Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

Is it not something to do with the backpacks being "none" or ""?

Is it not something to do with the backpacks being "none" or ""?

That might be it. Could those having trouble please try this hotfix:

MEC v0171 hotfix

Thank You Chops,Drongo69 and all involved contributors for all your hard work in developing and attention to this mod. Great job guys!

v0171 hotfix fixed the "bad vehicle NULL" errors for me.

However, I cannot create the following units:

MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman
MEC_QUD_RPG7Soldier

Cannot create the following static vehicles:

MEC_IRR_SPG9O
MEC_IRR_AGSO

.rpt

19:01:05 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman,
19:01:07 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MEC_QUD_RPG7Soldier
19:01:09 ERROR: Switch uniform! Uniform is not supported by soldier
19:01:09 Uniform U_IG_Guerilla1_1 is not allowed for soldier class MEC_QUD_Crewman
21:51:38 Warning Message: Bad vehicle type MEC_IRR_SPG9O
21:52:01 Warning Message: Bad vehicle type MEC_IRR_AGSO
21:58:26 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MEC_IRR_SPG9O,
21:58:52 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MEC_IRR_AGSO,

Thanks again.

Okay, as I said, I spawn one unit of every faction. This is an error I get now:

"Cannot load texture cps_shemags\data\hamas_co.paa."

Hotfix 0172.

Download

If this fixes the remaining bugs I will make it official and update the first post.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

First off, awesome work as ever Drongo, really good stuff.

I have heard that some people are confused about the faction sides, I can assure you that the choices I have made are logical.

I don't dispute that at all, and I'm not trying to make this a political debate, but I'm not sure the logic behind Boko Haram, Islamic State, and Taliban not being OPFOR (?!!), when ME Irregulars 'includes al Qaida' who we're happy to classify as OPFOR? Appears inconsistent.

The danger of being Independent, is they become lost factions who don't get used by some who can't be bothered trying to engineer west vs independent conflict in a mission (or harder, in a sandbox mission).

looks amazing!!!!

i'm creating an IDF extension mod and it going to be amazing to fight against them

Thank You Drongo69.

v_0172 resolved static weapon creation errors. Thanks for removing required suffix.

Still cannot create the following units:

MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman
MEC_QUD_RPG7Soldier

Creating unit MEC_TAL_Crewman generates error

13:18:45 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.
13:18:45 Ref to nonnetwork object 45600080# 167243: cps_disha3.p3d

It would be consistent to include new Faction class/group names to documentation.

Thanks again Chops and Drongo.

Edited by Jigsor

Hello guys,

I wonder if it was possible to have the outfits without having to download and install mods "Weapons", "Tanks", "Mi24", etc ...

I would like to take clothes without installing what will be useless.

Thank you for your reply.

Oxdyne

Hello guys,

I wonder if it was possible to have the outfits without having to download and install mods "Weapons", "Tanks", "Mi24", etc ...

I would like to take clothes without installing what will be useless.

Thank you for your reply.

Oxdyne

Same for me,

the dependencies are the only thing holding me back, using that mod in my group as it has a great (and good looking) variety of faction. >.<

MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman

MEC_QUD_RPG7Soldier

I have no idea why these keep popping up, I can't find any references to them in any config. They are misnamings from an earlier version. MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman is now actually MEC_SAA_AutomaticRifleman. I can't think of where the reference is hiding, but I'll keep looking.

It would be consistent to include new Faction class/group names to documentation.

I'll get around to this, but it is about the least fun part of the mod, so I keep putting it off :(

i'm creating an IDF extension mod and it going to be amazing to fight against them

That would be excellent, look forward to seeing your work.

@Rockfrog

My thinking is as follows:

BLUFOR: US and friends

OPFOR: Iran and friends (in the context of this pack, I consider the "core" faction to be SAA)

INDEP: Not necessarily friends of the above

The Irregulars can be considered a generic faction and thus could show up on any side (US is friends with al Qaida when they are fighting against Assad, for example). Originally they were INDEP only, but some people wanted them on other sides and I was happy to oblige at the time (back when they were the only faction).

IS is a much bigger enemy of Iran/SAA than they are of the US and most of their actions align with the goals of the US/Israel. I am not too knowledgeable about the current relationship but at least in the past Iran and the Taliban had a very hostile attitude to each other (Iran almost invaded Afghanistan in the 90s). Boko Haram I have less knowledge about, but I am unaware of any connection to Iran.

The groups on INDEP are unlikely to fight each other, so their current side gives mission designers the flexibility to set up battles against their most likely enemies without having to manually mess around with sides.

Another small influence is that I still think to a degree in the terms WEST, EAST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN.

I hope that clears things up.

@oxdyne

There are no current plans for a uniform-only download. I think OHally's Aggressors pack has less dependencies, maybe that will better suit your needs.

Solved:

My mistake, these two units are not issues any longer.

I was spawning MEC_SAA_AutoRifleman by script and going by classname in documentation.

I don't know where MEC_QUD_RPG7Soldier came from. Maybe I added MEC the prefix to existing older classes in my script.

