soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

We would like too eventually, but they would be a fair way off considering how much we would still like to cover for the Army.

We would like too eventually, but they would be a fair way off considering how much we would still like to cover for the Army.

IMO just USMC infantry ( helmet, simple vest, uniform; or even a US army vest with MARPAT ) with RHS standards would be really cool, as the light weapons the USMC use are practically the same as the Army. Obviously after the release!

In fact even if you made a placeholder just adding MARPAT to a US army soldier would be cool enough.

They could always use the vanilla M-ATV and the assault boat.

I don't know if it's been asked, but how are you guys planning to do magnified optics... an overlay like Arma 2 or similar to how Arma 3 stock optics are?

I hope they'll be in 2D! The sway on the 3D scopes is too much for me. I love how TMR's done it.

I hope they'll be in 2D! The sway on the 3D scopes is too much for me. I love how TMR's done it.

Don't think the sway has anything to do with scopes being 3D.

ACOG type scopes are 3D. Scopes such as 1P29 and similar that feature a rubber eye cover/protection are 2D, since you can't use both eyes on this sort of optic.

It would be cool to have the Russian Navy's texture for the Su25:

http://basilzolotov.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/su-25utg-11r-x.png (148 kB)

Here in the Admiral Kuznetsov:

http://www.suchoj.com/ab1953/Su-33/images/Su-33_Su-25UTG_04.jpg (177 kB)

Those are Su-25UTG - They are unarmed trainer for carrier landings.

What I mean is that on the 3D scopes, when shouldered and looking down the sights, the scope is swaying instead of the whole screen - I find it really annoying. I would be okay with it if the scopes were fixed to screen center, but they're not.

Here's how TMR did it, which in my opinion is amazing:

Look when he's shooting too.

What I mean is that on the 3D scopes, when shouldered and looking down the sights, the scope is swaying instead of the whole screen - I find it really annoying. I would be okay with it if the scopes were fixed to screen center, but they're not.

Here's how TMR did it, which in my opinion is amazing:

Look when he's shooting too.

While I partially agree with Taosani in video, his statements aren't entirely accurate. Using a scope mean you're having to adjust your eye and your weapon. Sometimes your weapon is off and you need to adjust your weapon. This means that your weapon IS moving independently from your eye. However, when you shoot, your entire body is dealing with the shock of the recoil which makes your head jerk a bit as well. A trained eye, however, would have little difficulty reacquiring its target. To put it in layman's terms, arma 3's 3d scopes are plenty realistic (they may be more if you have DOF on, I don't know if that changes the blurriness of things outside the scope).

Since the special Make arma not war branch of the game contains weapon inertia, are you guys planning on adding it on your weapons for the first release or is there not enough time (I dont know how difficult/much work it would be)?

I believe inertia is like 3 or 4 config lines, I'm not going to speak for them, but I think its safe to assume they will, they may have done it already, its been on dev for a long while now.

Is the Russian Army still using the pilotka as their summer cap like the Soviet Union did ?

I think that nowadays it's only used by the navy and the air force, but I'm not sure.

These are supposed to be the actual uniforms.

178388306.jpg

Any chance of USMC units? Post-release of course.

I can neither confirm, nor deny, any plans for inclusion of USMC units into RHS: USF

I can neither confirm, nor deny, any plans for inclusion of USMC units into RHS: USF

Are you Gaben? That sounds like you're pulling an HL3.

From this same thread:

*Don't tank this as a sign that we are including the USMC in the first patch--it's already finished, so I have no intention of holding onto it.

If they made a USMC tank, would make sense that they would include at some point the USMC. But that's my opinion.

Edited by MistyRonin
adding underline

From this same thread:

If they made a USMC tank, would make sense that they would include at some point the USMC. But that's my opinion.

They will, but it won't be in the first patch. But anyway we have NB's USMC while we wait, which are very good imo

Hmmm I forsee that this is the "calm before the storm" by the RHS team... Maybe just maybe...

The download mirrors are going to fucking explode.

My head is going to fucking explode, too!:pet13:

Seriously this will be awesome!

Has there been any mention of parachutes? There's nothing better than a sky of paratroopers.

One of few positive memories from BF3, actually, at 5:45 in this clip :(

Also, the Growler and the DPV for the US side would be sooo much fun :D

Edited by rzon

Look at RHS facebook page. ;) There is nice new addition shown there.

Look at RHS facebook page. ;) There is nice new addition shown there.

10710874_874436672569327_4078798587014749303_n.jpg?oh=6c67752575a5b193cec9922bba109046&oe=54BCD343&__gda__=1420494846_b1f5a909e7ecea96be828e458f801675

Them top attack Javelins... :cool:

There'd better be a FGM-172 SRAW too if you guys actually do add USMC units later on.