wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi,

Could you please make a ticket with your mission (without anything than @CBA_A3, @ALiVE, and @A3MP) and tell me what to look at in the ticket, and I will do so, comrade!

Thanks!

As mentioned before, the feedback-tracker is not reachable because of certificate issues of the page (probably with firefox standard certificates).

But I took the liberty to make a small mission nonetheless:

dropbox-link

Below the red line (almost in the middle of the map) are no cqb-locations found whatsoever. Additionally I've put in some markers showing the missing locations for the MCP module. The north is plastered with locations (just a couple of houses are not included in the found locations), while the south has just some smaller locations around the Loy Manara airfield and along the west-east-street. You'll see the mass of missing locations in the mission at the red markers.

I'm currently reading back over the epic thread that is Alive... but would love if some people could post up their missions online. Havent found that many, and would love if a more able mind than mine could show off their wares. Or if any generous soul lets me know their server/clan name i can head over to their server and borrow it.

I'm looking for any sort of map that could run on a dedi server box for a small unit to play on. 10 people or thereabouts. In the past we've played Patrol Ops, Insurgency etc etc. I'm trying to get alive working with patrol ops but am having some problems.

quick edit - last attempt to follow the basic instructions yielded a 1.36gig RPT file, just repeating lines - am in work so dont have lines handy.. but the .log file is this... have alive.cfg in right folder... any other restrictions? Is the servername now static once i get teh .cfg file?

War Room Authorisation: "false"

01/04/2014 You are not authorised to access the ALiVE War Room with this account

01/04/2014 Starting up ALiVE Plugin

G

Edited by GavC

I fumbled my wording there and have edited it.

No, it is 10 TAORs that are 500x500 that are linked to 2 MIL CIV modules. There are 3 TAORs for the MIL modules.

There are 2 OPCOMS, 3 MIL, 2 MIL CIV, 1 CQB.

I'll port to Stratis and compare. Guess I could cut one of the MIL modules too.

May just be something we have to suck up. Also, is the load time going to be uniform for everyone or should it just be one load on the server to get things going and then everyone should load in rather quickly? Like if I hop in 10 minutes prior, OPCOM gets going, why would everyone else have a long load time?

Edited by I WUB PUGS

@Pergor - most browsers have an "I know the risks just let me in" type option when accessing a page with an expired certificate

@GavC - If you search missions on Armaholic you can find some there or check here:

http://www.alivemod.com/missions

You need to register on the ALiVE War Room site first before having your stats tracked

http://www.alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

@Pergor - most browsers have an "I know the risks just let me in" type option when accessing a page with an expired certificate

Yes, I know. Usually. But the Alive feedback-tracker doesn't offer this option for me. The OCSP-server hasn't got a status for the certificate, yadda-yadda, (error-code: sec_error_ocsp_unknown_cert), please contact the owner of the page, yadda-yadda.

It's just http://dev.withsix.com/, not actually anything to do with ALIVE directly. Have you tried a different browser to see if that works?

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

May just be something we have to suck up. Also, is the load time going to be uniform for everyone or should it just be one load on the server to get things going and then everyone should load in rather quickly? Like if I hop in 10 minutes prior, OPCOM gets going, why would everyone else have a long load time?

It's all serverside loading, so you can quite happily fire it up and wait for 10 mins or so for complex missions on big maps, then players will be able to join quickly. In fact it's generally good practice to do this anyway.

I fumbled my wording there and have edited it.

No, it is 10 TAORs that are 500x500 that are linked to 2 MIL CIV modules. There are 3 TAORs for the MIL modules.

There are 2 OPCOMS, 3 MIL, 2 MIL CIV, 1 CQB.

I'll port to Stratis and compare. Guess I could cut one of the MIL modules too.

Have you got the placement modules (Military and Military Civilian) set to place on every single objective, or set to ignore small objectives? If you are not restricting them, the latter may help speed up the loading?

Just to make sure I understand this, and I know you have enough with your own mod, but I have OPFOR spread around the map via the military civilian placement module. I see those with profile debug on.