New issue found when playing as MEC_QUD_Rifleman. No scripts involved with this issue.

rpt

19:19:33 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_co.paa.

19:19:33 Warning Message: Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3.rvmat.

19:19:33 Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3.rvmat

19:19:33 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

19:19:33 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 3

19:19:33 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_co.paa.

19:19:33 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

19:19:33 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 3

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_co.paa.

19:19:34 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

19:19:34 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 3

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_co.paa.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 2263, removed rightforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 2263, removed rightforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 3215, removed leftforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 3215, removed leftforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: special LOD contains 2nd UV set.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_hands needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_legs needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:34 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(0)

19:19:34 Warning: special LOD contains 2nd UV set.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(10), Selection injury_hands needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(10), Selection injury_legs needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:34 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(10)

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 11, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 95, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

19:19:34 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(1000)

19:19:34 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha3.p3d:shadow(1000)

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_nohq.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w1_cps_disha3_mc.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_as.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_smdi.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_ti_ca.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_nohq.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w2_cps_disha3_mc.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_as.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_smdi.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha3_ti_ca.paa.

19:19:34 No owner

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket.rvmat.

19:19:34 Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket.rvmat

19:19:34 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll

19:19:34 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll

19:19:35 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_hands needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:35 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_legs needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

19:19:35 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 11, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

19:19:35 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 95, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

19:19:35 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)

19:19:35 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_nohq.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_as.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_smdi.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_ti_ca.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_nohq.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w1_cps_disha_jacket_mc.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_as.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_smdi.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_ti_ca.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w2_cps_disha_jacket_mc.paa.

19:19:35 No owner

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

19:19:35 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

Drongo this mod is Awesome, I wish i had gotten this sooner, the addition of t55 tanks and bmps, and your latest update with the ISIS, as well as having the Taliban

in there just makes the game a whole lot more realistic in terms of the situation in Iraq with ISIS.

I have a question in your readme where it says:

Module

======

In the editor you can find a module called "[MEC] Give IDF Massi guns". This will initiate a script that will run every 10 seconds. It will check every unit's

weapons and if they are 2035 IDF weapons it will give them M4s, M240s, etc instead.

I placed the module but did not see any change in weapons, i had Taliban, Isis units placed and just wondering is that module faction specific, or how and or when does that module

work, and i just tried in the sp editor in preview.

Another question, you may have answered this already somewhere but is there a way to get the units to use HCL weapons, and RH weapons or have units use them, in replace of mass's aks, ect?

Having problems placing ISIS groups on editor. As soon as I do that I get an CTD or a freeze. Somethings wrong ?

Okay, I can't tell if its only me (my f-ed up PC or Game installation) but when I place the units in the editor and go ingame when I come to a certan unit...the game crashes. (I have the feeling its the taliban. It also happens with only this faction!)

Okay, I can't tell if its only me (my f-ed up PC or Game installation) but when I place the units in the editor and go ingame when I come to a certan unit...the game crashes. (I have the feeling its the taliban. It also happens with only this faction!)

No it's not just you, read my post above yours :)

For me it happens with ISIS and independent factions included in this mod.

Had no issues myself with Taliban faction.

Only issues i had was these spammed errors on my server's RPT:

2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 112: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2des.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 124: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2des2.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 137: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2wood.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 149: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2wdes.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 161: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2wdes2.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 173: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha2wwood.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 231: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha3a.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 244: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha3b.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 257: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha3c.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 270: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha3d.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line
2:15:26 File MiddleEastConflict\gear\dishdasha\cfgCivilian.hpp, line 283: '/CfgVehicles/MEC_dishdasha3e.uniformClass': Missing ';' at the end of line

2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_hands needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_legs needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 11, sum of weights is 150, should be 100 
2:23:58 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 95, sum of weights is 150, should be 100 
2:23:58 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)
2:23:58 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)

2:53:30 soldier[MEC_WBO_Rifleman]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_WBO_Rifleman]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_RPG7Soldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_RPG7Soldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_RPG7Grenadier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_RPG7Grenadier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_ATSoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_ATSoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_AASoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
2:53:30 soldier[MEC_TAL_AASoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

I had built a simple mission with just using waypoints, and triggers and with MEC loaded the mission and then it crashed,

after i attempted it again and got in, I get errors as well in the editor.

No it's not just you, read my post above yours :)

For me it happens with ISIS and independent factions included in this mod.

Yeah I read that, but it sounded like it happens in the editor! ^^

Thanks for all the error reports, I will take a look at them in the coming week.

It's pretty frustrating, I don't understand why these errors only occur for some users. Inconsistent errors are the most annoying type to troubleshoot :(

He don't be sad. I know your feeling. I have some serious trouble with my freshly rented server to. Take the time it needs! ^^

Hi There,

I may be a bit of an idiot but I can't find a faction name for the civilians for the new update are they ALiVE supported or no?

I love this pack its defiantly got us set for a fair while :)