Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

I thought that might be the case however in last few readme's etc it has stated the ALIVE faction names separately hence my initial confusion.

Sorry guys, the readme is out of date. Current faction names:

MEC_BokoHaram
MEC_Civilians
MEC_GAI (Generic African Irregulars)
MEC_GAM (Generic African Military)
MEC_GME (Generic Middle East)
MEC_Hamas
MEC_Hezbollah
MEC_IrregularsI
MEC_IrregularsB
MEC_IrregularsO
MEC_IS (Islamic State)
MEC_QudsForce
MEC_SAA (Syrian Arab Army)
MEC_Taliban
MEC_WBO (Western Black Ops)

I don't use ALIVE, I am not sure if they are compatible.

Drongo this mod is Awesome, I wish i had gotten this sooner, the addition of t55 tanks and bmps, and your latest update with the ISIS, as well as having the Taliban

in there just makes the game a whole lot more realistic in terms of the situation in Iraq with ISIS.

I have a question in your readme where it says:

I placed the module but did not see any change in weapons, i had Taliban, Isis units placed and just wondering is that module faction specific, or how and or when does that module

work, and i just tried in the sp editor in preview.

Another question, you may have answered this already somewhere but is there a way to get the units to use HCL weapons, and RH weapons or have units use them, in replace of mass's aks, ect?

Sorry Gunter, forgot to respond to you. The module is pretty old and relates to the separate IDF mod, which had some config problems following some patching. The module scans units from the IDF mod and replaces the old weapons with guns from massi's pack.

Regarding other weapons packs, it is possible for someone to write a 3rd-party config and make the units use whichever guns you prefer. I will not be doing so however. The current (unreleased) version is now using CUP weapons.

Hey Drongo

Given we have Massi's weapons pack as a pre-req for your mod here, and all the RDS packs etc as separate reqs, have you thought about moving all the separate RDS/SUD pre-reqs over to Massi's new vehicle pack instead?

Like many, I'm going to use Massi's vehicles, so they dove tail with his faction mods, but I'm going to have double installs now in order to have MEC kitted out too, so I'm going to have two lots of RDS etc.

Would be really cool to get an African blufor faction. The generic African military on BLUE would work great for me!

nice, so many factions!

Edited by cptprice

Sometimes when I killed a Taliban/ISIS troop the game crashed immediately.

GroveRoy good to know but more details would help like:

1.were you just playing with MEC by itself or with other mods?

2.how were you playing with the mod in the game, editor?

3.what are your computer specs?

4. Were you playing with both ISIS and Taliban factions at the same time?

See what i'm asking? theres a number of factors involved that make the game crash in relation to the mod.

Also a suggestion is to post your Rpt after a crash you get so Drongo can look at it and see if there is some issue in his mod that needs fixing.

I haven't any issues myself.

I'm having some issues with this mod on dedicated servers. Many of the factions apparently have a dependency for "mas_weapons"ak", but it doesn't look like that naming convention is present in the recent version of Massi's weapons mod. Any time I place down a Syrian infantry for example, the server will not load the mission citing:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

mas_weapons_ak

There is also a very annoying script error related to the Irregular factions:

"Error Undefined variable in expression: drivests"

I assume it's related to the randomization of clothing. Everything spawns fine, but that error pops up constantly.

I was using the ISIS and Taliban units last as well as HLC AR15 with the 5.56 EPR mags. I could empty 3 mags into one guy and I could not for the life of me kill them. Even grenades were not dropping them. Has anyone else had that problem or know how to fix it by any chance? Thanks

Hey Drongo question for you regarding classnames for two factions, im trying to add the ISIS and Taliban factions to a mission that uses a unit list to spawn

units of choice where you can play against any faction you added.

In the MEC readme that comes with the mod you only have the factions classnames listed

MEC_SAA
MEC_Hezbollah
MEC_GME
MEC_QudsForce
MEC_WBO (Western Black Ops)
MEC_Irregulars

My question is for MEC_IS (Islamic State), and MEC_Taliban factions would a list like this work for the Taliban:

MEC_Taliban_Rifleman
MEC_Taliban_SquadLeader
MEC_Taliban_MachineGunner
MEC_Taliban_AutoRifleman
MEC_Taliban_Grenadier
MEC_Taliban_ATSoldier
MEC_Taliban_RPG7Soldier
MEC_Taliban_AASoldier
MEC_Taliban_Medic
MEC_Taliban_Marksman
MEC_Taliban_Crewman
MEC_Taliban_RPG7Grenadier
MEC_Taliban_Repair
MEC_Taliban_Engineer
MEC_Taliban_Explosives
MEC_Taliban_Officer

[u]Groups:[/u]
MEC_Taliban_RifleSquad
MEC_Taliban_WeaponsTeam
MEC_Taliban_FireTeam
MEC_Taliban_EngineerTeam
MEC_Taliban_SniperTeam
MEC_Taliban_SentryTeam
MEC_Taliban_LargeSquad
MEC_Taliban_TechnicalSection2
MEC_Taliban_TechnicalSection3
MEC_Taliban_BMP1Squad
MEC_Taliban_BMP2Squad
MEC_Taliban_T72Section
MEC_Taliban_T72Platoon
MEC_Taliban_BMP1Section
MEC_Taliban_BMP1Platoon
MEC_Taliban_BMP2Section
MEC_Taliban_BMP2Platoon
MEC_Taliban_T55Section
MEC_Taliban_T55Platoon
MEC_Taliban_ZSU23Section

