alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

I *think* "verticle_ponds.pbo" is an attempted work around that the map makers used to get ponds ABOVE the level of the sea. By removing it you will be removing this water, but mind you it's only water found at a certain elevation, hence why the "water line" bug shows up at a certain elevation. It will not affect the rivers, etc. Rather than delete it just move it out of the "addons" folder so you can experiment.

And yes, Clafghan is my #1 favorite map :)

to fix clafghan is similar to what you stated, you need to delete a PBO file that is called "Collums_verticalponds" or something like that

little question maybe its just me or its my imagination but wasn't Takistan more sandy / greyish ? it looks like a pretty lush green land with the newest A3MP (from the air at least)

I noticed this too. It's too blueish/Mediterranean, rather than brownish/desert. Even then, it looks better than BIS default from A2.

Even then, it looks better than BIS default from A2.

I second that. I like it lush... ;)

Anyone else gets occasional fog? Even though I don't use weather addons/scripts?

ah i understand now thank you. haha i know i love that map its been killing me to play on that map again.. i just hope that there are Missions out there for Arma 3 Clafghan. Nothing better then taking either the two routes out of the base and go on a long ass patrol ride and get attacked... Driving is way to fun if u take the first left out of the base.. going up the snowy mountain ... had so many times where i was Towing a car and end up flying off a cliff and blowing up haha

Heh! Try and take a HEMTT convoy over that road! I'm working on a fairly elaborate mission for A3/Clafghan but I haven't felt it was up to snuff to release it yet. If you want a go on it sometime drop me a PM.

I've got IEDs and roadside ambushes of insurgents up those hills too so you really need a car running point with a VERY good spotter on the gun. I'm working on a fairly elaborate mission for A3/Clafghan but I haven't felt it was up to snuff to release it yet. If you want a go on it sometime drop me a PM. :)

Anyone else can't get the ID's in the editor on Utes?

Edit: Nevermind, I need to zoom in more.

Edited by L3TUC3

While 10mb was an exaggeration I much prefer 428mb to 5gb

http://i.imgur.com/B2qVZ6M.png

I don't know how did you do to get those numbers, but my update time was coherent with them. I'm a believer now :).

Truth is, most of the files you can find in A3MP pretty much you can find in your Arma 2 game pbos anyways. If you unpbo some stuff, they pretty much match the same. You don't need to download an entire 5 GB chunk, its unnecessary. Not everything is updated. A simple patch of what's change is good enough, not some mega redownload of 5 GB of chunk while majority of the files are the same.

I don't know how did you do to get those numbers, but my update time was coherent with them. I'm a believer now :).

Form PWS itself,or by downloading the mod from everywhere you can or want (torrent,http,etc) and then look at the "Last modified" date of the files,just regular Windows "procedures" :).....that's why someone of us,sometimes,say something...because someone of us,sometime,knows something and wants to share that "knowledge" with others :)

Edited by DieTU

Form PWS itself.....

Yes I get that, but to the best of my abilities I coudn't find how. I generally don't get the whole PWS interface, to me it goes against all the Windows conventions, and that's what always kept me off of it. Lately though, someone explained to me how to use the basic functionality, and now I love the addon maintenance it provides, so a I finally fell for it.

little question maybe its just me or its my imagination but wasn't Takistan more sandy / greyish ? it looks like a pretty lush green land with the newest A3MP (from the air at least)

It's not you. And it's because A3MP is using the wrong midrange textures for Takistan.

A fix would be nice if you have the time Alduric. Already did it for myself, but a public one would be cool.

It's not you. And it's because A3MP is using the wrong midrange textures for Takistan.

A fix would be nice if you have the time Alduric. Already did it for myself, but a public one would be cool.

I like Alduric's version better. I thought is was the A3 engine, now I fear Alduric "fixes" it. Maybe he could do a poll?

I like Alduric's version better. I thought is was the A3 engine, now I fear Alduric "fixes" it. Maybe he could do a poll?

Me too. Takistan has never been more beautiful.

