After finding a sound on SoundBible.com, I adjusted it the sound for a value of db20. Since I've never fired the real weapon in real life... any thoughts or adjustments?

Honestly, not really digging the Barrett sounds too much:

Or the 417 buttstock, but that's just a small nit pick:

http://pro-patria.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Aussie417-1.31293352_std.jpg

Besides for those two things, and the plastic plate missing on the bottom of the mk.17 mags:

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/accessories/carbines/scar-17-magazine-nato/

everything else is pretty much squared away. Really great weapons pack man, good work.

Edited by LIMA_KILO
Added Reference Links

Yeah the sounds are WIP at this time

I chose to go with the UBR buttstock since it was already complete on another weapon.

As said in the PM, the mags are a low priority for now.

This to me is the best weapons pack so far. The active development and response to user feedback has done wonders to the end result you've been able to achieve here Eric. Great work!

This to me is the best weapons pack so far. The active development and response to user feedback has done wonders to the end result you've been able to achieve here Eric. Great work!

+1 to that

Re: Barret sound:

I finally watched the video and for right now the SoundBible.com version will have to suffice. Unfortunately the one I have was taken in the open air on a desert with some reverb from the area I guess. And it's very much different than the one being fired from the top of the mountain, etc. So I'm not really happy with it either and find alternate sources.

Edited by EricJ

Roger that. Personally I think the Barrett in the R3F pack has it pretty close just as a reference, but no worries. I know you'll do a good job.

Edited by LIMA_KILO

I think (and probably wrong) but it may be the ARMA 2 sound, but for now I settled on the GM6 Lynx sounds for the meantime.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Been tweaking the Barret ammo-wise and going through the config from A3 I have these types of magazines so far:

- Standard Ball

- SLAP

- HE

After watching that video tried to resize the Barret a bit:

wip248.jpg

wip249.jpg

wip250.jpg

And the HE rounds on Blastcore. Unfortunately at the time the weapon wasn't properly zeroed at the time so after adjusting the rounds i finally blew up the car I was shooting at (weapon is fixed, just have to take it to the range... tomorrow).

wip252.jpg

wip253.jpg

Noticed a wierd bug with the mod.

With your @U100 mod activated I cannot hear certain people with weapons. I.e. Massi's Machine guns M240 for instance.

With U100 deactivated all is good ?

Any ideas ?

Not just me experiencing btw...

Edited by serjames

Alright... finally got the basic M24 (Desert), and Desert LRR and Woodland LRR in-game and working. Yes I did include the M24 but they will have the default scopes from A2 (The M24 and the LRRs). I may do a "clean" LRR (was planning on it before configgery took me a few hours to get working) but not making that a priority as I have to cool off from the annoyance of getting a scoped weapon into the game right.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Noticed a wierd bug with the mod.

With your @U100 mod activated I cannot hear certain people with weapons. I.e. Massi's Machine guns M240 for instance.

With U100 deactivated all is good ?

Any ideas ?

Not just me experiencing btw...

I have no idea what's causing this issue to be honest with you as the only vanilla sounds used in the pack are the EBR (now) and the MX sounds. Ar you using a sound mod (JSRS or SOS?)

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

And the M24 got some kind of upgrade, the ability to mount a silencer:

wip254.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jitqhsv9mp6tzho/%40U100RC14.7z

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Added the M24 Desert (A2 Port with the ability to mount the BIS Suppressor, and the Sure Fire suppressors. I know it's not "realistic" but I just don't feel like doing another suppressor especially battling the config)

- Added the LRR Desert (A2 BAF port with Lapua ammo, not just another .50 cal like the A2 version was. I'm sure I got some ballistics right but...)

- Added the LRR Woodland (Same as above)

- Added the M107 (with HE, SLAP, and Ball magazines), an A2 port and resized slightly to look much better.

- Updated some furniture on the HK417.

- Tweaked the hand position on the 417 from the last since it wasn't really cool to me either. I can stand foregrips but not magazine holds, just a peeve of mine.

- The Woodland LRR and Desert versions have the same UI pics. Yes I know but that was from the BAF PBO (A2 APL from Armaholic)

- Tweaked the db settings on the SCARs, increasing it a bit more so it'll sound louder (should be better, I haven't tested them actually but should be better).

Known issues:

- Sound cancellation due to my pack... I have no clue as to what causes this. If its with a sound pack then that may be the reason, but after a tweak I haven't had any issue on the J-SERE server that I'm aware of.

Thanks, after getting the last three sniper rifles configured and after endless errors and it finally works... I didn't know what to do after things started to work.

We got Lsws ,rifles,snipers all in this pack……if you dont want to make some pistols,I think now the pack is perfect,mateï¼

Robert Hammer has already made some good pistols so no thanks I think I can take another breather from modding again.

Do you mind if I notify withsix that you released an update so they can update theirs? sry should have just PM ya

No worries and be my guest.

Many thanks again for the work you've put in to get this weapon pack and I dont believe Im alone in saying this, so again thanks. And did I read right that your gunna take a breather from modding?

Yeah probably for a couple of days to see where the mod is at, as I noticed an error with the HK417 myself earlier (no vertical grip in the shadow) but so far it seems stable so maybe try and see where the issue is with the sound cancelling out.

Really like your mod. I'm using your SCAR a lot :)

RC14 frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Eric, these new weapons are great. I would really appreciate it though of the M107 could be tuned a bit. As with the NATOSF one, the problem is that when used with the weapon resting mods, it is possible to put a full clip on target even when firing at long distances through a scope. I imagine in real life, even with a bipod, the recoil of the weapon would be disruptive enough to force a second or so to get one's eye, scope and the target all lined up again. I'm not anywhere near an expert on this, so anyone can feel free to correct me, but I would think that something like

would be about as fast as one could fire with reasonable accuracy through a scope at any real distance.