Eric J, if you are going to stop modding, before you do, could you port over the M32 Multi-Shot Grenade launcher from ARMA2 please? I am really enjoying your work. I remember using some of your work in OFP/VBS1.

Edited by Wansec_6

Any chance for a ACR / Magpul Masada? :)

It's been requested through other channels and I'll probably do something like that, though I assume the other channel is looking for the same thing. "Down the road" would be a good answer for now as I'd have to create a new weapon, but that's just a part of modding that I do like sometimes, creating new things than relying on a port to get things done.

Thanks Eric, these new weapons are great. I would really appreciate it though of the M107 could be tuned a bit. As with the NATOSF one, the problem is that when used with the weapon resting mods, it is possible to put a full clip on target even when firing at long distances through a scope. I imagine in real life, even with a bipod, the recoil of the weapon would be disruptive enough to force a second or so to get one's eye, scope and the target all lined up again. I'm not anywhere near an expert on this, so anyone can feel free to correct me, but I would think that something like
would be about as fast as one could fire with reasonable accuracy through a scope at any real distance.

Honestly I don't see it with TMR. Even with the bipod rest activated I still get some jump on prone (I think it's a mixture of the prone values AND the bipod resting scripts) firing, depending on weapon. Unfortunately I haven't fired a real Barret to compare the GM6 Lynx values I used to real life, or I would have adjusted them accordingly. And the A2 values for some reason don't jive with A3, so I had to use the GM6 values. Whether or not its realistic I don't know but I'm sure some people who have fired the weapon can chime in and sort it out.

Love your work.....I am trying to import your mod into LEA and all of your updates allowed me to without an issue until this update. The M107 and the LLR are missing the mags. The guns appear but not the ammo. Did you do something different this time around with the config file?

Eric J, if you are going to stop modding, before you do, could you port over the M32 Multi-Shot Grenade launcher from ARMA2 please? I am really enjoying your work. I remember using some of your work in OFP/VBS1.

Thanks I had fun with that too and miss it a bit, but due to the high cost I may not look into VBS3 in the future, but I'll see.

I think people are getting confused with me saying I'm taking a break. The last three sniper rifles sorta wore me out (spent hours getting the configs to work as well as J-SERE playing in-between) so... I've thought of the M32 (as well as the other hand held GLs) but I'm expecting some teething troubles with them in A3 so maybe tomorrow I'll start working on... something but here's what I've considered (and been requested so far):

- Salient Arms International slide with cutout Doctor sight for a Glock 17 I can port over.

- Mk20 (Sniper rifle version of the SCAR.

- HK416

- M240 (A2 port)

- ACR of some variant (though it seems like the Magpul version is probably preferred).

@iamdecatur: Is this through VAS or the ammobox you're getting this problem? Or what type of role are you using?

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

And I did quick test through VAS and I was able to select one of my weapons and magazines, so not sure what the issue is...

+1 On HK416 and ACR! Hope you do take a break, everyone needs em! Also do you only do western weapons or would you take Eastern weapon requests?

Well, there are already 416s out there in the R3F weapons and massi's NATO pack and pretty sure Alwarren posted some screens of an ACR that he was doing. If I can throw my two cents in, maybe put some weapons in the game that aren't already available e.g. a M40A5, G36, launchers, or something outside the box.

Well R3F's ones lack in qaulity and I guess we could wait for the ACR, but a different varient would be nice. The G36 has already been made as well so no need for that.

Hey Eric,

nice update there, love the new Snipers. In my opinion there is too much of this smoke shooting the HE Rounds

Re: Eastern bloc weapons

The most I've been approached was (I guess) for a vanilla AK-47 though I do want to try and to a "tactical" one (DoubleTapper has some good furniture for one, and well... I am a Strike Back TV show fan) but that's to add to the list of One I'm Contemplating On Doing.

And agreed, I thought that project was going on with the ACRs so I've kinda held back (though other channels may not agree) and need to build up a reference library via Google to start even planning one out.

And.... yeah forgot what I was going to say... that's right. The HK416 has been done that I consider it like an M4. In every weapon pack there's a freakin M4. Don't get me wrong I've had one when I was in the military and it's never failed me when it counts, but with so many M4s its like a fork, no matter how many times it's done, it's a fork. Though I may wane towards the 416 due to I have a model (and may do the proper stock, the UBR was for J-SERE and I just was being lazy and well, was proud how it looks right now). And besides Robert Hammer's M4s are so well done (okay some nitpicks, got it) that if I think of them for A3, I think RHM4.

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Re: Smoke for HE rounds

that is a BIS issue, the most I did with the rounds was simply adding this:

explosive=1;

That in the CfgAmmo makes the round explosive, the effects are either due to BlastcoreA3 (which I use) or A3 effects.

congratulations for the work on this mod. If it was possible, could you provide the keys files for servers ?

thanking you in advance. :)

Shoot, I keep forgetting about keys. My clan server admin has been busy so I can't get with him on doing so.

However, if you download through Play With Six you can get it with server keys as I just don't know how to do such a thing yet.

I agree about the M4's, but I believe we just want to see a 416 with your attention to detail. No disrespect to massi, I use his work all the time, but his 416s just seem to be reskinned old m4 models.

I'm not going to go cray cray (or crazy) on the AK's I need to remind everybody. Due to availability most will be (Well all will be) A2 ports simply because well.. they made them available and secondly that personal interest in doing a "tactical" version. There are so many mounts on the market that Double Tapper sold me the most as far as something simple but effective. so tomorrow.... AK47 for starters.

Edited by EricJ

I have a few issues with this mod in its RC14 form (I am sure your future updates will address these) and I also have a few suggestions.....

