kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thanks for the release kimi,

but i have to disappoint you. there must be another error within this mod. my linux server still freezes. if i could i would specify the error though the linux logs for a3 server do not give me any error message at all ... just stopping right befor complete initialization.

perhaps some other serveradmins could help out?

Edited by mindbl4ster

@mindbl4ster what other addons are you loading it up with? I know for a fact that a lot of things are broken since Bootcamp

ok, now i feel really stupid. could have checked that before :(

had a typo in the startupstring ... sometimes i miss an autocorrectfunction for arma.

now everything is working like a charm exept one thing ... the ah64 gunship rotors are spinning in the wrong direction ;)

thanks anyway for your support!

ok, now i feel really stupid. could have checked that before :(

had a typo in the startupstring ... sometimes i miss an autocorrectfunction for arma.

now everything is working like a charm exept one thing ... the ah64 gunship rotors are spinning in the wrong direction ;)

thanks anyway for your support!

LOL!!! you had me worried dude! I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

About the rotors, that's an easy fix, thanks for reporting :)

Hey Geraldbolso!

Great work with the corrections on the mod, one question though. Is it possible to alter the sound, so that it comes on a little earlier. Noticed today when the chopper was spooling, that I could go up into the ait, but the sound was playing the start-up engine sound. It seems to be just a matter of timing between the rotors going at full speed, and the start sound actually starting.

Awesome job I really cannot sing your praises enough on the ground stabilized gun cam. Your a genius!! Not sure if this has been answered yet but will you be releasing the script for this to the community? Just a thought so that we can add it to all vehicles that we can? I am looking mainly at the ground and other air addons that could really benefit from it I.e. The f-18f and maybe the assault boat. Thanks in advance for the reply and thanks again for the great work

I've been playing around with this mod and enjoying every minute of it. I didn't realize just how much I missed my sexy sexy Blackhawks.

How would I go about moving them from the NATO faction into my USMC faction? I just picked up ALiVE, and I'm still a little unclear as to how, but I want my bases to populate with these heli's rather than vanilla. Still a complete novice, but I assume it will be easier if it's done that way?

You would have to open up the .pbo and unwrap the config to adjust the values within to match your USMC faction so that the birds would be associated with the USMC family of units. It would be easier to place the empty birds where the military bases are and just link them to the profile module of ALiVE after setting it to profile linked items, in the editor. You could drop them as empty or crewed units, much easier than trying to adjust config values to make ALiVE pick them up.

The flight models/physx were the first things I attacked when I decided to carry on witht the helos. I also fixed the "ice-skating" problem, well, physx did it :p

<3 <3 <3 <3

hi gerald,

love your mod, thnx for your time doin this for us.

if you need something new to do, i got some ideas / found some bugs:

1. idea

maybe, you can add a gps guided function to the AGM 114L

like the ace mod for arma 2 did it?

as i know the hellfire attack range is up to 8 km, i would be cool

to set a target via gps coordinates, either by clicking on the map

or by reseve coordinates by an team member.

2. bug and/or idea

if im an gunner in your apache, i cant move/turn my head, i only can look straight or

use freelook.

in vanilla arma 3 and with the commanche, the gun follows my view and i can

shoot outside the targeting system.

maybe you can add/fix this for the apache?

and if possible give the pilot (in manual fire mode) the same option with the m230.

(slave gun mode)

3. idea

the hellfires needs high-, low- and direct-attack modes.

f for changing weapons

ctrl + f for changing mode

4. bug (maybe)

the zeroing of long ranges with the m230 is much better with laser on and receiving the activated target symbol.

without that the gun doesn't shoot to its maximum effective range of 1.500 m (max firing range = 4500 m) and

to the point i like to shoot (longer ranges).

thats it for now.

thnx and cheers

Hey Geraldbolso!

Great work with the corrections on the mod, one question though. Is it possible to alter the sound, so that it comes on a little earlier. Noticed today when the chopper was spooling, that I could go up into the ait, but the sound was playing the start-up engine sound. It seems to be just a matter of timing between the rotors going at full speed, and the start sound actually starting.

I've noticed that too, gonna fix it for next update. Though here's a SPOILER: I've replaced the arma 2 sounds that came with the pack with JSRS sounds, right now I'm adjusting the sound levels but it might take a while.

Thanks for reporting.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Awesome job I really cannot sing your praises enough on the ground stabilized gun cam. Your a genius!! Not sure if this has been answered yet but will you be releasing the script for this to the community? Just a thought so that we can add it to all vehicles that we can? I am looking mainly at the ground and other air addons that could really benefit from it I.e. The f-18f and maybe the assault boat. Thanks in advance for the reply and thanks again for the great work

It's a simple line in the config of the turret, I don't remember it right now since I'm not a my home PC, but once I'll get back I'll post it.

