soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

If you want to make SOF you can probably just throw a boonies and some chest rig on the rhs us units in arsenal...

That leads me to a question, are the "body models" of your clothes arma 2 shaped and only fit your vests?

Like it would be really sad if vests from say, russian units would be half clipped through arma 3 vanilla units because of some model thing.. Also I hope I can use vanilla vests with rhs uniforms..

From pics I've been seeing, creating an SOF class of units for the mod would require more than just some boonies. A lot of russian operators are favoring multicam and heavily accessorized and painted AKs.

Can't lie though, it'd be damn sexy to see down the road

This video is astonishing the level of detail is high :)

Can't wait to play with this.

Great video guys, lots off lovely toys to enjoy, and indeed loads of details like that shellcase ejection from that bmp3(i think)!

So is the initial release just going to be Russian content?

No. But there just might not be enough time to release a trailer for the US side.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Great video guys, lots off lovely toys to enjoy, and indeed loads of details like that shellcase ejection from that bmp3(i think)!

Sprut-SD

might not be enough time
, I like to hear that... hopefully it implies what I think :)

And yeah that shellcase thing was amazing, just another detail that makes it great, I was suprisingly wowed by it. Amazing work.

And yeah that shellcase thing was amazing, just another detail that makes it great, I was suprisingly wowed by it. Amazing work.

Yup, details are amazing, as allways, RHS make top work.

Awesome trailer, nice to see all this stuff in motion.

Yeah, it implies that the release will happen before October 28th, which we already knew. :p

Absolutely amazing! Will their be any TFAR or ACRE compatible radio backpacks in the mod? It would be a stellar addition.

Either way, this is the best. You guys are sure to win the MANW contest. The judges would be out of their minds not to have it so.

That trailer left me speechless and I have to say... a little moist.

I just gotta say, it's amazing what y'all are doing for the arma scene. We already have an outstanding modding community, but y'all have really shown the pinnacle of what this community can acheive.

I know undoubtably that y'all's efforts will not go unnoticed in the MANW contest, and I hope y'all as a team are able to celebrate your faces into oblivion when the mod is released.

So in short. Y'all kick some major fuckin ass

Was that a Gaz tiger I spotted at 2:41? Shit I hope that means y'all got a US equivalent for the US side, maybe some hmmwv's? :D

There are no words to describe how badass this mod Is, I been following you guys since I first got Arma, you never disappoint us, and now you guys went and created a U.S faction, This will be THE ultimate must have for everybody.

So in short. Y'all kick some major fuckin ass

What this guy said.

Wow. This is not even fair. A lot of people would pay for this content over stock A3. Great work goes to the team!

AIA+CUP+RHS = My hopes for eventually playing ArmA 3. I'm really not into the futuristic setting.

Hopefully CUP can map RHS units to the A2 infantry classes.

I really do hope a lot of mods start using RHS as a dependency, given that many factions use Russian equipment and vehicles. that would really reduce clutter. it would basically be just downloading extra textures for camo and then some units, but they use the RHS guns and vehicles

Will anything feature FFV (firing from vehicles) - or is there anything what could? (maybe blackhawk could have 2 more slots for infantry to shoot from sides?) - and are there any boat in the mod or in plans, I mean simple patrol boat like those in arma 3 now but our time (rhib maybe, don t known russian boats)?

Will anything feature FFV (firing from vehicles) - or is there anything what could? (maybe blackhawk could have 2 more slots for infantry to shoot from sides?) - and are there any boat in the mod or in plans, I mean simple patrol boat like those in arma 3 now but our time (rhib maybe, don t known russian boats)?

It is in the plans but seeing as it has only been showcased now, it is too early to tell.

@ Fadi - Thanks for noticing that! Should be fixed now :)

@Gruntin - yup, I'm not sure if it's going to be in first release but some GUI's for radios are planed. R-168-5KHE, R-397 or immortal soviet R-159 would be nice to have yet keep in mind we have limited resources to handle all those things (i.e. making rotorlib/FFV is definitely time consuming)

We all have to remember that Helicopters DLC will probably roll out in 2 weeks. AFoRF addon by RHS is going to be realesed in october(day?week?hour?). Doing all that FFV stuff takes a lot of time, so we will have to wait untill the next update... Nevertheless, it would be great to be able to shoot with AK\other gun from BMP\BTR from passenger seat through loopholes :D

Edited by Flippy_rage

If I'm not wrong, BI has already give the hints of how to code the FFV positions. Besides that it's already avaliable in the dev-branch.

It seems that the coding part shouldn't be a problem, but the animation one.

Anyway, I guess RHS will use vanilla retextured Kamaz, HEMTT, assault boat and AH6... so they have it already ( if not a retexture can always be faster than setting animations and would add the feature ).

About the rotorlib and sling load settings, probably can be copy&paste almost entirely from the vanilla, as their values are based on the real ones ( Ghosthawk = UH60, XH-9 = XH-6, Kajman = Hind, etc.; Mi8 could use the Mohawk, as the values would be similar ).

Edited by MistyRonin

If I'm not wrong, BI has already give the hints of how to code the FFV positions. Besides that it's already avaliable in the dev-branch.

It seems that the coding part shouldn't be a problem, but the animation one.

Anyway, I guess RHS will use vanilla retextured Kamaz, HEMTT, assault boat and AH6... so they have it already.

Its rather a problem of time and other things that are absolutely vital to be finished.

Anyway do not forget that shooting from a bench and through a BMP port are fundamentally different things (ball joint clamp). In anycase we have so many things to prep for the release its not even funny. If I think just about how much documentation has to be written I want to cry at night.

At the same time I am a little apprehensive about delivering the same amount of polish as everyone is used to with RHS. The October release will effectively be the public alpha test. We did not have time to effectively roll this out for large scale private testing like we'd hoped. But ok he its for free :P

Edited by Soul_Assassin

Anyway do not forget that shooting from a bench and through a BMP port are fundamentally different things (ball joint clamp). In anycase we have so many things to prep for the release its not even funny. If I think just about how much documentation has to be written I want to cry at night.

Yeah I can understand, it remembers me of how I felt the last weeks of my university projects ( the abuse of redbulls to keep going didn't helped either ).

In any case, even if you can't add anything, we can always mix some of the more "neutral" vanilla assets to take advantage of that features.

We ( at least I ) are grateful with whatever you can add. As for me the RHS will become the new basic standard in A3. So I can't be grateful enough with you :)

Edited by MistyRonin