soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Yeah top quality for sure, I am a bit surprised they haven't released many US images recently or something, you would think they would try to keep the hype up or something lol, then again they have their reasons most likely.

Anyways that PhysX stuff was labeled "testing" so I would chalk it up to not being exactly what will be in the final version, hopefully they resolve problems and all that stuff, that guy from Refined Vehicles is doing it, and he is really good.

On another note, is that scope the same on from the arma 2 DMR ?(I dont mean the model, I mean the actual scope).

Do your artists / modellers do this for a living?; Because they should. :eek:

Yeah top quality for sure, I am a bit surprised they haven't released many US images recently or something, you would think they would try to keep the hype up or something lol, then again they have their reasons most likely.

That's mainly my fault as some stuff got held up due to myself being away for a few weeks with Army and I wanted to hold off until we had some more of the pieces done to show together. However work on these has started again so it shouldn't be too long.

That said though we'd also like to keep some pieces as abit of a surprise too :)

Unsure of the stats of the A2 DMR scope but I believe it is a Leupold Mk4 series as well yes.

Will the Stryker family be included in the plans of the mod for the US faction?

I think it would be an interesting vehicle to add, specially with PiP ( for example the BLUFOR tracker, or the gunner position ).

Will the Stryker family be included in the plans of the mod for the US faction?

I think it would be an interesting vehicle to add, specially with PiP ( for example the BLUFOR tracker, or the gunner position ).

It's definitely planned--won't make it into first release, however. :(

It's definitely planned--won't make it into first release, however. :(

That's a shame. But I'm pretty sure that you'll make the wait worthwhile. :)

I think it's one of the vehicles that can benefit more from A3 new features. For instance firing from vehicles from the hatches or proper PiP. Besides being one of the most awesome weapon systems in RL.

Hey guys,

An update related to the US Army Infantry that I know quite a few of you have been waiting for. This time showing you the progress on the base ACH Covered model in UCP and OCP. There will be variants featuring different accessories and mounts attached to the helmets, these are being finalised now. There will also be an uncovered version of the helmet in various colours.

ACHones.jpg

ACHoneOCPs.jpg

ACH Covered model by Aardvarkdb, Textures by Sabre.

*faints*

Question: Are you guys going to thrown in the new Scorpion W2 aka "Operational Camouflage Pattern" for the US Army?

Edited by samyG

*faints*

Question: Are you guys going to thrown in the new Scorpion W2 aka "Operational Camouflage Pattern" for the US Army?

Probably not for this first release. Will add it in later though as it rolls out with the Army too.

Aardvarkdb+Sabre there can be only something good at the end ;).

But the whole team do an awesome job, thx guys for bringing us arma3 to a loved setting.

Really like those hlemets. Anyone can answer me if there are m4`s and m16`s in the first release.

Anyone can answer me if there are m4`s and m16`s in the first release.

Yes both of those will be in the first release. (M4, M4A1, M16A4)

Very nice video, and loving the new goodies we get to see.

But damn that suspension is still so stiff and such a lack of reaction. Hope this is something that gets looked at if BI does another Arma.

Let me tell you this:

You're not the only one who wants a better integration, documentation and function library....

Anyways that PhysX stuff was labeled "testing" so I would chalk it up to not being exactly what will be in the final version, hopefully they resolve problems and all that stuff, that guy from Refined Vehicles is doing it, and he is really good.

This testing yards is a good way to check if the basic stuff works. The "real" testing is always: Driving. And don't stop. I usually drive arounds several hours in every vehicle until I think it's good enough. I make changes throughout the run.

Edited by RedPhoenix

wow, so incredible!

anyway, do you have any plan to make USMC like marpat, imtv vest, etc?

Impressive texture detail as always.

Keep it up guys :)

I noticed in your teaser you guys have included the KamAZ 63968, is it going to be true to it's real life version (armored passenger compartment/not destroyable with a 6.5mm rifle/lose your tires to a 9mm)?

Unit757, I'm sure any of the vehicles they include will not have any of the issues of the usual ports we have been seeing, I mean take a look at those teasers! I'm sure they wouldnt put all that work in visually and with the physics if they didn't cover the game play aspects.

And it is good to see some US forces kit finally! Now if we could just see the rest :P This month is probably going to be the slowest month in Arma existance T_T

And it is good to see some US forces kit finally!

You can see some of their kit on this video:

Ya, I saw that video and it has me tickled for the flashbangs lol. And in that video, I had a hard time telling if we are finally getting some properly done IOTVs or if it was a reskin of the vanilla CPC.

I'm going to lean towards the IOTV is the standard set by these guys is any indication

Yea, I would love to see a screenshot of the US Army vests .

And in that video, I had a hard time telling if we are finally getting some properly done IOTVs or if it was a reskin of the vanilla CPC.

It does not looks like a reskin to me but a proper new soldier and gear model.

I've one question to the RU team.

Although being almost useless ( bad images, bulcky, etc. ), according to top Russian commanders, will the mod feature Pchtela UAVs?

It would make a nice addition. ( I didn't saw it in the teaser ).