John Spartan & Saul's F/A-18F has a turret already with this feature. For single seater aircraft I recommen this script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179309-Release-Script-TGP-Targeting-Pod-for-Air-Vehicles

It's a Targeting pod for air vehicles, and since it's derived from a Darter UAV being attached to the fuselage/wing, it inherits the ability to not only ground stabilize, but to lock the camera onto objects/vehicles and such. Lala14 is currently working in the development of the script and all it's functionalities.

So for the boats that's a very good idea. Shouldn't be difficult to make it an addon, and it can be clientside even...

I've noticed that too, gonna fix it for next update. Though here's a SPOILER: I've replaced the arma 2 sounds that came with the pack with JSRS sounds, right now I'm adjusting the sound levels but it might take a while.

Thanks for reporting.

Awesome!

Looking forward to hearing the result. Also nice work on the HMD :-)

hi gerald,

love your mod, thnx for your time doin this for us.

if you need something new to do, i got some ideas / found some bugs:

1. idea

maybe, you can add a gps guided function to the AGM 114L

like the ace mod for arma 2 did it?

as i know the hellfire attack range is up to 8 km, i would be cool

to set a target via gps coordinates, either by clicking on the map

or by reseve coordinates by an team member.

2. bug and/or idea

if im an gunner in your apache, i cant move/turn my head, i only can look straight or

use freelook.

in vanilla arma 3 and with the commanche, the gun follows my view and i can

shoot outside the targeting system.

maybe you can add/fix this for the apache?

and if possible give the pilot (in manual fire mode) the same option with the m230.

(slave gun mode)

3. idea

the hellfires needs high-, low- and direct-attack modes.

f for changing weapons

ctrl + f for changing mode

4. bug (maybe)

the zeroing of long ranges with the m230 is much better with laser on and receiving the activated target symbol.

without that the gun doesn't shoot to its maximum effective range of 1.500 m (max firing range = 4500 m) and

to the point i like to shoot (longer ranges).

thats it for now.

thnx and cheers

Thanks for the words, I'm glad u like it.

As for the reports:

1- I'll look into this, I know they are Radar guided coupled with an Inertial navigation system but how they actually work is quite misleading. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the inertial guidance kit activates if the is no LOS from the longbow radar onto it. I need to do some research. But it's a very good idea.

2- I've already fixed that thanks to Watarimono. As for having the gun slaved to the Pilots helmet, that's simply out of my league and if it was posible it would only be with an AI CPG. Take for example Franze and Nodunit's apache, the HMD as acquisition mode only works with AI gunner.

3- Already on it's way ;)

4- Didn't wuite understand what you've said, can u elaborate.

If you are talking about the manual ranging of the gun, it IS there, even though u cannot see the range displayed. This is due to the config of the turret, so right now it shows the same info as the turret of a UAV, which doesn't not come with ranging. Now, if i change the info to the regular helo optics, it will be displayed, BUT, you'll loose the "Laser On" mark and all the extra info such as current grid, time, speed, alt, etc etc.

As for the max effective range of the guns, it should be around 1500m. Anything beyond that will only get a simple scratch.

Config error in the 1.01 version:

File hafm_arma2_helis\config.cpp, line 16665: '/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_Hellfire_K.displayNameMagazine': Missing ';' at the end of line
File hafm_arma2_helis\config.cpp, line 16672: '/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_Hellfire_N.displayNameMagazine': Missing ';' prior '}'
File hafm_arma2_helis\config.cpp, line 16678: '/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_Hellfire_L.displayNameMagazine': Missing ';' prior '}'

hi gerald,

hearing some of my thoughts are on the way makes me feel happy.

what would the world of arma be without guys like you. (kneefall)

i think radar guided would be so much fun to play

how do you plan to implement the changing mode?

is it possible to set a specific keycombination, like i mentioned oin #59?

ok i understand, with laser on the gun is auto-zeroed, right?

without laser i need to zero manual, but you can't show us the ranging right now.

oh man BIS, please give us ranging infos in the turret!

im not in arma atm, but is the tof (time of flight) to target showable?

is the laserguided hellfire not the K-version, instead of the L-version?

do you know how the laser locking is working?

if i shoot a laserguided hellfire, without an active laser, an some buddy on the battlefield

uses nearby at the same time a laser-ranger, does the hellfire lock on or not?

and is it regardless of the faction (nato laser same like csat laser)?

with laser on, it took some time to get the target locked-on symbol (two rectangles)

and only by pressing the specific target-key.

is this the way you want it?

my thought: laser on should automatic get an locked-on symbol, only with minimal delay in time

and without pressing the target-key. maybe the distance should result in a longer delay.

thnx and cheers, looking forward.

Hi again Geraldbolso1899.

First off, thanks for your help on my config question earlier. I'm back with some feedback on your update. I might just have struck some bad luck, but tonight when playing on my A3 server it crashed when in a firefight using the Venom. After restart and about 15 minutes of playing time, my arma crashes as I jump in to co-pilot a Viper. Last but not least after returning from a recon trip in a Venom, we encounter som infantry and start lighting them up with the minigun, and the game crashes yet again. Only thing I've changed om my map and mission is putting in the helis from the updated pack. Before that, no crashes. Again, could just be a run of bad luck, but wanted to give you a heads up ;-)

Hi again Geraldbolso1899.