The Ultimax's ROF is extremely low, and I am not a fan of the modeling and texturing of the weapons, and the sounds are that of the BIS default ArmA 2 M4, well to be honest I never really cared for the Ultimax as a weapon anyway but that's my 2 cents.

As for the L115A3 LRR, I have been waiting a long time for someone to make a decent or even a good port of the L155 to ArmA III. The sounds are decent however it is missing the bolt action sounds and the suppressed sounds as there is not a suppressor for it yet. I can help with that information as well as 2 different types of .338 Lapua ammo this is currently fielded. I will post links below....

.338 Lapua Magnum Suppressor - aac_titan-ti_1.jpg

AX338 un-suppressed Video for Raw Audio capture (yes I know this is not an L115A3 however its the same barrel, bolt, reciever, and muzzle break from the L115 with a different stock and rail attachment system, it will sound identical) -

L115A3 Titan TI suppressed video for Raw Audio Capture -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZ2v8KXK3E

3 types of ammunition fielded for the L115A3/AX338 -

Standard .338 - Lapua 300 grain OTMBT (Open Tip Match Boat Tail) Scenar round [*please note that while websites will advertise this as a hollow point round which military forces under NATO policies can not use, this is NOT a hollow point, its an OTM which is a reverse cannelured round that is not banned by NATO.

Armor Piercing Incendiary .338 - Lapua 253 Grain API (Armor Piercing Incendiary) round

Both of the bullets above have their ballistic tables referenced here - http://www.lapua.com/view_product_tables.php?product=23〈=en&siteid=products#tables

"Subsonic" .338 Round - (The CorBon round is used by special warfare operators when a .338 suppressor is attached, again this is a reverse cannelured round not a Hollow Point) CorBon 300 grain OTMBT (Open Tip Match Boat Tail) round

http://www.corbon.com/corboncart/corbon/performance/rifle/pm338s300-20

Okay there was more reference (and thought) for the Barret to be suppressed and honestly I didn't realize (I thought it could be) suppressed. I'll check the table and adjust the values (okay... I used Wikipedia) but will check out the tables and go for the best round "type".

Round types. I'll have to mess with the CfgAmmo and see what I can do for the API as well as the other types. I had more ready access to the Barret ammo than the Lapua ammo (plus I had other stuff in the way) and made plans to do a search.

Sounds. I used the A2 sounds (AS50) so it was a good stand-in for now. It should be noted I have a (believe it or not) limited sound library, with some generous sounds donated by taumargin, which I may add are good sounds. Sure they need some volume adjustment but overall I'm very impressed by the quality. So if he donates (or somebody does) some good sounds I'm obviously welcoming any.

Re: Ultimax 100 ROF

I'm getting "Its too high, its too low" and "500 rpm" is what I'm settling on. For some reason BIS doesn't make it simple like a "ROF=500;" thing so basically it's a hit or miss when setting the ROF fire rate for weapons. I think it's okay and I don't want it to be a zip gun but don't want to make it sluggish either. So for now I'm sticking with what I have as no matter how its adjusted it's never "right" and just roll with it.

Edited by EricJ

Okay there was more reference (and thought) for the Barret to be suppressed and honestly I didn't realize (I thought it could be) suppressed. I'll check the table and adjust the values (okay... I used Wikipedia) but will check out the tables and go for the best round "type".

Round types. I'll have to mess with the CfgAmmo and see what I can do for the API as well as the other types. I had more ready access to the Barret ammo than the Lapua ammo (plus I had other stuff in the way) and made plans to do a search.

Sounds. I used the A2 sounds (AS50) so it was a good stand-in for now. It should be noted I have a (believe it or not) limited sound library, with some generous sounds donated by taumargin, which I may add are good sounds. Sure they need some volume adjustment but overall I'm very impressed by the quality. So if he donates (or somebody does) some good sounds I'm obviously welcoming any.

Re: Ultimax 100 ROF

I'm getting "Its too high, its too low" and "500 rpm" is what I'm settling on. For some reason BIS doesn't make it simple like a "ROF=500;" thing so basically it's a hit or miss when setting the ROF fire rate for weapons. I think it's okay and I don't want it to be a zip gun but don't want to make it sluggish either. So for now I'm sticking with what I have as no matter how its adjusted it's never "right" and just roll with it.

The rate of fire for the Ultimax is just about right. There is no need to change it and I dont know why people are saying its too low or too high, unless they have fired that gun and actually serve in the Singapore armed forces. PS. I have served and a reserve now. And Eric, I think the Ultimax with 30 round mag has a bug, it seems to have the muzzle flash on permanently.

Hrm.... That is because I didn't put that in the model.cfg... strange I didn't catch that. I'll upload a new version, standby

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jitqhsv9mp6tzho/%40U100RC14.7z

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Fixed Shadow lod error with HK417s, now show the vertical grips

Added the U100 30-magazine to the Model.cfg

Updated RC14 frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

At first let me thank you for your great weapons mod. In my opinion it is the best out there when it comes to quality meeting quantity.

However, I am having some trouble with the L115's accuracy. hitting targets at above 600m is basically completely down to luck atm, which is a shame because I really loved this weapon back in A2 and was waiting for someone to do a proper port. Other than that a "clean" version of it would be great as well.

Hi again EricJ

Could i trouble you to post the modlist you use. And to be more specific, in what order they are. I seem to have some problems with how i have installed TMR, so when i have that mod on (at least the version and order i have it installed in), then there is no recoile what so ever with your weapons fx. SCAR-H long barrel. Properly the same as Shadow_MSOG has experienced. So i don't think its a problem with your mod, but a problem with TMR or one of its versions.

ps was tested with RC14 update1