tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

You're wrong. :p

It will also have new sonic cracks, impacts and also environmental (nature) SFX, but these wont be dynamic. Tank guns, autocannons and other vehicle weapons though will get the ACSE treatment just like the infatry weapons and grenades.

No, our sounds are pre-designed fitting for certain situations. Ingame we can only affect their loudness and pitch (well, so far), so if you are behind something, you'll hear the same samples until you get out from your cover.

I'm glad to be wrong then ! Even better than I expected!

oh my gosh that sounds good - better than any simulation I heard before..

i hope there will be an earplug version - so I can use earplugs when firing a gun ^^

i hope there will be an earplug version - so I can use earplugs when firing a gun ^^

ACSE will work alongside ACE so I guess you'll get the chance when they both come out.

Woa, this sounds absolutely awesome. I can't wait until this comes out, I know what Sound mod I will be using :)

so we are not completely there yet. It will be coming when it's done, hopefully sooner than you'd expect.

Well I expect it by Xmas so yes, hopefully sooner!

Kidding, kidding :) Sounds outright amazing

How are you defining what's indoors/outdoors? are you mapping this meta-data to each individual 'zone'? (indoors/forests/city etc)

Dman! this sounds good. Wasn't that big a fan of arma 2 ACSE but this looks (or sounds) really promising. Can't wait to give it a go. Keep up the good work your doing a hell of a job.

How are you defining what's indoors/outdoors? are you mapping this meta-data to each individual 'zone'? (indoors/forests/city etc)

Just a guess, but probably like most mods do it, make an intersection ray upwards and see if it hits a house.

Well, we have our own sophisticated - but automatic, so you dont need predefined zones - method to collect environment data. Will explain it better after release...

This sounds really amazing! Very much looking forward to this!

Will this perhaps also give projectiles a positional sound?

AWESOME!!!... Just need a way of blocking out the environment sounds (wind, insects) when inside buildings like in this video...

Edited by FeralCircus

since you closed down the arma 2 thread, I am guessing that you stopped working on it and focusing only on arma 3?

Yes, but I intend to support the A2 content.

If you and Jsrs combined work, drooling. I'm in love with JSRS 2.0, but when ace 3 comes out I'll be more then happy to use this alongside. It sounds amzing looking forward to it.

imo, jsrs offers more hi fidelity sound, while mods like acse and sos more realistic sounds. No need to combine them.

I'm currently working on a new forest effect with longer echo, also experimenting with how a grenade should sound when it explodes very close to a listener when he is behind cover. Will make a new video around the beginning of next year.

I can usually wait good things with ease, but this one .. this one I can't, simply amazing, my hat's off to you! :clap:

I have to wait until next year for a news update? That's crazy!

Edit: Someone seriously reported this post? Was it not clear that this was a joke?

Edited by roshnak