@UP

Can you guys show me this on screen?

Sure. Let's put the handy screenshots comparator to use.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/66313

Mouse out = Wrong Takistan midrange textures ( A3MP standard ones )

Mouse over = Right Takistan midrange textures ( ArmA 2 ones, how it's supposed to be from a personal standpoint )

I don't mind lush & green, but Takisan is supposed to be a somewhat desertic zone. And i'm a purist, i love original maps in their original state, sue me.

Since people seems to like both, maybe you could make an optional file. It's not like it's a massive amount of work or anything.

Edited by Drakenof

I have to check this, but agree - its a mistake bug. " Mouse over " is much better - Its desert guys.

Could you explain a little further for the ones who know nothing about map structure in the RV engine, what exactly do you mean by "right" and "wrong"? Is resolution (and hence quality) involved? All I know is Taki looks like an A3 map now. Never thought it would blend so good with the new engine.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

I have to check this, but agree - its a mistake bug. " Mouse over " is much better - Its desert guys.

Oh please no. I hate you Drakenof :).

The ACR maps in Arma 3. Many thanks! I love those green maps.

Could you explain a little further for the ones who know nothing about map structure in the RV engine, what exactly do you mean by "right" and "wrong"? Is resolution (and hence quality) involved? All I know is Taki looks like an A3 map now. Never thought it would blend so good with the new engine.

Oh please no. I hate you Drakenof :).

Did you look at his screenshots? The right mid-range textures make it look right, but miraculously, it's still in Arma 3, and still looks just as good (better).

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

The ACR maps in Arma 3. Many thanks! I love those green maps.

Agreed. Amazing stuff Alduric.

Did you look at his screenshots? The right mid-range textures make it look right, but miraculously, it's still in Arma 3, and still looks just as good (better).

Both screeshots look like crap to me. They're not pretty. If I were to decide by them, I'd say the difference is negligible and irrelevant, but I love how this map looks in my game, and that's why I was asking for more details on the subject. It's like, you know, "If ain't broken, don't fix it" situation for me.

While trying to install the new version of A3MP on our server I get the following error message:

Conflicting addon ca_animals2_dogs_pastor in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_dogs_pastor\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cawheeled_e in 'a3mp_dummy\cawheeled_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_animals2_rabbit in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_rabbit\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_g36 in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_g36\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon catracked_e in 'a3mp_dummy\catracked_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_maaws in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_maaws\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cacharacters_e in 'a3mp_dummy\cacharacters_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_m110 in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_m110\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_scar in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_scar\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cawater2_destroyer in 'a3mp_dummy\cawater2_destroyer\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_animals2_wildboar in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_wildboar\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_ammoboxes in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_ammoboxes\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_modules_functions in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_modules_functions\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'

I deleted the old version before I installed the new one.

Any hints whats going wrong?

Thanks for your good work, keep it up!

In Takistan (not sure if this issue persists in other maps) some floor materials do not have audible footstep sounds. This means that on certain textures on the ground or sometimes in buildings, you can't hear footsteps (but can still hear your unit's gear moving around from moving). A good example is a greyish dirt in the southern-most airfield. Whereas the tan dirt/sand has audible footsteps. You'll notice the transition of having footstep sounds from walking on one type of dirt and then no footstep sounds on the other.

Both screeshots look like crap to me. They're not pretty.

No shit. They aren't supposed to be pretty in the slightest, but to prove my point about midrange textures. Besides what you are looking at is the game maxed out, except view distance, that's ArmA 3 for you.

and that's why I was asking for more details on the subject

What details ? By the looks of it A3MP doesn't use A2 Takistan midrange textures. That's it. That's all there's to know whatsoever. If you're still not convinced for some reasons you're free to make your own researchs.

If Alduric makes a fix or something, you're also free to not install it. See ? It isn't that hard.

Edited by Drakenof

What details ?

Details like, will the "right" version use lower quality A2 something? Or, does the "wrong" version is using A3 quality something that will be downgraded by the fix?