makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

There's a strange behaviour with the lamps, they are turned off randomly.

if you restart the same mission several times, you'll get different results.

Sometimes a whole village can have all it's lamps off, then all on.

I didn't test it in multiplayer.

I have the same behaviour on altis, where some of the lamps are off ( though i can't tell if it's random or not.)

It's quite strange, in some villages the various lamps are pretty much always working at night. In Forecahira the majority of streetlights (land_lampstreet_f) never come on no matter how many times the mission is restarted. The same lamp objects are always lit near fuel stations though. I don't know enough about the way Arma3 lighting and configs work to speculate why. Maybe something to do with nearby house classes or road segments?

Great job nonetheless!

Many of the ArmA 3 lights do not work, no matter what, in Altis. I think BI intentionally restricted how many Dynamic Lights can actually work in the entire map or something like that, to conserve on behalf of performance. That's also why many power lines are missing in Altis, as well. Just a thought, if there's nothing wrong with the configs or lamps themselves.

Signatures were checked against a Sig 2 server and should work properly.

Many thanks.

It's something that certainly could be improved. Maybe in the future but it's not on my top priority list.

...Maybe in the future but it's not on my top priority list.

Really? That's a shame, because I think the map's biggest bottleneck when it comes to visuals right now is the mid- to long-range look. Unless you have your object drawing distance at the exact same as your overall drawing distance, the jungle is just... non-existent in the distance, which can get jarring, especially if you spend some time in the air or high up. (When you stay purely on the ground it looks great otherwise) It'd require some ingenuity, but I think it is definately doable to make the long-range map textures decently show and represent the vegetation and urban structures, even when high in the air and no tree models are drawn. I'd suggest studying Bohemia's Altis and Stratis textures to see if there's anything to learn/copy from that.

Also, speaking of mid-range: If you've got the know-how, I think it would be worth it to have a look at tweaking the various tree textures/models that change with range. Currently, the textures, or perhaps the lighting, goes from dark to bright to dark again as you move away, which can also get jarring if it's brought to your attention.

Do you want to contribute by doing that yourself ?

I could certaily use some help.

Amazing map. Some suggestion. Ambient sounds have a "ziunnnnnn". When you are playing an hour at Nziwasogo "ziunnnn" making people crazy!!! Can you delete this sound and place normal birds sound???

Nice job with lights at map. It creates a nice ambient!!!

Thanks

Sanchez, hilarious description of the sound, but do you mean the buzz of a cicada bug?

I love this map! My only issue is that I can't play a sandbox mission called DUWS that I usually play. The reason being is that I need to rename the mission file using the island's name, and I can't seem to get the name right. It works for Altis, Stratis, Chernarus, Baghdad, etc. I just can't seem to guess the correct name to use for this map. I tried N'Ziwasogo, F.S.F N'Ziwasogo, and NZiwasogo. I don't know what else it could be filed as :/ do you know what I would have to address this map as? Regardless, keep up the fantastic work! The maps looks beautiful!

Gorgeous map man, absolutely gorgeous. A little taxing on my poor rig when I'm flying and I push my view/render distance out but still gorgeou as all hell. I'm building my teams missions on it tonight and will also be building some ALiVE missions for it to see how well the mod works with the map.

Thanks for putting this out!

Thank you thank you thank you! :d

:)

If you need the name of an unknow map:

- create a mission (using the editor) on this map

- save it as sqm with a name you'll remember

- go to Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<profile name>\missions

- check the folder named <your mission name>.<map name you're looking for!!>

et voila ! ;)

:)

If you need the name of an unknow map:

- create a mission (using the editor) on this map

- save it as sqm with a name you'll remember

- go to Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<profile name>\missions

- check the folder named <your mission name>.<map name you're looking for!!>

et voila ! ;)

Or just type hint str worldname in the debug console.

This looks like a good place to put Massi's Rangers up against the Chinese I just downloaded from Majoris. I know it's supposed to be Africa, but that vid reminded me of scenes right out of "We Were Soldiers".

