaption the creation of authentic underwater space, it neccessary to create proper seafloor clutter as well.

in that context i hereby repeat my request for somebody willing and able to fix the clutter map of chernarus accordingly so that a new clutter can be applied exclusively to the seafloor. :)

Bystrica/Bukovina had terrible tree LODs even in Arma2, I don't think the problem is AiA.

That is shallow water. This video shows it a bit deeper:

i might look into it in the future though the video also shows that for a real addaption the creation of authentic underwater space, it neccessary to create proper seafloor clutter as well.

in that context i hereby repeat my request for somebody willing and able to fix the clutter map of chernarus accordingly so that a new clutter can be applied exclusively to the seafloor. :)

Presumably this would require filling in the sea areas in the terrain mask with a different colour? If so, do you know what colour value needs to be used?

you can avoid crashing to desktop by switching into the multiplayer menu before you change the map in the editor.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Sorry, my bad, but i didn't get your suggestion.

I have the same issue: when switching from a map to another sometimes i get a Ctd (usually this don't happen if i swith from saharani to stratis and the and then to takistan).

Do I have to save the mission as multiplayer?