kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Hi, we got problem with this mod after last Arma update.

When we spawn any heli from this mod, all players have desynch.

Everythig is okay when we delete heli from map.

RPT spam:

Error in expression <getDir _veh; waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};_veh setVariable [_set,0,true]; s>

Error position: <_veh}; _veh setVariable [_set,0,true]; s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

Anby other addons you were using?

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

1. Co-pilots to be able to see RWR warnings (aka missile lock and missiles) (Had a senior officer confused on why the pilot was flaring and flying crazy )

2. Co-pilots to be able to use flares

The MWR is already implemented in the gunner seat, the only problem is that there's no audible warning, engine limitation.

I tried to get the gunner some flares, again, engine limitation. I will look a bit further into it.

Anby other addons you were using?

mods:

RH m4, sthud, vts rest. weap., dar hmmwv, tfa gear, mcc, magrepack, tactical vision and many many more :/

Before arma update everything was allright :(

mods:

RH m4, sthud, vts rest. weap., dar hmmwv, tfa gear, mcc, magrepack, tactical vision and many many more :/

Before arma update everything was allright :(

I need the full list!

I need the full list!

DAR_HMMWV

hafm_arma2_helis

mcc_sandbox_mod

rh_m4

tfa_gear

101_editor

at_opticscleaner3

bhc_map_contour

bzly_UIperidots

lsd_nvg

mao_anims_sway_fix

outlw_magRepack

st_stamina_bar

TacticalVision

sthud

VTS_Weaponresting

CBA

Your basic understanding of LOAL is correct, it's for keeping it within an altitude restriction, but it also can extend the range of the missile. However, the bolded part is incorrect. You don't enter in a range. Putting the missile in LOAL (and it's various sub-modes of HI, LO, or DIR) tells the missile when to look down and is what determines its arc. It looks down on its own, regardless of laser energy or range to target.

Will double check it. The way I put it was how my colleague explained litterally. He's a veteran weapons instructor on the Apache.

I understand you guys have to operate within the limits of the game, but for informational purposes... When shooting a laser HF in LOAL mode, you do NOT have the designator energized. No energy is leaving the aircraft when you fire the missile. You turn on the laser after a predetermined amount of seconds (based on range), which corresponds to the time when the missile is starting to look down.

That may be too complicated for A3, but just clarifying.

We know. Cant be done at this moment.

Shadow is working on a proper laser designation system.

Will double check it. The way I put it was how my colleague explained litterally. He's a veteran weapons instructor on the Apache.

I'm thinking something may have been lost in the translation. Unless the Apache has some crazy new way to communicate with a Hellfire (probably not), the only "range" info inputted is the sub-mode of LOAL (again, LO, HI, or DIR) and that's more about pitch over (which affects the max range). I'm thinking that's what he meant when he told you about "inputting the range."

We know. Cant be done at this moment.

Shadow is working on a proper laser designation system.

Completely understand. Just putting it out there. What you guys have now is already a huge improvement over vanilla, so thanks!

I'm having desynch also, try to find what is making this

i highly asumed that it is happen by bhc_map_contour.

Is there any way of putting your HUD mod for vanilla helos into this mod? That hud is very helpful.

Working on a realistic Apache HUD. (Or IHADSS really)

At this moment experimenting with making every helicopter a sepperate PBO.

Little info for all of you:

- We got rid of a LOT of errors

- Improving the Apache IHADSS

- Improving the Apache's sensor system

- Improving the Hellfire modes

- Trying to integrate Rotorlib

Thanks you so much to update constantly in this short time with great effort.

Hi there,

first let me thank you Gerald on the behalf of my flying mates for your work, it's immensely appreciated.

Then, I would like to bring your attention onto a think or two I noticed lurking around in the config.

Line 10 691, you have a weapon declared without quote marks, Arma doesn't seems to care but, well, it maybe does matter somewhere, sometime, who know.

My suggestion would be that:

weapons[] = {M197, "HellfireLauncherK", "HellfireLauncherN","Laserdesignator_mounted", "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"};

should be:

weapons[] = {"M197", "HellfireLauncherK", "HellfireLauncherN","Laserdesignator_mounted", "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"};

Talking about M197, to counter a serious feeding jam issue, a link less feed system developed by Meggit Defense Systems was incorporated into the AH-1Z in 2011. The system is capable of holding 650 +/-3 rounds in the storage unit with approximately 40 rounds in the feed chute. (No better source than Wikipedia though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M197_electric_cannon

-> My suggestion would be to reduce the magazine capacity from 750 to 690.

As for its dispersion, General Dynamics advertise 8 milliradians

http://www.gdatp.com/factsheets/A017_M-197.pdf

-> My suggestion would be to increase its dispersion from dispersion=0.005; to dispersion=0.008;

Now for the rockets, its FFARLauncher actually is, at most, a LAU-61D/A wich can carry 19 rockets, not 28.

Bell helicopter AH-1Z Pocket Guide:

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/iceman/AH1Z_PG_04_web.pdf

-> My suggestion would be to create a 19Rnd_FFAR and equip the Viper with it.