If I generate a mission via MCC, will those OPFOR individuals be profiled too?

I just need to understand if creating a mission with the MCC wizard gives me X more enemies in mission location, and if those are operating independent of each other.

Is it possible to have custom inits on units spawned by ALiVE modules?

not native, but try something like:

while {true} do
{ 
       if (side _x == THESIDEYOUWANTTOCHANGE) then  
       { 
        _x addwhateveryouwantto "whateveryouwanttodo";
       };
} forEach allUnits;
sleep 5;

in a script that's being executed from your init.sqf (create if necessary) like:

execVM "thenameofyourscriptthatyouwanttohaveappliedtoallunitsofacertainside.sqf";

The "sleep 5;" determines how long the duration is between each cycle of the script. If you don't add a sleep-command, the script is being repeated each frame - which may hit your fps if the script content itself is too consumptive.

Usually 5 seconds are enough. But you can use a higher duration if you want to.

Edited by Pergor

Well i would like to add an addAction to all opfor units for a mission ran on a dedi server, so could i add the following to get the inits working?

in init:

fnc_aliveInit = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\fnc_aliveInit.sqf";
execVM "scripts\aliveInit.sqf";

in scripts\fnc_aliveInit.sqf:

if isServer exitWith {}; 
private["_obj"]; 
_obj = _this select 0; 

if !(isNil {_obj}) then { 
   _obj addAction ["blah", "blah.sqf"]; 
};  

then in scripts\aliveInit.sqf:

while {true} do
   { 
       if (side _x == east) then  
       { 
       nul = [[this], 'fnc_aliveInit', true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
       };
} forEach allUnits;
sleep 5;  

Edited by Blasturbator

Well i would like to add an addAction to all opfor units for a mission ran on a dedi server, so could i add the following to get the inits working?

in init:

fnc_aliveInit = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\fnc_aliveInit.sqf";
execVM "scripts\aliveInit.sqf";

in scripts\fnc_aliveInit.sqf:

if isServer exitWith {}; 
private["_obj"]; 
_obj = _this select 0; 

if !(isNil {_obj}) then { 
   _obj addAction ["blah", "blah.sqf"]; 
};  

then in scripts\aliveInit.sqf:

while {true} do
   { 
       if (side _x == east) then  
       { 
       nul = [[this], 'fnc_aliveInit', true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
       };
} forEach allUnits;
sleep 5;  

addaction is a bit more tricky. But here you'll find a solution for this problem.

Okay, so I'm having some difficulties with my mission here. I have a Blu OPCOM, Ind OPCOM, and Opf OPCOM set up, with appropriate Mil and Civ|MilPlac modules set up and synchronised properly (units are spawning correctly.) The Opf/Blu OPCOMs are set to Invasion mode, and the Ind OPCOM is set to Occupation mode, and Ind is set as friendly to no one in the editor. However, no one does anything. OPCOM debug reports flow in for a while, sending units tiny waypoints near their spawn positions, but neither side attacks the other factions unless they get within visual range of their own accord. And yes, I have Blu OPCOM synced to Ind and Opf Placement mods, and the same (respectively) for Opf/Ind (although with Ind it doesn't matter, they shouldn't be attacking just defending.) What am I doing wrong?

Okay, so I'm having some difficulties with my mission here. I have a Blu OPCOM, Ind OPCOM, and Opf OPCOM set up, with appropriate Mil and Civ|MilPlac modules set up and synchronised properly (units are spawning correctly.) The Opf/Blu OPCOMs are set to Invasion mode, and the Ind OPCOM is set to Occupation mode, and Ind is set as friendly to no one in the editor. However, no one does anything. OPCOM debug reports flow in for a while, sending units tiny waypoints near their spawn positions, but neither side attacks the other factions unless they get within visual range of their own accord. And yes, I have Blu OPCOM synced to Ind and Opf Placement mods, and the same (respectively) for Opf/Ind (although with Ind it doesn't matter, they shouldn't be attacking just defending.) What am I doing wrong?

