kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Thanks for the update!

Just for information, an AI can still not use the Apache or the Viper to engage targets. You probably know it, I just hope it will get as it was before soon :)

Thanks!

Yes, I am also still getting AI issues with these helicopters. I don't think they did anything with the AI yet.

After the upgrade, an error has occurred:

No entry 'bin \ config.bin / CfgVehicles / Helicopter / Turrets / CopilotTurret.minElev'.

Can u post you modset?

Check if u have the original HAFM helos installed, if so, remove them.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Yes, I am also still getting AI issues with these helicopters. I don't think they did anything with the AI yet.

That's and Affirm, we just released this update for the weapon systems, I wanna get feedback on those items such as, guns, rockets, Hellfire launch modes and such.

After those elements are cleared out of errors and are confirmed to work 100%, we'll start digging into the AI.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

hi gerald,

thnx for the update, love to see the mods getting better an better.

but i have some wishes/ideas

apache ah64

the laser should be activatable by the "L"-key and not used like an extra weapon.

ace for arma 2 dit it perfect, for my opinion.

the laser should also be usable with the onboardweapons as following:

m230 and laser on = autozeroes the weapon

hellfire loal and laser on = give the rocket the target location

laser on should shown by a 45° rotated cross around the the center cross of the hud,

like the original tads hud dit it.

a very cool feature could be:

if the pilot had a own tads system, (only a laser is choosable),

and can give the ai gunner targets with his activated laser.

via mouseklick you should command the gunner to fire

what do you think? possible?

... and dont forget the gps guided hellfire!

Read the description in the first post. :p

About the gps guided hellfires, this has been discussed already, and there is no point making them work like that (in this mod).

The laser is working fine as they are right now.

About adding the PNVS for the pilot, don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Ai behavoiour won't be developed in extent, i will make them engage stuff normally.

Hope that covers all yer questions.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Thanks for the update! Just some stuff I found,

AH64 have missing shadow and the AH64 flight model still needs some tweeking.

BTW, If you want I made logo for you, feel free to use it - psd and paa included https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyqd079esblq3fw/AACfxf896ToUtdstEiNgRs_Fa

Yeap, that shadow has been very evasive.

About the FM, could you elaborate on what need to be tweaked? I'm open to suggestions, granted they have a solid background.

Thanks a lot for the logo, but i have already a friend on my community working on it. But it will definetely be there for consideration ;)

Just wondering, what are the class names for the helos if I want to add them to another mod for personal use?

Just wondering, what are the class names for the helos if I want to add them to another mod for personal use?

look in the config viewer in the mission editor :P

OR when going to place down the helos look at the top right before hitting ok, it would provide the classname

Hello! just my persnal curious, its possible to increase the crew slots for Uh-1 and venom?

After downloading the update im getting the message "Script hafm_arma2_helis\scripts\external\barron\setPitch.sqf not found".

The only choppers with any sound at all are the Apache and Blackhawk and the new desert skin for the Chinook is invisible.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

Can u post you modset?

Originals mods HAFM helos not available

<a  href=53b5f6b7452c.jpg' alt='53b5f6b7452c.jpg'

When you return to the last version there is no error

Can u post you modset?

Originals mods HAFM helos not available

When you return to the last version there is no error

Hafm air fix is incompatible with this mod

That's and Affirm, we just released this update for the weapon systems, I wanna get feedback on those items such as, guns, rockets, Hellfire launch modes and such.

After those elements are cleared out of errors and are confirmed to work 100%, we'll start digging into the AI.

Nice, I'm glad to hear that :) !

Edited by papy.rabbit.08

Checked. After removing "hafm_air_fix.pbo" the error remains

The problem is not solved

Can someone try this and confirm that this works on servers with signaturecheck on. Just cant get that key to work.

Infact the server doesnt even show in serverlist when i put this key on the server.

Maybe the problem errors due to mod - @ Helo_HMDs_Kimi_v1288

Maybe the problem of compatibility

Maybe the problem errors due to mod - @ Helo_HMDs_Kimi_v1288

Maybe the problem of compatibility

the HMDs mod doesn't conflict at all.

Hey Gerald since you were looking into the sound of the aircraft not sure if this would help but it gives an idea about the sounds of at least the marines side of things.

Hope that this helps if even in a small way.

Hey Gerald since you were looking into the sound of the aircraft not sure if this would help but it gives an idea about the sounds of at least the marines side of things.

Hope that this helps if even in a small way.

Awesome video. I especially enjoyed the outro :p

Any chance you would consider working on overhauling the gunner controls for gunships? Especially for trackir users it's pretty poor. The gun's controls are connected to the view, which means moving the gun moves your view. Which is disorienting and clumsy feeling when using trackIR. I'd be happy with the view when using trackIR being totally decoupled from the gun, but I think we'd all be ecstatic if you could get the gun slaved to the "helmet" with trackIR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwNsmZo5u7M

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Thats our wish aswel. We just dont think we can do it or at all possible.

If you have an example of a mod where it is done the wsy you describe, tell us please.

Hey there kimi!

So a few of the pilots around the 15th came up with a few suggestions; I don't know if I am repeating any requests/concerns as this thread is huge and well.. its 0838 atm.

FYI: We are currently a build behind as we make sure mods won't conflict or have any major bugs that would ruin our experience though I believe this week we are updating to the latest build so if anything of this is in the new build sorry.