I'm already envisioning a midnight amphibious insertion, clearing an LZ in the jungle, and sweeping out on search and destroy missions.

Gonna be a blast. Thanks for the map!

Too true. But I've been wanting a theater to engage the Chinese in since I downloaded them. The Mediterranean seemed a little off base. This map will be perfect.

I already set up a collision of 2 patrols meeting in the jungle in nearly pitch black, rainy conditions. I sat on the sidelines as a civilian with no NVG. With Blastcore running, the jungle was alight. It was glorious.

EDIT

I just now noticed an Asian faction in the FSF EUP. I had thought it was just African. My mistake.

Edited by Blackthorne556

Holy smoke, i just installed A3 again after god knows how long and was a bit dissappointed about how little it has changed, even the fatigue system still suck.... then i found this map, VERY nice and it runs beautifully :cool:

I love the way towns are set up on this map, gives intense firefights in close quarters.

On the other hand you'll leave the road, walk for a few seconds and it's like you're 30 clicks into the jungle.

Really great map!

Whoa!

Just discovered this map today... It's probably gonna make it to my top 5 along with Altis, Chernarus and Fallujah!

Nice job mes chers compatriotes! :D

Whats about the tree-texture-bug? This map is beautiful as FU**, but this two-colored trees..they just destroy it :/ Is there a fic coming soon for it? Or not? :/ for explaining: this bug: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52106919832223241/204C2BD5047A2F52A558C92C6809018D14B06223/

Greets, Don!

If someone could produce a set of up to date jungle plants/trees, it would indeed greatly benefit the community.

I'm not skilled at all in 3D....

Messedge!!!

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

If someone could produce a set of up to date jungle plants/trees, it would indeed greatly benefit the community.

I'm not skilled at all in 3D....

I am total noob in modding . I never use bi tools before. But i liked your awesome map so much so i spent 12 hours in a row studing modding and here is result

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/64495616247689440/B7F7C6AB8CFA731329A148E9A141841659353A3D/

I hope i covered most part of bugged trees and i hope my expirence will encourage to continue my job. But before i gave you a download link to fixed pbo i will write you what i did.

1. I unbin p3d of broken trees with P3DDebinarizer . I made it becouse somehow game dont want to read rvmat file (material file) if p3d is binarised. (it seems rvmat included in binarized p3d)

2. I unbin rvmat that correspond with p3d of tree . Then i saw that in rvmat file there is link to PAA of trees. So to be sure that i looking at right rvmat i used textview 2 that i found in POseidon tools to ensure myself that i am looking at rmvat that has a link to PAA of trunk of the tree and not leaves ot something else.

3. Then i killed myself trying to findout what causes weird dark texture . The answer was : Autor of african foliage used lightmap of tree crown for tree trunk! Why it works in arma 2 without bug i dunno. I changed it to white procedural texture (Open brg_datepalm_trunk.rvmat in brg_africa and compare to original and you will see difference.

4. I made same with rvmat of other broken trees.

5. then i found out that i when i unbinarize p3d of trees i create new bug i have to deal with

6. Wind now affecting not only crown of fixed trees but all the body of tree. You can see it clearly with big trees when they start moving on ground

7. The only way i could fix it its by restricting trees animate at wind. I did it in Object Buildier

8. I opened object buildier . And in geometry named property change class from treehard to tree https://resources.bisimulations.com/w/index.php?title=Oxygen_2_-_Manual

9. So i amek big trees is not moving at all at wind. I know its not best solution but i cant even create theme on forum to ask how to change how wind affects tree becouse i am newbie at forum. So here is your part!

Known issues.

- I Think i didnt fix all trees (so tired)

- Fixed trees didnt correctrly react to wind (Need profeesional help to solve that bug)

Download link http://rghost.ru/57786096

I hope my story will encourage you ti continue developing your map! And sorry for my bad english!