soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

having a little bit fun with latest devbranch :) it was a little bit tricky to figure out memorypoint name for slingload as there are serious lacks in documentation but here we go. To avoid further question, I'm not sure how though how hard it be to make FFV poses though

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/sling_s.jpg

As always you cheer up our day! Awesome work!

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

To avoid further question, I'm not sure how though how hard it be to make FFV poses though

Shouldn't be too difficult according to:

We were actually about to make a announcement about this (it'll be in the next newsletter), but we strongly recommend all contestants to switch over to the Arma 3 Default branch for their development.

In the beginning of October, we will take the most recent build of Arma 3 on the Steam default branch, and make it a separate branch on Steam named ‘Make Arma Not War’. This branch will be used by MANW jury members to evaluate your entries, and is to make sure that future Arma 3 updates will not affect your creation.

Note that this means that some of Arma 3’s new features that are currently available in the Arma 3 Development Branch, and will be pushed to the Arma 3 Default Branch in the beginning of November with the Helicopters DLC (e.g. sling loading and firing from vehicles), should not be critical elements in your submission.

To switch between branches on Steam, right-click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library, select Properties, and click on the Betas tab. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate Steam branch.

The first part of the US side will be released at the same time as AFRF in October. It will not be as expansive as the Russian side at first but it will still have quite a few toys to play with.

In relation to this, we have all seen the bradley, the m1a1, the apache, the m4 etc. Are we to assume that those screenies we have seen on your fb page are ready to roll out, or are they being withheld from release?

having a little bit fun with latest devbranch :) it was a little bit tricky to figure out memorypoint name for slingload as there are serious lacks in documentation but here we go. To avoid further question, I'm not sure how though how hard it be to make FFV poses though

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/sling_s.jpg

Gah, buzzing with excitement!

BR,

Tom

In relation to this, we have all seen the bradley, the m1a1, the apache, the m4 etc. Are we to assume that those screenies we have seen on your fb page are ready to roll out, or are they being withheld from release?

Gah, buzzing with excitement!

BR,

Tom

Yes all the stuff you have seen will roll out.

Fantastic, can't wait.

I look forward to finally being able to smash out my TvT and blitzkrieg with some Russian tanks!

The first part of the US side will be released at the same time as AFRF in October. It will not be as expansive as the Russian side at first but it will still have quite a few toys to play with.

I'm starting to fear that the US side is panned to be a whipping boy or lumber in this mod. Let's hope I'm wrong, since for me this is the most wanted A3 mod ever. Цish you, guys, good luck and a lot of free time to work on your wonderful mod!

Thanks for your efforts chaps!

I'm starting to fear that the US side is panned to be a whipping boy or lumber in this mod. Let's hope I'm wrong, since for me this is the most wanted A3 mod ever. Цish you, guys, good luck and a lot of free time to work on your wonderful mod!

Thanks for your efforts chaps!

That is by far not the case. The content mismatch currently is only due to the fact that AFRF had years of head start and we simply dont have the manpower necessary to catch up to the same level. But we are still trying. The people working on USF are just as passionate about it as the AFRF team.

I'm starting to fear that the US side is panned to be a whipping boy

Heh, no. ;)

Just keep in mind that the mod has to be released by the end of October because of the MANW deadline, not because it's completely finished. More is planned, and more will come.

That is by far not the case. The content mismatch currently is only due to the fact that AFRF had years of head start and we simply dont have the manpower necessary to catch up to the same level. But we are still trying. The people working on USF are just as passionate about it as the AFRF team.

That's good to hear.

I think I speak for most people when we say don't rush, please take your time, perfection takes time, and by god is this conversion looking perfect so far!

An interesting aircraft you could study to include in the mod is the Kamov Ka226, which would benefit of the changing pod feature of the Taru from BI helicopters DLC ( the Reall one has medevac, search and rescue and other pods ) :

Russian-Air-Force-Kamov-KA-226T-Helicopter_26112.jpg

( RIA Novosti ) The Russian Air Force is to acquire up to 30 Kamov Ka-226 light helicopters for courier and communications duties by 2020

“By the end of January the (Torzhok) center will get four light Ka-226 helicopters. By 2020 we plan to buy 30 of them,†he said.

The force’s helicopter training center at Torzhok received 17 new machines in December 2011 including the Mi-28N, Mi-35, Mi-8MTV and Ka-52, he said.

Edited by MistyRonin

An interesting aircraft you could study to include in the mod is the Kamov Ka226, which would benefit of the changing pod feature of the Taru from BI helicopters DLC ( the Reall one has medevac, search and rescue and other pods ) :

http://xairforces.net/images/news/large_news/Russian-Air-Force-Kamov-KA-226T-Helicopter_26112.jpg

( RIA Novosti ) The Russian Air Force is to acquire up to 30 Kamov Ka-226 light helicopters for courier and communications duties by 2020

Now I know where BIS got their inspiration for one of the new helicopters that will be released in the near future

Now I know where BIS got their inspiration for one of the new helicopters that will be released in the near future

Well it has more from the CH54 ( cabin and main body ), but yeah it seems that the Ka226 was also used as a reference :)

Well it has more from the CH54 ( cabin and main body ), but yeah it seems that the Ka226 was also used as a reference :)

Actually it's as similar to the CH54 as it is to the Ka226 (it also differs from them), but the dual rotor and tail fins sell it as Ka226.

Actually it's as similar to the CH54 as it is to the Ka226 (it also differs from them), but the dual rotor and tail fins sell it as Ka226.

Well BI devs pointed in the CH54 direction in the last stream, but matters not in this thread.

The point is that the Ka226 would make a perfect vehicle for the RHS mod, and a good way to use the interchangable pod.

Leupold Mk. 4 (3.5-10x40mm) model by Gurdy, texture by Sabre.

LeupoldMk4s.jpg

Will we be able to use that range table?

Nope. Purely there for looks at the moment.

Edited by Sabre

This is pure epicness in its clearest form (in my opinnion) :D

should be the menu theme when the mod is loaded

Yea, my anticipation for this mod is through the roof. I personally can't wait to get my hands on the USAF portion of it :D

Very nice video, and loving the new goodies we get to see.

But damn that suspension is still so stiff and such a lack of reaction. Hope this is something that gets looked at if BI does another Arma.

Wow. Quality. You guys truly have your eye on the prize (i.e. €200,000).