kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Would anybody have Israeli Apache and Iranian Cobra textures?

Dear Modmakers, thank you for improving the basic US Helos. My group recently started our new campaign in goold 'ole Takistan and had the Kickoff-Event last Tuesday. Unfortunately although we thought we had tested the misison & mods thoroughly, it seems we ran into a snag with the Chinook.

The task for our logistics troop was to load several boxes of ammunition and explosives into the Chinook (Desert) to bring these supplies to the FOB. As I pilot I thought I'd improve their game experience and bring the big brown bird closer to the hanger. Alas the dust settled (Engine off) and the loading began (CSE Logistics). All went well until there was a huge explosion and the Chinook as well as several people (including me) were destroyed by the blast. Luckily our medical team was brave enough to evac us and revive us at a nearby medical truck. What a start! Unfortunately we lost our air transport capabilities. Luckily our recon team located a Mohawk that was left behind on the airfield.

Puzzled by what happened we did some testing under the same conditions. Takistan, ALive, CSE and US Helos. During the test runs the only thing that happened repeatedly and could not be explained was that randomly and without visual reason the explosive NATO ammo boxes - when located too close to the Chinook eventually started to burn and be self-incinerated themselves. Probably this is what caused the explosion in our mission as well, as initial damage is not visible right away and the boxes were loaded into the Chinook.

Do you have any idea if there is some kind of collision model for the Chinook (desert) that extends far out of what one would expect by the visual representation? What could have caused this issue?

Yup propbably some collision model. Better use a different Chinook. Like the one from CAF.

I'm having an issue with hints being instantly removed from the screen, but apparently it's only when I'm flying the UH60M_MEV. I use a lot of mods so I can't say for certain that this is the cause, but I don't have the issue in any other helicopters (thus far). Maybe it's some kind of issue with the built in medical functions of the MEV?

That may explain the spontaneously detonating chinook I experienced in testing too after I placed it moderately near another helo in the editor. It exploded maybe 20 seconds into the preview.

That may explain the spontaneously detonating chinook I experienced in testing too after I placed it moderately near another helo in the editor. It exploded maybe 20 seconds into the preview.

How close was it? Closer than 5m?

Dear Modmakers, thank you for improving the basic US Helos. My group recently started our new campaign in goold 'ole Takistan and had the Kickoff-Event last Tuesday. Unfortunately although we thought we had tested the misison & mods thoroughly, it seems we ran into a snag with the Chinook.

If you are usign the CSE Logistics, you have to be very careful when carryng a box. If you hit a vehicle or a person with it, you can destroy them.

It was about 5 meters away from edge of rotor disk to rotor disk.

Edited by Machineabuse
holy god where did all those abouts come from

Very great mod, being the pilot in my unit I have convinced them to let me use this mod. However we seem to be having issues I am seeing other people are having. It appears the damage models on the aircraft seem to pick up anything inside that rotor range. A lot of the time I will be in say for example the Viper, and land somewhere in a field then the main rotor will just stop, like something ran into my rotors but nothing did. That is happening with all the helicopters. Also, I am having an issue with the Apache, targeting your own laser is very hit and miss where as the viper is instant and all the time. The LOBL and LOAL is perfect by the way. Another issue we are having is players are getting stuck inside the heli when they dismount, so to them they are out moving around but other people see them still in the pilot seat or any seat for that matter. They will be invisible and is very annoying when you land a helicopter in a field and dismount, and when an ai runs past the heli they still see you in there and will kill you. And the last issue is there is no copilot seat for the Chinook. Great overhaul and hope to see these issues fixed.

Thanks,

OV3RJ0RD

Another issue we are having is players are getting stuck inside the heli when they dismount, so to them they are out moving around but other people see them still in the pilot seat or any seat for that matter. They will be invisible and is very annoying when you land a helicopter in a field and dismount, and when an ai runs past the heli they still see you in there and will kill you.
sounds more like a sync issue, due to a slow server or network connection. How long does this discrepancy stay this way until it both realities flow together again, just a few seconds or for the whole mission? Did you run into similar issues in the same mission with other vehicles, i.e. vanilla Hunters, Ifrits or similar?

