Sign in to follow this  
Belbo

Game crash as soon as I try to host a multiplayer game

I´m suffering the same problem

Really annoying.

I´m not using the dev branch.

We hope they solve it asap...

If you want the problem to be solved.... unsuscribe from all the workshop arma3 content you have.

Edited by legio4777

Their public response in handling situations like this are still baffling to me. Yes they are well aware that the workshop was broke yesterday. We have been screaming in their ears about it as soon as the workshop was broken. Instead of explaining what had happened to cause the breakage and commenting on a potential hotfix, they instead offer no explanation except to post hours later saying a fix has been established in their code but will not be released until their next official game update....in the meanwhile leaving all workshop content virtually unusable since you have to unsubscribe from everything to stop the crashes.

Keep in mind they make no official public announcement so people will understand what has happened as user speculation begins to run rampant as to why their game keeps crashing. Then later they suddenly reply on a steam forum thread announcing that they just released a fix...wow, great!...only we all were still crashing and the fix did not work. The next response from BIS after realizing the fix did not work was to say "just to be sure we are talking about dev branch here, right?"...apparently giving you the impression that a miscommuication was happening here. Then...about 6 hours later after people kept posting and complaining yet another BIS lackadaisical response simply said something like...oh, uhh i guess more investigating is in order then. Whaaa?

Most people look at this as a sudden game-breaking change was made and are expecting the company to offer a logical explanation and a fast turn around time for the fix...but what you seem to get is alot of improper unofficial communication that is unhelpful and even borders on a phrase that some might call "word games".

...baffling

Their public response in handling situations like this are still baffling to me. Yes they are well aware that the workshop was broke yesterday. We have been screaming in their ears about it as soon as the workshop was broken. Instead of explaining what had happened to cause the breakage and commenting on a potential hotfix, they instead offer no explanation except to post hours later saying a fix has been established in their code but will not be released until their next official game update....in the meanwhile leaving all workshop content virtually unusable since you have to unsubscribe from everything to stop the crashes.

Keep in mind they make no official public announcement so people will understand what has happened as user speculation begins to run rampant as to why their game keeps crashing. Then later they suddenly reply on a steam forum thread announcing that they just released a fix...wow, great!...only we all were still crashing and the fix did not work. The next response from BIS after realizing the fix did not work was to say "just to be sure we are talking about dev branch here, right?"...apparently giving you the impression that a miscommuication was happening here. Then...about 6 hours later after people kept posting and complaining yet another BIS lackadaisical response simply said something like...oh, uhh i guess more investigating is in order then. Whaaa?

Most people look at this as a sudden game-breaking change was made and are expecting the company to offer a logical explanation and a fast turn around time for the fix...but what you seem to get is alot of improper unofficial communication that is unhelpful and even borders on a phrase that some might call "word games".

...baffling

I dunno. It's a pretty typical Dwarden response. At least he's showing they're aware.

We're on the eve of a big release though, there might not be much room for a hotfix. It sucks having to wait and not being able to edit content. I'm speculating an update to the workshop coinciding with WIN as this crash pretty much came out of nowhere.

it will be fixed soon enough people just need to relax jesus go play something else til they fix it lol it isnt gonna ruin your life

it will be fixed soon enough people just need to relax jesus go play something else til they fix it lol it isnt gonna ruin your life

Not a life threatening issue for sure. And there IS LOTS OF OTHER GAMES OUT THERE TO PLAY. But if anything within a certain game community can be considered a HOT BUTTON issue this is it. Even with a big release coming up I think the majority of the community would prefer the developers to fix this issue immediately. I certainly think so, but alas soon the fix will be here requiring yet another hotfix for another semi game breaking issue. Sometimes makes me wonder if it is worth it. But hey they already got my money right. Ahhh Arma.

Bee geezer's..

Well. i gotta chim in here on this one!.... This is the typical trait of a person that will run a car with no oil in the engine just because when he puts the key in the ignition the car will still start! Usual responce from a person with support in nature in a non productive manor just to hear themselves talk..hence I have already said to much...

Edited by Mojeaux
moral oblagation

Hey guys, the problem should be fixed both in dev and main branch now.

Had it also a month ago. Could't start/continue campaign or any other SP missions until I removed Workshop mission subs.

Now I've deleted pretty much everything I could from A3 other than addons and my profile. All missions have been removed. Still can't host a freaking server.

This needs to be fixed. I host for my group. Without being able to do this it impacts all of our experiences with the game. Something is majorly screwing up our ability to host online games.

This has happened several times to me. Not only has it happened several times since the claim that it was fixed, it's been getting worse and worse.

Fix this. The game is basically useless to me like this.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

I'm still getting this issue. It's driving me nuts! Anybody got a workaround?

Form the beginning of this week I have the same issue. Pretty frustrating

Yep, this problem is very much still alive and does not seem related to steam workshop at all as I'm not subscribed to anything on there.

Woot, I am having this now too. Damn!

Have deleted everything Steam Workshop related, all subscribed Missions unsubscribed... doesnt fix the problem :((

Edited by nomisum
added details

I'm having this problem now - never previously.

If I try to host and click 'Internet' not 'LAN' and then 'OK' it just stops working. No error message - just freezes screen and stops working.

I'm having this problem now - never previously.

If I try to host and click 'Internet' not 'LAN' and then 'OK' it just stops working. No error message - just freezes screen and stops working.

If you aren't subscribed to any workshop missions I've found that some of my mods seem to be causing this. I'm not sure what the issue is as these mods can be hosted by others apparently and the mods that choose to cause the freezes have been random for me.

If you aren't subscribed to any workshop missions I've found that some of my mods seem to be causing this. I'm not sure what the issue is as these mods can be hosted by others apparently and the mods that choose to cause the freezes have been random for me.

Yup. It definitely seems random which mods cause this, I can't find a particular culprit. Although I can now host a vanilla game (not sure since when I could do this - for a while I could not host anything).

It's a pain in the backside.

This has been a problem with the workshop for a while. Everytime Arma 3 updates and you are subscribed to anything in the workshop, it is liable to start breaking the game. Best bet is to not use the workshop at all and find everything you need via these forums or Armaholic.

This has been a problem with the workshop for a while. Everytime Arma 3 updates and you are subscribed to anything in the workshop, it is liable to start breaking the game. Best bet is to not use the workshop at all and find everything you need via these forums or Armaholic.

I read that this could be the cause of the issue, however I'm not subscribed to any workshop content...

I read that this could be the cause of the issue, however I'm not subscribed to any workshop content...

Same here

Solved the issue for me and it was indeed Steam Workshop content, however, for me it was lingering save data from Workshop scenarios that I had tried months ago and had long since unsubscribed.

Make sure all data from all Workshop content is deleted and you'll be able to host a game again.

Check these folders:

C:\Users\{YOU}\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam

C:\Users\{YOU}\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steamMPMission

or

C:\Users\{YOU}\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\{YOUR PROFILE NAME}\Saved\steam

C:\Users\{YOU}\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\{YOUR PROFILE NAME}\Saved\steamMPMission

It's the Saved\steam\meta folder that contains subscription info for Steam content. Delete this folder if you've ever had any subscriptions.

:yay:

Edited by Tavish