makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Could you change grass mesh to be taller? Something thigh-high should make the jungle look more "jungley" :p. The low grass is something that really takes away from the jungle feel for me. Besides that I really like this mod. Looking forward to more woodland maps. I hate those deserts and arid maps, they are so bland.

BTW: Can anyone upload a mod that shuts up the LOUD squacking animal? I cant open the PBO to edit that one.

EDIT: Not cool mate, you replaced the vanilla ambient sounds. This means that this fucking bird appears in vanilla maps as well.

Edited by Taro8

Check the topic and you'll find out that this bug is known, and the solution too...

Look for anything referencing "pja305_sounds_new\sounds\ambient\single_sfx\bird1" and edit accordingly.

Thanks, tpw.

Has anyone else played a night mission and noticed the huge blobby white stars? The lighting config for the island at night might need a bit of work, it seems that all lights (including stars) are way too bright at night.

Has anyone else played a night mission and noticed the huge blobby white stars? The lighting config for the island at night might need a bit of work, it seems that all lights (including stars) are way too bright at night.

No problem here.

No problem here.

Hmm. Here's what I am seeing. Running Dev build 115081, CBA-A3, A3MP and N'Ziwasogo. I've also seen the blobby stars on a couple of other A2 maps (eg Caribou frontier).

So you have problem with A3MP not this map, redownload new version ( delete old one before puting new one )

So you have problem with A3MP not this map, redownload new version ( delete old one before puting new one )

One step ahead of you mate. Redownloading 1.3a via torrent as we speak. I wasn't sure if the problem was a lighting config issue with some maps, or an A3MP issue.

@Scorch : No, this terrain will stay as it is ( too late to change that now), but i may in the future, when i'm finished witn N'Ziwasogo ( some technical difficulties to overcome) make a whole series of island using the same buildings, and same vegetation layout, with different terrain mesh/themes. I'm thinking of a mountain terrain ( Laos inspired) , rivers/swamps (Mekong Delta inspired) and maybe an archipellago.

Alright, I'm sorry to hear that, but I respect your decision and look forward to the full finished product. An archipelago definitely sounds interesting and I've always thought the Mekong Delta would make an awesome battlefield. Perhaps new terrain editing tools (whenever they come) will allow you to do this more efficiently,

OK, redownloaded 1.3a via torrent. Carefully extracted files under linux (to avoid the A3MP_Roads_data.pbp file is broken errors) and still get the horrible night lighting. Either the A3MP torrent version is #$%^ed or there is actually a problem with the lighting on this map.

Strange, i don't see the sky as you see it, it's "normal" on my rig ( like altis or stratis's one.)

The lighting config has nothing specific, just copied the one from Stratis if i remember well ( and it's the same as Koplic's).

Do you have this kind of sky on Koplic also ? ( Koplic is not dependant on A3MP, nor on any A2 item)

Strange, i don't see the sky as you see it, it's "normal" on my rig ( like altis or stratis's one.)

The lighting config has nothing specific, just copied the one from Stratis if i remember well ( and it's the same as Koplic's).

Do you have this kind of sky on Koplic also ? ( Koplic is not dependant on A3MP, nor on any A2 item)

Thanks Makhno, I get the impression after reading around a bit more that people are having trouble with @A3MP (various broken files etc) depending on where they download it from. Perhaps this is causing the weird sky? I've had no luck with 2 attempts at downloading it via torrent, and am currently downloading from one of Armaholic's links. I'm also downloading Koplic and will let you know. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my various problems!

EDIT: Problem solved with non-torrent version of @A3MP.

Edited by tpw

Just gotta say love this. Plan on making some missions with the African aggressors mod. I just hope the sounds are fixed as i have to always disable the map when i play other missions. Thanks.

Hey guys, seem to be having a issue saving a game and loading it. It returns to the main menu. Any ideas? I've built a mission but without being able to save/load it can be difficult for some. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Looks good on local machine, but seems to be a pain to run on a dedicated server. Still waiting to hear back from Makhno, must be a busy chap as he has not replied to any private messages "please check PM" :) I have tried several things to get it to work, even downloaded the playwithsix version and uploaded those files to our server, but wasn't able to start the server at all then. Even tried putting all the addon files inside the @a3mp which just came up with errors, only works on local not dedicated. Then tried another solution with IBR_Plants.pbo, IBR_Dtown.pbo and BRG_Africa.pbo I put inside of @Nziwasogo and managed to get server seeing it. But then get kicked, "player was kicked from server". Wondering if it is a broken key or something? Would appreciate any help or advice from those that have got it running on their servers? Any chance of one file not several to run this map, as this seems not to be user friendly at all.

I've noticed that AI pilots in the F18 and A10 usually crash into trees on final approach to land at the airfield. (Using Alive CAS) Any change of getting some of those trees on the east side cut down?

I get these stars now and then

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4qvdgfjbkf0ctd/Nziwasogo%20stars.jpg

people were having this issue with another mod called bebe_midtex, are you running that mod?

i got the same issue, also my soldiers head seam to be glowing on this map at night (havn't seen it on any other map but im going to check for it ) and i am NOT using bebe_midtex so it needs to be something else

Looks good on local machine, but seems to be a pain to run on a dedicated server. Still waiting to hear back from Makhno, must be a busy chap as he has not replied to any private messages "please check PM" :) I have tried several things to get it to work, even downloaded the playwithsix version and uploaded those files to our server, but wasn't able to start the server at all then. Even tried putting all the addon files inside the @a3mp which just came up with errors, only works on local not dedicated. Then tried another solution with IBR_Plants.pbo, IBR_Dtown.pbo and BRG_Africa.pbo I put inside of @Nziwasogo and managed to get server seeing it. But then get kicked, "player was kicked from server". Wondering if it is a broken key or something? Would appreciate any help or advice from those that have got it running on their servers? Any chance of one file not several to run this map, as this seems not to be user friendly at all.

Here are the signed files.

http://www.gol-clan.co.uk/keys.zip

people were having this issue with another mod called bebe_midtex, are you running that mod?

cheers for the heads up, but not using bebe_midtex :)

Here are the signed files.http://www.gol-clan.co.uk/keys.zip

Thanks R4IDER I will give these a go and report back :)

Sorry for the double post, but reporting back results. Cheers R4IDER now works a treat :) (once removing the sound file).

Thank you for your time and valuable input, greatly appreciated :)

So far the best map for A3 in my opinion, just amazing. thanks for your great work!

would be cool if the A1 buildings would all exchanged with the OA buildings which are enterable.

Had the problem with the lights too, then i realized the mappack was enabled twice, ingame and in the launcher.

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Awesome Island, thanks!

This is my favorite jungle island out of all the islands I've ever tried in Arma, as it has a nice realistic scale and style and lends its self to mission inspirations.

Some changes that I think would particularly make this island better would be the removal of Isla Duala as a dependency, the ambient sound fix (so it doesn't play on other islands) the completion of the road system, ground texture improvements (for towns and the jungle floor, though it's not as important as its usually covered by trees) and maybe some topographical tweaks in order to create some nice spots for fire-bases in the middle of the jungle.

I hope your work goes well on this island, whatever direction you choose to go with it!