Fixed, Deleted Post.

Hahah ok, i read the "unedited" version. How did u fix it?

Hahah ok, i read the "unedited" version. How did u fix it?

Well less of a fix more of a compromise, You see I do not think you can fix it yourself I think its on the other mods hands to fix. There is another person working on the HAFM UK Wheeled mod (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182667-HAFM-UK-wheeled-vehicle-import-Grace-edit) I have notified him with the issue. And I do not know if he will change it or not. You could try to rename the M240's to M240Huey or something. That would fix this mod but other mods I have like a chinook port will still have the issue. This is the other mod its affecting (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25951). To simplify things its best for the source to change it I think not all of the ones affected. But, your choice now because your the only one really working on HAFM US Heli's.

If you wish to duplicate the problem run this mod with (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182667-HAFM-UK-wheeled-vehicle-import-Grace-edit)

Ahh, I am so bad at this sorry its 3 am. To properly answer your question I stopped using HAFM UK wheeled mod so the M240's would not over right each other.

Edited by BagPiperGuy

Why is it when you play with the AI that if you take control as the gunner or when you use player switch from pilot to gunner. The AI pilot automatically starts to descend the chopper making it hard to engage targets because the AI pilots goes so low that terrian will block your view. Is there any mod that allows more control over the AI pilot?

Lol just thought of this but dose anyone know wtf the things are on the sides of the UH-60 MEV, there like torpedo's but they don't work. And are they filled with medicine and not explosives? :P Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have to know.

Lol just thought of this but dose anyone know wtf the things are on the sides of the UH-60 MEV, there like torpedo's but they don't work. And are they filled with medicine and not explosives? :P Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have to know.

If I'm not mistaken they are fuel tanks.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Why is it when you play with the AI that if you take control as the gunner or when you use player switch from pilot to gunner. The AI pilot automatically starts to descend the chopper making it hard to engage targets because the AI pilots goes so low that terrian will block your view. Is there any mod that allows more control over the AI pilot?

The descent problem is somehting that happens with every chopper AFAIK.

AI isn't my main concern on this choppers :p.

Currently I'm busy with the HMD mod for MANW, and that mod will have effect on this choppers in the future ;)

Having an issue with choosing a rate of fire with rockets using the "change weapon" key but its not working. Any advice? Other than that great mod!

Having an issue with choosing a rate of fire with rockets using the "change weapon" key but its not working. Any advice? Other than that great mod!

Please elaborate the issue, post your modset or something.

By the looks of it you might be conflicting with the old version of the helos.

I got bikey fault, bisign is corrupted, tried download twice and also try to resign pbo; think there's something wrong with tool used to compress pbo

U can repack it with your own key if u know how.

Tried with eliteness but bisign works but heli are invisible..

This may not be the right place but it is specific to THIS mod. I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have about a dozen mods installed and they all work & show up in the expansion list. But this mod, I cannot get to show up in the expansion list, get any of the helicopters to show up in the editor to place, or get the vehicles to show up on the helipad for the vehicle specific CAS missions available on the workshop. Can somebody please help me figure out what I'am doing wrong ? Sorry again if this is in the wrong place. Here are a few pictures of how I have the mod placed & my startup line:

CIpeZo.jpg

2r36V3.jpg

Anything look "off" ?? I'm dying to play this, its one of the coolest looking mods I ever seen.

Edit: For some reason it just randomely showed up in my expansion list, but the enable/disable & move up/down are grayed out and the vehicles are still not showing up in the editor.

Edited by hitmanactual11

@hitmanactual11 i would suggest downloading either Arma 3 launcher or Arma 3 Sync. i have so much more trouble trying to do it the way your are.

Tried with eliteness but bisign works but heli are invisible..

create ur own bikey, then use the current addon builder to repack the mod using your key. there are a few mods out there that don't work with the key provided for whatever reason and I have fixed them all this way. I can show u step by step if u really need but it might be a few days till I can