Please note that the same source also quote a "Field of Regard" of + 120° in Azimuth and +45°/-120° in Elevation for the Target Sighting System (the nose optronic gimbal) but I'm unsure which Turret it is in the config.

As for the gun turret, A/A49E-7(V4), one source says "It can pivot 90 degrees to the left or right, to a maximum elevation of 11 degrees, and to a maximum depression of 50 degrees." while another source says "can be tracked 110° to each side, 18° upward, and 50° downward" (refering to

http://sl.theomegaconcern.com/manuals/34-ocs/169-ah-1z-viper-attack-helicopter-user-manual

Jane's All the World's Aircraft, 2004-2005 quoted on http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/bell_supercobra.php

Hope it helps a bit.

KUTGW Gerald!

@kawa: what are you talking about the hydra pods? on the Viper there are 2 pods and each pod has 19 rockets.

Kasrkin, my mistake, I saw "38Rnd_FFAR" and have misread it.

At this moment the Apache is becomming a seperate mod from this pack. And will focus more on that.

My goal is to make an MP stable Apache within the constraind of Arma. And more importantly, within the limits of my modding skills.

Anyone who could help integrating Rotorlib...PLEASE help!

Hi there,

first let me thank you Gerald on the behalf of my flying mates for your work, it's immensely appreciated.

Then, I would like to bring your attention onto a think or two I noticed lurking around in the config.

Line 10 691, you have a weapon declared without quote marks, Arma doesn't seems to care but, well, it maybe does matter somewhere, sometime, who know.

My suggestion would be that:

weapons[] = {M197, "HellfireLauncherK", "HellfireLauncherN","Laserdesignator_mounted", "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"};

should be:

weapons[] = {"M197", "HellfireLauncherK", "HellfireLauncherN","Laserdesignator_mounted", "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"};

Talking about M197, to counter a serious feeding jam issue, a link less feed system developed by Meggit Defense Systems was incorporated into the AH-1Z in 2011. The system is capable of holding 650 +/-3 rounds in the storage unit with approximately 40 rounds in the feed chute. (No better source than Wikipedia though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M197_electric_cannon

-> My suggestion would be to reduce the magazine capacity from 750 to 690.

As for its dispersion, General Dynamics advertise 8 milliradians

http://www.gdatp.com/factsheets/A017_M-197.pdf

-> My suggestion would be to increase its dispersion from dispersion=0.005; to dispersion=0.008;

Now for the rockets, its FFARLauncher actually is, at most, a LAU-61D/A wich can carry 19 rockets, not 28.

Bell helicopter AH-1Z Pocket Guide:

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/iceman/AH1Z_PG_04_web.pdf

-> My suggestion would be to create a 19Rnd_FFAR and equip the Viper with it.

Please note that the same source also quote a "Field of Regard" of + 120° in Azimuth and +45°/-120° in Elevation for the Target Sighting System (the nose optronic gimbal) but I'm unsure which Turret it is in the config.

As for the gun turret, A/A49E-7(V4), one source says "It can pivot 90 degrees to the left or right, to a maximum elevation of 11 degrees, and to a maximum depression of 50 degrees." while another source says "can be tracked 110° to each side, 18° upward, and 50° downward" (refering to

http://sl.theomegaconcern.com/manuals/34-ocs/169-ah-1z-viper-attack-helicopter-user-manual

Jane's All the World's Aircraft, 2004-2005 quoted on http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/bell_supercobra.php

Hope it helps a bit.

KUTGW Gerald!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Now about the stuff:

- I'll revise the dispersion.

- In the arma Universe the Turrets work different as their real life counterparts, in terms of angles, the gun and the target sighting system are parallel, so they cant have different angles.

- As noted before, the rockets are correctly represented.

You only get what you deserve Gerald. ;)

As for the Apache's M230, Alliant Techsystems Inc. advertise a dispersion of 80% within 3 mrad diameter (while an earlier publication* quote a "<2 mil", 1.963 mrad, figure.).

I would thus suggest to reduce its dispersion from dispersion=0.005; to dispersion=0.003;

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2012armaments/Tuesday14031mcconkie.pdf

*http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2003gun/lam.pdf

Thank you for the figures.

You do know that advertised statistics usually are in rare optimal conditions?

As where the maverick (agm65d) is supposed to be able to lock and hit targets from 10 nautical miles...I never got one off the rail any sooner than 7 miles. Just to as an example.

Please educate me with better sources then Neptune. :)

What are these under in the editor, I am using the Normal Build, Non Dev. I cannot seem to find them at all?

What are these under in the editor, I am using the Normal Build, Non Dev. I cannot seem to find them at all?

NATO faction, Air

This mod is fantastic :) I'm having a blast salvoing Hellfires from 4km with a friend as Copilot, and just ruining armored groups before they can scatter!

Only request would be more loadout choices, but I'm not sure exactly how much tweaking that'd take or if it'd require new models, etc. Other than that, this is one of my current favorite mods and I've enjoyed it thoroughly! :)

We're trying to make a way to change the weapons in game. So you can choose 3 hellfire types and 3 types of rockets. (And have a mix of everything aswell.

- Trying to integrate Rotorlib

this will be much appreciated! it'll make those a must have. i already am having a lot of fun with them on takistan. old memories... :D