wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Jets - Yes, it's on the plan. Exactly when I can't say. When it's ready I guess! :P

Mines on virtual units - No. Profiled units don't even path along regular routes that you could logically mine (it uses far too much CPU and rather defeats the point of profiling them in the first place)

If I manually place helipads in the editor, does ALiVE see these and spawn helos accordingly. Moreover, are the helis spawned on the helipads or in the hangars used by OPCOM or are they eye candy. The next obvious question would be, if these helos are not used by OPCOM, then where do the helicopters that I occasionally see flying around come from?

If I manually place helipads in the editor, does ALiVE see these and spawn helos accordingly. Moreover, are the helis spawned on the helipads or in the hangars used by OPCOM or are they eye candy. The next obvious question would be, if these helos are not used by OPCOM, then where do the helicopters that I occasionally see flying around come from?

User placed heli pads will not be auto populated by placement modules, but this will be addressed in the future sites module.

Helis spawned on pads are available for use by OPCOM, not just eye candy. They are the ones you see flying around.

User placed heli pads will not be auto populated by placement modules, but this will be addressed in the future sites module.

Helis spawned on pads are available for use by OPCOM, not just eye candy. They are the ones you see flying around.

ARJay, I don't find the choppers are used very much. If I overfly one they will sometimes take off to engage, but I reakon the OpCom uses them around 10-20% of the time max ?

not seen any Jets yet ?

SJ

If your not bothered with MIL logistics,you can hand place helos,when i do it,opcom sends and appropriate(mostly) amount of them to meet the enemy threat(light/heavy armour) This happens alot,there seemes to be some randomness in it,and sometimes lets say if i place three blufor helos down,and opfor has 3 entities of armour in different regions spotted by blufor,sometimes maybe just two helos will go meet the threat.While the other one stays in reserve.

Try not hand place your helos at occupied objectives as they may count as an entitie tasked with "patrolling/gaurding" the placement.Put them way off in the distance.

Also for jets,i simply dont profile them,in 3d editor,i give a few pilots move/get in / move to SAD commands,and put a random countdown on it(usually time it for mid battle phase)so for me that could be twenty minute in or an hour all depending. Send them to waypoints around areas you know will be a hot zone for the mission and its all good :)

cheers for the tips Redarmy... I will check them out - esp the hand placed as guards bit. That could be why they're not moving...

Tbf I see this behavour in ALiVE units too which is odd..

SJ

Some of the Dev's have turned into Cartographers and have been busy getting the in game maps up to the War Room!

List so far:

Altis,Stratis,Fata,Fallujah,Sahrani,Proving Grounds,Takistan,N'Ziwasogo, Tora Bora, Celle, Boot Camp and Clafghan.

We still have some more to do, then we will be moving on adding features to the Ops pages, customizing the markers etc!

Hello, I'm running Nziwasogo for my unit and when using the following modules I get script errors.

Nziwasogo CAF civs Africa: CIV module

-Pirates = caf_ag_afr_p

-Civlians = caf_ag_afr_civ

ALiVE SETTING UP MAP: pja305

ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 21000

Error in expression <"_value") then { nil } else { _value },

_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

Error position: <_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _hash

File x\alive\addons\main\fnc_hashSet.sqf, line 42

Error in expression <6.4],"c_53"]]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

Error position: <_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _sectordata

File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.pja305.sqf, line 9484

Military Sector Display, Military Intelligence

Error in expression <;

if("entitiesBySide" in (_sectorData select 1)) then {

_sideProfiles = [_sect>

Error position: <select 1)) then {

_sideProfiles = [_sect>

Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\fnc_gridAnalysisProfileEntity.sqf, line 48

Xstreem - this was not on our dedi

ALiVE [m_19|23] Module ALiVE_sys_GC INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00195313

ALiVE [m_20|29] Module ALiVE_sys_xstream INIT

Error in expression <{

ALIVE_registry = [nil, "create"] call ALIVE_fnc_registry;

[ALIVE_registry, "in>

Error position: <ALIVE_fnc_registry;

[ALIVE_registry, "in>

Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_registry

File x\alive\addons\sys_xstream\fnc_xstream.sqf, line 171

Error in expression <, "init"] call ALIVE_fnc_registry;

};

[ALIVE_registry, "register", _registratio>

Error position: <ALIVE_registry, "register", _registratio>

Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_registry

File x\alive\addons\sys_xstream\fnc_xstream.sqf, line 175

Everything is working except for Military Sector Display, Military Intelligence and player tasks.

