soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Indeed, this was our first thought as well. But there is sometime before that makes a return as well.

Still enjoying this in Arma 2 just quietly, it's just so much more legit! Looking forward to release!

This mod for me is MOTY for sure! Can't wait to try it out.

Well, overall US AFV's in the mod should allways have good stabilization, this is how it is in reality.

Russian faction is more, hmmm, widespread here, some more modern tanks have relatively good stabilization, not that good as NATO ones but not much worse, some other tanks or vehicles are... well meh. :P

You can go and discuss it here: russiadefenceforums. People there would be more than happy to have good discussion about tanks, be it from west or east - as you seem to be an expert, right?

BTW Warsaw Pact soldiers used APCs at the time NATO soldiers were happy with trucks. Does it mean that NATO would lose eventual war? No. Both sides way back had magic red buttons turning cities into pile of radioactive ash.

I'm just patiently waiting for that EC635 to get released with the pack. <3

I know for a fact that I'll be pretty much forcing this on my guys and ditching the current Russian pack we use when it releases in full.

You can go and discuss it here: russiadefenceforums. People there would be more than happy to have good discussion about tanks, be it from west or east - as you seem to be an expert, right?

No thanks, I know that forum and it is complete waste of time, however I preffer more estimed forums, like СИЛРРОССИИ Форум Ñайта «Отвага» (where actually you can discuss with people that have deep knowledge of the subjects they discuss) for eastern side, and TankNet (also full of former or still serving tankers and enthusiasts with knowledge deeper than level of Wikipedia and Discovery Channel) for western. ;)

As for being an expert, big words, I try to avoid such titles. ;)

BTW Warsaw Pact soldiers used APCs at the time NATO soldiers were happy with trucks. Does it mean that NATO would lose eventual war? No. Both sides way back had magic red buttons turning cities into pile of radioactive ash.

This is obviously not truth. NATO had APC's, various versions, actually it is disputable if USSR acually invented IFV, because earlier, NATO also have vehicles that could be classified today as IFV's, for example Schützenpanzer Lang HS.30 which was mass manufactured before USSR fielded BMP-1.

Same goes for APC's, actually NATO had better tracked APC's before USSR had it's own for example American M59 and M75 which were direct predecessors of M113. The BTR-50 developed around the same time, was actually an ergonomic nightmare for troops it carried, and first versions didn't had a solid armored roof compared to M59 and M75.

USSR gained superiority and mainly in MBT's only, from the mid 60's to the late 70's, but NATO was not in complete disadvantage.

Nuclear war was also not exactly the preffered option fo both sides. ;)

As for the mod, I can only tell, that when the content will be finished, I think many people will appreciate US stuff more, and understand better some limitations of RU stuff.

Edited by Damian90

What EC635? Havn't seen it mentioned anywhere before.

As for the mod, I can only tell, that when the content will be finished, I think many people will appreciate US stuff more, and understand better some limitations of RU stuff.

I don't want to enter in the discussion.

But you can't say that a war can be win or lose due to technical advantages. The discipline, morale, skill, etc. summarizing the human factor is practically always more important than the technical factor. Good examples are Vietnam, the first Chechen War, etc. Or both the First and the Second World Wars

But you can't say that a war can be win or lose due to technical advantages. The discipline, morale, skill, etc. summarizing the human factor is practically always more important than the technical factor. Good examples are Vietnam, the first Chechen War, etc. Or both the First and the Second World Wars

I think what he means is more people will use the US faction as their player faction and the Russians as the enemy. (Be it as custom rebels or insurgents or the Russians themselves.) I know I cant wait for both sides to remove a lot of extra addons that are doing the same things.

Edit: This is the Arma 3 that I've been looking for and trying to create with a lot of addons.

Let me fix your statement :

Edit: This is the Arma 3 that I've been looking for since day one

:)

It is so beautiful what you are doing!

It is for when the release of the mod ? I can't wait !

On the other hand, a question, you plan to integrate the MI-24 Superhind ? this : http://st.gdefon.com/wallpapers_original/wallpapers/244738_mi-24_-super-hind-mk_-vertolyot_1600x1064_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg

Russian army is not using Super Hind like the BF Bad Company shows :D

They use Mi24 VM aka Mi35M /for export/ and Mi24 PN

Edited by RobertHammer

Everything is important both human factor and technology factor.

BTW Vietnam was in military way, won by USA, they lost in politics and propaganda that forced them to retreat despite a fact that USA successfully destroyed Vietcong during Tet offensive, and forced NVA to retreat, and actually US won every battle they fought in Vietnam.

