• Added a Generic African Irregulars faction
  • Standardized all group and unit names to use the prefix MEC_
  • Incorporated drRPG7.pbo into MiddleEastConflict.pbo
  • Various config tweaks
  • Added GME and SAA uniforms to the ME Insurgent uniform pool
  • Reenabled the short-sleeved GME uniform
  • Removed all BIS vehicles and statics except for Offroads from all factions
  • Reworked randomization scripts
  • Added a selection of Reyhard's AFVs to most factions (EAST uses desert camo, INDEP uses khaki)
  • Added Chairborne's Hind to SAA and GME
  • Completely removed vehicles from the East versus West mod

There is a good chance that in the next release Massi's weapons will be replaced by CUP.

Cool beans!

So no longer East vs West required?

Also, ALiVE wiki still has your old mod listed. I left a post to update to this one, but it'll probably get buried quickly. Might want to contact them (or update the page if you have access).

Good news! Love the MEC!

I haven't tested it with Alive, though the faction names have all changed. If somebody could test it with Alive and let me know, I would appreciate it.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome! Target sighted! :D

Really need to use Zee's Femal3 mod to make those Female Kurdish fighters in the next update!

@Drongo - thanks for the up-date .... great stuff :yay:

@jordanbache97

I have found my mistake, it was a bad copy-pasting job, there are groups defined that have units that don't exist. This will be fixed for the next version.

@Chickenchief

Which units? Has anybody else had this problem?

Female fighters are beyond the scope of this mod, it would be a lot of work for a very niche faction.

I should also say that Chops deserves the lion's share of the credit for the new factions. At this point I am just copy-pasting and tweaking configs and testing gear randomization scripts. All of the really hard work with the actual uniforms was done by Chops.

The units i am having trouble with are the ME irregulars, African army and some Hezbolla units. I downloaded the mod off armaholic, and i can see that there is a 10mb difference between the file sizes between your dropbox version and the holic version. Is there some sort of difference or a mistake?

The file sizes should be the same. Also I should have said, this update will break all missions with previous versions of the mod (due to the new classnames).

Seems I released this just in time, looks like my video card is dead.

Well it is quite odd, since i never had an older version of this mod installed. This is a fresh install. I did some more testing around, and i get the vehicle NULL error with most of the OPFOR infantry with some exceptions like HAMAS.

There is a good chance that in the next release Massi's weapons will be replaced by CUP.

That is good news, highly appreciated!

And many thanks for the good work!

As the title says everytime i start arma 3 i get this error. My launcher is a folder called @all. Basically it is a bunch of mods I use put into a single folder. So I went into the @all folder and opened the addon folder. However there is not PBO or file called GME_Tanks...so now im confused.

Well it is quite odd, since i never had an older version of this mod installed. This is a fresh install. I did some more testing around, and i get the vehicle NULL error with most of the OPFOR infantry with some exceptions like HAMAS.

I get this error as well

Its great to see Middle Eastern factions well organized, all in one download. Great work everyone involved

"bad vehicle NULL" errors

For those with this error, what other mods are you using? Please try MEC with only the required mods and please let me know if the same error occurs.

Will you add the Free Syrian Army (FSA), Iraqi Army and male Kurd forces? It would be good for a config option to use RHS weapons also if possible. I believe based on current world situation, all would be BluFor.

Will you add the Free Syrian Army (FSA), Iraqi Army and male Kurd forces? It would be good for a config option to use RHS weapons also if possible. I believe based on current world situation, all would be BluFor.

Maybe Independent would be better, so they can be allied to either side. Or better still they could be on BLUFOR and Independent to give mission makers further possibilities.

The ME Irregulars are intended to function as something like FSA, al Qaida, etc. They are present on all sides. There are other mods which provide Kurd and Iraqi forces, so there are no plans to include these factions in this mod. Also, I have heard that some people are confused about the faction sides, I can assure you that the choices I have made are logical. Despite what John Kerry says, IS are not BFF with SAA and Hezbollah :j:

There is the possibility of an RHS version in the future, but for now part of the design philosophy is the greatest amount of content with the least amount of dependencies. This also means there little chance of HLC AKs being added. I like the pack and I know they are very high quality, but if I make the HCL AKs a requirement for this mod, then I still have to make another pack a requirement for the RPG, Strela, PKM, etc. As stated before, before too long the weapons will be switched to CUP.

For the people with "bad vehicle null errors", any other information about your setups is appreciated. I really don't know what might be causing this, but I will be releasing a version with some minor config fixes in the next few days. Hopefully this will fix things.

"Bad vehicle type NULL" I only have MEC and AiA Terrain Pack activated.

I placed one unit of every faction on the map.