Maybe - if you do not want a faction to attack the other, do not sync their OPCOM to the placements etc (this way they will exist but not attack).....just an idea. :)

Only sync the ones that you want to attack the other.......should work, lol

New challenge. For some reason I suddenly got two menu listings of everything when i hit the Windows app key. Two Admin Actions, two View Settings and two Combat Support.

This happens only when I run the mission from my dedicated server. Starting f.ex via LAN in-game shows everything correct.

I've copied and double checked that it's the same mission pbo that I'm using.

I did have the same issue before 0.6, never figured out what did that though, it stopped after a while, don't know what happened.

I did have the same issue before 0.6, never figured out what did that though, it stopped after a while, don't know what happened.
Updating ALiVE and CBA should make that go away.

Thanks. I have the latest versions of both of from playwithSix. I'll try removing and adding them again, and see if that works. Will report back.

New challenge. For some reason I suddenly got two menu listings of everything when i hit the Windows app key. Two Admin Actions, two View Settings and two Combat Support.

This happens only when I run the mission from my dedicated server. Starting f.ex via LAN in-game shows everything correct.

I've copied and double checked that it's the same mission pbo that I'm using.

is a ßIS issue http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17921

vote it up!

after disconnect and reconnect its gone, doesnt harm anything in alive though

Will do! Thanks.

EDIT: Tested just restarting mission instead of restarting server, and I no longer have duplicate entries.

Edited by Barazin

Maybe - if you do not want a faction to attack the other, do not sync their OPCOM to the placements etc (this way they will exist but not attack).....just an idea. :)

Only sync the ones that you want to attack the other.......should work, lol

Yes, this does work, and that's how I have it set up. Structurally, it looks something like this:

BLU OPCOM (synced with) BluPlacement, IndPlacement, OpPlacement

IND OPCOM (synced with) IndPlacement (for defense only, essentially)

OPF OPCOM (synced with) OPPlacement, IndPlacement, BLUPlacement

The problem is NO one attacks. The OPCOMS just freeze on analysis stage, and then just sit there doing nothing for upwards of 20 minutes. Haven't let it run any longer than that, as that's obviously an issue. I tested a smaller scale version of the same setup and everything worked fine, so it's apparently a size issue. Any way to fix this aside from reducing the scope of the engagement?

EDIT: So I tried placing some more limiting variables on my scenario. Looks like part of the cause was simply too many objectives and not enough units; I reduced the number of objectives by setting the filters to not include small objectives, etc. This got the game moving, at least, but then I noted something odd; it seems that when one side is trying to capture an objective, if there are ANY enemy inside that objectives marker area (with OPCOM Debug On, the diagonal stripe shaded box markers) the objective won't capture. Also, OPCOM won't send anyone to look for them, either; they tend to move to their waypoints and just chill there. This brings the game to a standstill with this particular implementation. This only seems to be a problem at objectives where the objective box extends inside the objective box of another nearby objective; the nearby objective AI might spawn in the mutual area, even if it isn't one of THEIR objectives, and thus prevent capture.

For a fix, you might either set the objectives so they can only be captured a certain distance from the center, rather than anywhere in the box. This would force the objective to cycle over, and in this case, the capturing AI would move on to the next objective (likely finding and killing the offending AI that spawned in the mutual area.) On the other hand, IF the objective was one that two or more factions were fighting for, the moving-to-center behavior would also simulate defense a little better.

Finally, I encountered another weird bug. About an hour into the test session, the Opfor AI simply stopped working, at least while in virtual space. Their OPCOM was issuing move orders to several of them, however they all stayed clumped around one large military objective (where the vast majority spawned) and refused to move. Prior to this, several other Opfor elements had received and followed OPCOM orders, moving about and capturing stuff, but after they were destroyed, and OPCOM issued orders to their replacements, they just refused to execute them. Not sure what the deal is. I'll try to post a video later if it happens again.

Edited by Dreadp1r4te

@Dreadp1r4te, sounds like you have something definitely not setup correctly or a conflicting AI mod of some sorts.