1. Co-pilots to be able to see RWR warnings (aka missile lock and missiles) (Had a senior officer confused on why the pilot was flaring and flying crazy )

2. Co-pilots to be able to use flares

3. "The one thing I'd be super excited to see is if the LOAL launch modes were actually lock on after launch, as in you could fire the missile and it would automatically acquire a laser in flight, whether it be the JTAC's laser, another aircraft's laser, or a self lase." aka you don't have to hit T to lock onto stuff

4. Bug: Copilots/gunners in the huey/cobra (unknown if this happens in the other vehicles) that are in 3rd person camera locks to the persons view (aka they're turned to where the pilot is looking while its a fun game of see how sick a person gets by spinning your head around some people like the freedom of seeing around)

We will look at point 1 and 2.

On point 3:

Dont expect to much changes to the missile system as it is. You can select the laser way before you fire. The missile will still track the location of the laser even without the diamond.

One mis interpetation of the LOAL mode is that it would be to fire from behind cover. It really is NOT the case for laser guided missiles. I was mistakenly thinking thatwhen I made my demo video. Im going through a program at this moment where we get informed on AH64 operations and its weapons. For the sake of more understanding during joint ops.

The only reason of the different profiles is to make top down attacks on armor while keeping the missile within any altitude restriction you may have. The missile will fly a shallow arc until it sees the laser with it's LOS. It THEN will fly it's attack profile. Hence you need to program the missile to the appropriate range in LOAL mode. In LOBL mode it will fly it's profile right when it leaves the rail. So...you will need Line of sight ANYWAY when firing.

So, for Arma, you just lock up the laser far before you attack. Immagine this as setting laser codes. The laser should then be slewed on target and yhe misdile will do the rest.

In that sence I will change the order of things that happen in the attack profile script.

The Lima hellfire though, is radar guided. So it will receive data from the longbow. And as it leaves the rail starts it's attack profile. THIS can allready be done the way it is in arma.

Shadow is working on a new RWCO. Trust me...its going to be AWESOME. And rock our panties right off.

Not sure what you mean in 4.

4. Bug: Copilots/gunners in the huey/cobra (unknown if this happens in the other vehicles) that are in 3rd person camera locks to the persons view (aka they're turned to where the pilot is looking while its a fun game of see how sick a person gets by spinning your head around some people like the freedom of seeing around)

Yup let me type this again since I'm awake now

When in 3rd person mode and not in the pilot seat co-pilots and even the gunners in a huey gun slots their cameras are locked to the pilots camera. If I look right the copilot in 3rd person is forced to look right (unknown if hitting alt and mouselooking works)

Also for your case of mentioning that the missile tracking the laser without the dimond does not happen. Did a mission where I was having lock on problems and the missile just went straight out not hitting crap.

The head of the gunner is basically a 'turret' and as far as I know there is no other way to do it. Isn't this the case in the Blackfoot aswell?

Yup let me type this again since I'm awake now

When in 3rd person mode and not in the pilot seat co-pilots and even the gunners in a huey gun slots their cameras are locked to the pilots camera. If I look right the copilot in 3rd person is forced to look right (unknown if hitting alt and mouselooking works)

Also for your case of mentioning that the missile tracking the laser without the dimond does not happen. Did a mission where I was having lock on problems and the missile just went straight out not hitting crap.

You were using the OLD version, i think it was 1.0.1, were it didn't have the launch modes. In the current v1.2 it works. It may be a case of hitting T or TAB or R, depending on your lock on key bindings.

As for the cameras, not really sure if i understand what u mean. If it is that the gunners head is fixed on the ground then yeah, that's when your turret is ground stabilized (zoomed in, chekc for symbology change in turret view). To be able to fire the gun with your mouse without using the turret, it MUST be in the zoomed out position.

Hi, we got problem with this mod after last Arma update.

When we spawn any heli from this mod, all players have desynch.

Everythig is okay when we delete heli from map.

RPT spam:

Error in expression <getDir _veh; waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};_veh setVariable [_set,0,true]; s>

Error position: <_veh}; _veh setVariable [_set,0,true]; s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

On point 3:

Dont expect to much changes to the missile system as it is. You can select the laser way before you fire. The missile will still track the location of the laser even without the diamond.

One mis interpetation of the LOAL mode is that it would be to fire from behind cover. It really is NOT the case for laser guided missiles. I was mistakenly thinking thatwhen I made my demo video. Im going through a program at this moment where we get informed on AH64 operations and its weapons. For the sake of more understanding during joint ops.

The only reason of the different profiles is to make top down attacks on armor while keeping the missile within any altitude restriction you may have. The missile will fly a shallow arc until it sees the laser with it's LOS. It THEN will fly it's attack profile. Hence you need to program the missile to the appropriate range in LOAL mode. In LOBL mode it will fly it's profile right when it leaves the rail. So...you will need Line of sight ANYWAY when firing.

Your basic understanding of LOAL is correct, it's for keeping it within an altitude restriction, but it also can extend the range of the missile. However, the bolded part is incorrect. You don't enter in a range. Putting the missile in LOAL (and it's various sub-modes of HI, LO, or DIR) tells the missile when to look down and is what determines its arc. It looks down on its own, regardless of laser energy or range to target.

So, for Arma, you just lock up the laser far before you attack. Immagine this as setting laser codes. The laser should then be slewed on target and yhe misdile will do the rest.

In that sence I will change the order of things that happen in the attack profile script.

I understand you guys have to operate within the limits of the game, but for informational purposes... When shooting a laser HF in LOAL mode, you do NOT have the designator energized. No energy is leaving the aircraft when you fire the missile. You turn on the laser after a predetermined amount of seconds (based on range), which corresponds to the time when the missile is starting to look down.

That may be too complicated for A3, but just clarifying.