To the ALiVE dev team thank you for all the time and effort you guys have put into this. Literally putting arma 3 on the map!

Hello, I'm running Nziwasogo for my unit and when using the following modules I get script errors.

Nziwasogo CAF civs Africa: CIV module

-Pirates = caf_ag_afr_p

-Civlians = caf_ag_afr_civ

ALiVE SETTING UP MAP: pja305

ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 21000

Error in expression <"_value") then { nil } else { _value },

_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

Error position: <_hash select 3] call (uiNamespace getVar>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _hash

File x\alive\addons\main\fnc_hashSet.sqf, line 42

Error in expression <6.4],"c_53"]]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

Error position: <_sectorData,"clustersCiv",_clustersCiv] >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _sectordata

File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.pja305.sqf, line 9484

Military Sector Display, Military Intelligence

Error in expression <;

if("entitiesBySide" in (_sectorData select 1)) then {

_sideProfiles = [_sect>

Error position: <select 1)) then {

_sideProfiles = [_sect>

Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry

File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\fnc_gridAnalysisProfileEntity.sqf, line 48

Xstreem - this was not on our dedi

ALiVE [m_19|23] Module ALiVE_sys_GC INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00195313

ALiVE [m_20|29] Module ALiVE_sys_xstream INIT

Error in expression <{

ALIVE_registry = [nil, "create"] call ALIVE_fnc_registry;

[ALIVE_registry, "in>

Error position: <ALIVE_fnc_registry;

[ALIVE_registry, "in>

Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_registry

File x\alive\addons\sys_xstream\fnc_xstream.sqf, line 171

Error in expression <, "init"] call ALIVE_fnc_registry;

};

[ALIVE_registry, "register", _registratio>

Error position: <ALIVE_registry, "register", _registratio>

Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_registry

File x\alive\addons\sys_xstream\fnc_xstream.sqf, line 175

Everything is working except for Military Sector Display, Military Intelligence and player tasks.

To the ALiVE dev team thank you for all the time and effort you guys have put into this. Literally putting arma 3 on the map!

xStream only works in SP for now! So best to remove from a MP mission!

Are the errors coming up also with vanilla factions on nzwigonkgokeogkeoehkrow?

yes i'm also using IND_F same thing, i will keep trying with others.

yes i'm also using IND_F same thing, i will keep trying with others.

As we have indexed Nzwgasoso and supporting CAF please upload your mission to our feedbacktracker!

And PLEASE remove all other scripts and mods or I cant look into it - mille grazie!

keep it going mates

Massi's Marsoc/Marines motorized group doesn't spawn any vehicles. Can someone take a look at the config and see whats wrong? His groups in the editor are set up to have vehicles.

Massi's Marsoc/Marines motorized group doesn't spawn any vehicles. Can someone take a look at the config and see whats wrong? His groups in the editor are set up to have vehicles.

The is issue is that massi's vehicle classes don't use vehicleClass property correctly. For a tank the vehicleClass should be "Armoured" for example. Massi's have a custom mas_blah_blah property in there.

Wait, so is ALIVE stable-only again? Because it was dev-compatible for a moment, right? How do we keep up with this? Will you transfer to dev branch now that Altis updates have (probably) stopped?

Wait, so is ALIVE stable-only again? Because it was dev-compatible for a moment, right? How do we keep up with this? Will you transfer to dev branch now that Altis updates have (probably) stopped?

I don't think they have every said it is DEV compatible and in fact usually say the opposite. You might just get lucky a day here and there that it works with DEV but shouldn't count on it. Way to many changes on a daily basis happen on DEV branch.

Thanks Delta (again :))!

DEV may work but there is no guarantuee for it, way too many changes in DEV!

Just run it up, accept the warnings by cliclking ok, and see if it works for you!