As for WWII, meh, I know this is blasphemy in some circles, but IIIrd Reich never had the best tanks or best aircraft, it's a popular myth, but only myth. ;)

I think what he means is more people will use the US faction as their player faction and the Russians as the enemy. (Be it as custom rebels or insurgents or the Russians themselves.) I know I cant wait for both sides to remove a lot of extra addons that are doing the same things.

No, actually you will enjoy both factions, but both factions might be unique in some aspects. ;)

sorry to burst your bubble, but your waiting might be a bit long because it's simply not going to happen :)

Sorry for offtopic:

BTW Vietnam was in military way, won by USA, they lost in politics and propaganda that forced them to retreat despite a fact that USA successfully destroyed Vietcong during Tet offensive, and forced NVA to retreat, and actually US won every battle they fought in Vietnam.

Well, yes, true they won but only with the use of weapons of mass destruction! Agent orange, and similar, labeled as "herbicides", but in fact, chemical weapons. Resulted in at least one million of dead + countless of maimed.

As for WWII, meh, I know this is blasphemy in some circles, but IIIrd Reich never had the best tanks or best aircraft, it's a popular myth, but only myth.

While the Panther was considered as MBT rather than a medium tank, it was still the best tank of the war. The Königstiger was also the best heavy tank. Jagdpanther was the best tank destroyer. XXI class submarines were also far superior to anything (I know they came too late) Me-262 was the best interceptor...

Well, yes, true they won but only with the use of weapons of mass destruction! Agent orange, and similar, labeled as "herbicides", but in fact, chemical weapons. Resulted in at least one million of dead + countless of maimed.

Hard to agree, if someone carefully dig through history. ;)

While the Panther was considered as MBT rather than a medium tank, it was still the best tank of the war. The Königstiger was also the best heavy tank. Jagdpanther was the best tank destroyer. XXI class submarines were also far superior to anything (I know they came too late) Me-262 was the best interceptor...

Again hard to agree, today actually the view about these weapon systems is very different. Actually design of German AFV's at that time was completely idiotic. This is opinion very common among engineers interested in this subject. ;)

well i may be a day late and a dollar short, but great to see RHS back in action.! Just watched your latest video and this may just get me into A3!

Russia STRONK!!!!

Now, I have to ask this although I fear what the answer will be but:

Will this mod include only russians and americans or will it feature our beloved CDF and CHKDZ vehicles too where possible, or will it at least be possible for others to make them as sort of "external modules"?

I mean after all, the russians need someone to shoot at apart from ze americans

Hi there

Trying to watch the trailer, and it's throwing an error on youtube.

Pretty sure it's not my side and other youtube vids seem to be playing ok.

Wondering if theres a location restriction?

Thanks

E

From what I can see it's not on the Facebook page...

Edit: Just seemed to come to life on the MANW page.

Very impressive, great trailer!

Looking forward to the release.

Now, I have to ask this although I fear what the answer will be but:

Will this mod include only russians and americans or will it feature our beloved CDF and CHKDZ vehicles too where possible, or will it at least be possible for others to make them as sort of "external modules"?

I mean after all, the russians need someone to shoot at apart from ze americans

I think it's only Russian and US Forces thus far. I would love to see a pro-NATO and pro-Russian faction with perhaps older, Soviet-era equipment though like you mentioned. But I don't think that should be the focus of the team at this present time.

Hi there

Trying to watch the trailer, and it's throwing an error on youtube.

Pretty sure it's not my side and other youtube vids seem to be playing ok.

Wondering if theres a location restriction?

From what I can see it's not on the Facebook page...

Edit: Just seemed to come to life on the MANW page.

Very impressive, great trailer!

Looking forward to the release.

There is no restriction RHS set. So my bet is that there is something between you and youtube.

I think it's only Russian and US Forces thus far. I would love to see a pro-NATO and pro-Russian faction with perhaps older, Soviet-era equipment though like you mentioned.

Simply put, there is so much equipment that is in use by both US and RUS that there is work to be done for a looong time if we'd want to put all of it in the game. Besides, afaik, CDF and CDKDZ are not really part of the current armaverse. On the other hand, some of those vehicles are russians, so you never know ;)

From the looks of your recent trailer on armaholic all I can say is wow, it looks great guys you all deserve a beer when its out.. I would get it for you but.. I don't know where you are :P So buy one for yourselves :D

Really looking forward to this pack!

We will be hosting a public Zeus TvT server specifically geared for this mod.

And additionally rolling a Coop game mode out.

Got it all ready just need dis mod!