[u]Static Weapons:[/u]
MEC_Taliban_ZU23
MEC_Taliban_DSHKM
MEC_Taliban_DSHkM_Mini_TriPod
MEC_Taliban_KORD
MEC_Taliban_KORD_high
MEC_Taliban_AGS
MEC_Taliban_Metis
MEC_Taliban_SPG9
MEC_Taliban_Igla_AA_pod
MEC_Taliban_2b14_82mm
MEC_Taliban_D30
MEC_Taliban_D30_AT

[u]Vehicles:[/u]
MEC_Taliban_T72
MEC_Taliban_BMP1
MEC_Taliban_BMP2
MEC_Taliban_ZSU23
MEC_Taliban_T55
MEC_Taliban_Hind

Basically replacing the middle with the faction classname?

and same for ISIS which would be MEC_IS or IS in the middle, correct?

First post updated with version 018. Changes:

• Added CUP Weapons Pack dependency
  • Removed Massi Weapons Pack dependency
  • Added optional iNTERBRED's Tactical Beards support
  • Added [MEC] to the front of unit Display Names
  • Various config fixes and tweaks
  • Changed the way Irregulars are given vests (now uses a marker instead of a logic)
  • Tweaked the uniforms of the WBO faction

Also, check out my newly released mission using this mod: Smooth Operators.

@Gunter

For the units, I tried to stick to 3 or less characters, so instead of _Taliban_ try _TAL_. IS uses _IS_.

Edited by Drongo69

v018

Removed Massi Weapons Pack dependency

Yet the massi dependency is still there.... You all may want to check your code lines and ensure it isn't still in there somewhere.

Played with the new update, when I used the old weapon pack with the update, the weapons were invisible, they showed up when I added CUP, so I think the dependency is gone. Also with the new weapons, ISIS and the Taliban units are nearly impossible to kill, hate to bring it up again and I don't mean to nag about it. This mod is simply awesome though man.

Please try to make meaningful error reports. I have no interest in trying to wring meaning from vague posts. Also, if you are getting strange behaviour, test with only this mod and dependencies loaded.

@Frizzy

I can kill both ISIS and Taliban with 1-3 shots from a CUP AK74.

v018

Removed Massi Weapons Pack dependency

Yet the massi dependency is still there.... You all may want to check your code lines and ensure it isn't still in there somewhere.

If this is somehow unclear, what I mean is: You said you removed the dependency, however, Massies Nato Weapons is still listed as a dependency and will automatically be updated by Play with Six to download the additional addon. You may wish to recheck your files to ensure it isn't still calling for this mod.

Hey Drongo69,

Just got the update and am still having issues with using your units on dedicated servers. I just made a simple mission with one Nato blufor + ME Irregular Opfor Rifleman and am now getting:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

cup_weapons_ak

I have tried this on both a windows & linux dedicated environment. The only mods I have loaded are:

• @asdg_jr
  • @cup
  • @mec
  • @rds
  • @rds_staticw_cag
  • @rds_tank

all of which are up to date via PW6.

I know @cup is working because I can use cup units and weaponry, but as soon as I put down an MEC unit I end up with above error or something similar. I can play locally, or even host locally, but any dedicated environment I've tried gives the above. Here's the small test mission I am using. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Played with the new update, when I used the old weapon pack with the update, the weapons were invisible, they showed up when I added CUP, so I think the dependency is gone. Also with the new weapons, ISIS and the Taliban units are nearly impossible to kill, hate to bring it up again and I don't mean to nag about it. This mod is simply awesome though man.

Can second this regarding some units being impossible to kill. I was getting a mixed bag (sometimes they would die, other times not...) with all kinds of units--ISIS, Taliban, Middle East Irregulars, etc. I was unable to kill them most of the time with many different weapons and units (even grenades) but when I'd spawn another bluefor unit and watch them duke it out the bluefor would kill him one shot.

BUT your addon is AMAZING and I love all the variety of factions that you've provided.

Right,

I truly am not trying to be a dick. I love your mod. Its brilliant. The expansions it gives us are prime for the missions most of us wish to run. However, with that said, I am trying to figure out if I am reading your change log properly or if something has happened along the way. I read it to be as follows: Massi Nato/SF weapons were replaced by CUP. Which is great on many levels. However from what I see CUP is no longer a dependency and massi is still there. So someone correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation of the log, as I truly wish to see the mod excel to all its potential.

it4vjKi.png

This is what I am seeing, and what my guys are asking about.

Thank you for your time

Right,

I truly am not trying to be a dick. I love your mod. Its brilliant. The expansions it gives us are prime for the missions most of us wish to run. However, with that said, I am trying to figure out if I am reading your change log properly or if something has happened along the way. I read it to be as follows: Massi Nato/SF weapons were replaced by CUP. Which is great on many levels. However from what I see CUP is no longer a dependency and massi is still there. So someone correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation of the log, as I truly wish to see the mod excel to all its potential.

http://i.imgur.com/it4vjKi.png

This is what I am seeing, and what my guys are asking about.

Thank you for your time

I think that's just an issue with the PW6 database not being up to date and not the mod itself.