Thanks mate

hey guys i was just wondering, is there any way to add support for an A2 map, Fiji? or @plr_mana?

Thanks!

LOVE the new update. Civ-system just makes the game come ALiVE! (okok, bad one ;P)

I've been trying to fiddle some with the convoy module to get vehicles to travel between between two far apart MilCiv-placements and has gotten it to work fairly well. However, if I use caf_ag_afr_p as faction no convoys will spawn (but units will spawn just fine otherwise). Is this a known limitation that I just haven't found in the thread/wiki?

Thanks again!

As with every third party mod, it entirely depends on the addon maker's configs and classes. If vehicleClass follows standard BIS conventions (e.g. "Armour" for tanks) and the group configs are set up correctly, it will work with ALiVE. If not, they won't be recognised by ALiVE and you'll have to talk to the original addon maker to resolve it (and that's entirely up to him of course!)

---

As a general point, ALiVE is deliberately designed to be semi-random/generic/ambient/dynamic [pick a word]. You results will vary and may cause some frustration if you try to shoehorn it into doing something very specific. In many cases it may be better to use manually placed units with regular move/cycle waypoints and reduce probability of presence to achieve a similar effect but with more fine control over the outcome - you can still Profile the units with ALiVE to save precious server FPS of course (and don't forget to use the Garbage Collector!). Generally I find a combination of ALiVE for the 'ambient scenario' coupled with a handful of manually designed objectives for the players works best.

Roger that!

Thanks for a fast answer :)

Looks like the recent update (could be alive, it could be BI) the Artillery support module doesn't like to sync with the Profile Module. The Profile Module is set to "Profile all units except sync units".

When the profile module is on with combat support, I can get CAS and Transport working. For Artillery Support, the artillery is listed in the tablet menu. However, you are unable to select the artillery piece to call in support. In addition, the artillery unit icon next to the unit name does not appear as well.

I am also having this problem with a custom built mission. Confirm that the ARTY units are synced only to the Combat Support Module and not the Profile system.

Also having significant performance hits using the Civ Placement on Altis (Default values for units numbers etc, using two blacklist markers)

Hey mate!

set the profile module to "only profile synced units" and dont sync the arty module!

for CIV placement on Altis, please ensure you filter for only medium sized objectives (if you are not using a TAOR marker), because if you dont it will use all civ clusters and there are several hundrets of them - thats the sheer endless size of ALTIS

You're on the right track but unfortunately ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM only has the facility to add objectives at the moment. I've discussed with Highhead and created a feature request to add a removeObjective function as well http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74214

This would enable you to call the function in a trigger to remove a custom objective during runtime, effectively rendering it 'invisible' to OPCOM, so no further AI forces will be sent there. This will be useful for mission makers controlling custom objectives in ALiVE. Thanks for bringing it up!

Build Release Build 0.6.1 [MIL_OPCOM] Implemented [_OPCOM, "removeObjective",_id] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM ;)

This minor bug fixing release is in closed testing but should be released to the public Soonâ„¢. We've been struggling with dynamic weather synch and think we've ironed out the issues but everytime we say that something else crops up, so not holding out hope just yet!

In other news, we're pulling together a comprehensive collection of weapon and vehicle pics to suplement the ALiVE War Room. If you wish to contribute so your favourite mods/addons show up in the stats pages, please join the ALiVE Skype channel and we can send you instructions for what to do. Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good method for detecting active profiles within a particular area using that condition for a trigger?

Essentially, I would like to create a task (linked to a trigger) to clear the area of enemy activity (profiled units or editor units).

Is there a way to combine the detection of editor units, along with something similar to getNearProfiles, together as a condition for the trigger?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hi pfrommer!

see here! http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

some useful stuff here

//Will be true if there are virutalized AI groups of side EAST (string) within 50 mtrs of the triggers position EAST (string)

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

//Will be true if there are virutalized vehicles of side EAST (string) within 500 mtrs of trigger position EAST (string)

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Example:

Place this line of code in the condition field of an end mission (f.e. lose) trigger, optionally with timeout.

It will fire when there are virtualized groups in the selected area (for a certain amount of time).

It doesnt matter if they are spawned or not.