First off, thanks for your help on my config question earlier. I'm back with some feedback on your update. I might just have struck some bad luck, but tonight when playing on my A3 server it crashed when in a firefight using the Venom. After restart and about 15 minutes of playing time, my arma crashes as I jump in to co-pilot a Viper. Last but not least after returning from a recon trip in a Venom, we encounter som infantry and start lighting them up with the minigun, and the game crashes yet again. Only thing I've changed om my map and mission is putting in the helis from the updated pack. Before that, no crashes. Again, could just be a run of bad luck, but wanted to give you a heads up ;-)

We'll I'll need to test that out again. Thanks for reporting :)

Im getting a 404 error on the dropbox link, could you guys fix the link?

sorry about that, check again, it should be fixed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3s814c40n99p29/AABOzxycDuskn73unu4-44qra

or Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26349

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 ----------

this line must go in the turret:

class Turrets : Turrets

{

class MainTurret : MainTurret

{

directionStabilized=1; // Camera Stabilizing Boolean

};

Hi geraldbolso1899, great features you've implemented on this mod so far!

I have, however, had a problem launching this mod on our units linux dedicated server.

In the startup parameter we have lots of mods which launch fine until I add this one to the end.

I usually copy and paste it across since this stops spelling errors and I can't find any problem with the folder structure or keys.

I'm not sure if it's this event handler error but the hotfix hasn't changed anything on our end.

Sadly our server won't launch without -NoLogs so I can't get an error report from the .rpt file.

As soon as I remove the mod from the launch parameters the server works fine again.

We've also had this problem with @usaf (US Airforce Mod) and @tog_jtac (JTAC Control Mod) since the 1.24 bootcamp update, did Bohemia change something?

Cheers for any help and great job on taking up development of the Arma 2 helis port! :cool:

Hi geraldbolso1899, great features you've implemented on this mod so far!

I have, however, had a problem launching this mod on our units linux dedicated server.

In the startup parameter we have lots of mods which launch fine until I add this one to the end.

I usually copy and paste it across since this stops spelling errors and I can't find any problem with the folder structure or keys.

I'm not sure if it's this event handler error but the hotfix hasn't changed anything on our end.

Sadly our server won't launch without -NoLogs so I can't get an error report from the .rpt file.

As soon as I remove the mod from the launch parameters the server works fine again.

We've also had this problem with @usaf (US Airforce Mod) and @tog_jtac (JTAC Control Mod) since the 1.24 bootcamp update, did Bohemia change something?

Cheers for any help and great job on taking up development of the Arma 2 helis port! :cool:

Thanks for reporting, what's your current modlist? Do you have the old HAFM helis there too?

Maybe you can talk to mindbl4ster, he had a similar problem but got fixed (page 6 on this thread)

Cheers

Great that you took it upon you to work on the Arma 2 helicopters, a little issue I have though: So far I've only flown the Apache and the Blackhawk, and they both fly very 'light'. I can understand that the Apache is a powerful machine with a strong engine but you can literally fly upside down for several seconds without bumping into issues (feels a lot like ArmA 3 Alpha flight engine for the Ka60). But like I said the Apache is IRL a pretty strong machine and I'd expect it to pull similar things off, if the pilot is experienced, however the Blackhawk can pretty much do the same things as the Apache. There is no inertia or weight in that bird, it surely is great for arcade-ish flying, but there is no real feeling and challenge to it. Compare it with Aplion's original A2 port and the how the Ghosthawk handles in ArmA 3 vanilla. Hope you can re-think the flight model and tweak it a bit, keep up the good work!

Think my post got lost, any chance you could look into this geraldbolso?

Think my post got lost, any chance you could look into this geraldbolso?

I've already check that, and a lot of tweaks have been implemented to model. You were right about the upside down flight, but it's weird because I had the mass of the bhawk to be around 7 tons, wither way, it has changed now.

About the ghosthawk's flight model, yeah it feels smooth, but it shouldn't be. I'm trying to make a balance between "user firendly" and a more challenging FM. Anyone that has a remote idea of how a chopper flies should know they are twitchy as a fly. But again, i reduced the responsiveness of some of the choppers.

I've ran into a problem with this mod. in my alive mission we have the Apache on call as a gunship support. but it will not engage enemy's. i loaded it up in the editor and it will not engage enemy's at all. nor will the Ah-1z

I've ran into a problem with this mod. in my alive mission we have the Apache on call as a gunship support. but it will not engage enemy's. i loaded it up in the editor and it will not engage enemy's at all. nor will the Ah-1z

Well, to be honest I'm not that focused on the AI behaviour right now. Once all the weapon features I've added become "stable", maybe then I'll look into the AI's behaviour

BUT, have you tried using a laser designator? Most of the hellfires are laser guided now (with the excepion of the Limas), so don't expect the AI to fire a laser anytime soon :s

Well, mainly talking about the M320 Cannon. since were going up against insurgents.