wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I'll ask Wolffy to put this in very big letters on the front page of this thread to avoid any further confusion: there is no longer a PDF manual. Please refer to the Wiki. It may not be as pretty but it's a whole lot easier to keep up to date!

Hi Alive team. I just tried Alive on Celle2(wiki says its alive compatible) but when i load up the map,it stutters and lags redicoulusly,eventually locking up.It feels like profile system is trying to profile all the units but cannot.

Now the celle2 map requires two extra files one was a patch,i downloaded both so dont see what the problem could be.I just want to double check if the map is indeed compatible and others are having success on it.Using it through A3MP by the way

Hi Alive team. I just tried Alive on Celle2(wiki says its alive compatible) but when i load up the map,it stutters and lags redicoulusly,eventually locking up.It feels like profile system is trying to profile all the units but cannot.

Now the celle2 map requires two extra files one was a patch,i downloaded both so dont see what the problem could be.I just want to double check if the map is indeed compatible and others are having success on it.Using it through A3MP by the way

Sorry Red Army are you saying Celle has recently had 2 patches applied to it? if so it may need re-indexing.

Please confirm

Sorry Red Army are you saying Celle has recently had 2 patches applied to it? if so it may need re-indexing.

Please confirm

No,these requirments(one buildings/objects pbo,the other a compatibility patch) where required about a month ago when i first downloaded celle2.I just got around to testing it on Alive now,and the previous mentioned problem occured.A3MP has had updates but nothing special about celle2 as bes i can tell.It just wont load like other maps i have.

Il give a go at reinstalling the map if your saying it is compatible.The map works fine and loads normal without alive so im not sure what could be the issue.

No,these requirments(one buildings/objects pbo,the other a compatibility patch) where required about a month ago when i first downloaded celle2.I just got around to testing it on Alive now,and the previous mentioned problem occured.A3MP has had updates but nothing special about celle2 as bes i can tell.It just wont load like other maps i have.

Il give a go at reinstalling the map if your saying it is compatible.The map works fine and loads normal without alive so im not sure what could be the issue.

Red, I will test this tomorrow for you. :)

Hi, I got a question regarding the War Room, it's possible that multiple units can use one server? Because on our Czech public server are playing multiple units and it's their main server for playing.

Shouldn't be any issue with that at all. In theory! Give it a go and please let us know if you run into any issues.

OK, thanks for the answer! However what about the config.cfg file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ALiVE ? If I understand this right, every unit has it's own?

Red, I will test this tomorrow for you. :)

Thanks ARJay.Latest update things seem to run flawlessy bar this map.

OK, thanks for the answer! However what about the config.cfg file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ALiVE ? If I understand this right, every unit has it's own?

If you run a dedicated server for your gaming group you will have to put the alive.cfg (from WarRoom, its not config.cfg by the way) into C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ALiVE so that the @ArmA2NET addon (also from WarRoom, put in your arma3 root folder and run it as every mod) can connect to ALiVE WarRoom!

Only one group can register a specific server. We do support tvt though as players will have their data registered to their group.

You can register a group and play on another alive registered server.

This is still wip and we can't guarantee how this impacts stats atm

Is ALiVE utilizing fixed wing for the AI yet?

I see that its spawning helos at helipads and occasionally parking planes in hangars. I've seen them use helos before but are they able to make use of planes now too?

Some RPT errors just because it's fun to be funny! :torture:

_veh = [_pos, _dire, _type, _grop] call BIS_fnc_spawnV>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error position: <_dire, _type, _grop] call BIS_fnc_spawnV>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error Undefined variable in expression: _dire

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_addVehicle.sqf, line 24

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error in expression <nc_spawnVehicle;

(_veh select 0) setdir _dire;

_veh;

>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error position: <_dire;

_veh;

>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_addVehicle.sqf, line 25

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error in expression < [_logic, call _fnc_SelectStartPosList, _dir, _grp] call ALIVE_fnc_AddVehicle;

}>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error position: <_dir, _grp] call ALIVE_fnc_AddVehicle;

}>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_startConvoy.sqf, line 142

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error in expression < must be an Array!"; []};

if ((typeName _azi) != (typeName 0)) exitWith {debugLo>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error position: <_azi) != (typeName 0)) exitWith {debugLo>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error Undefined variable in expression: _azi

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 File A3\functions_f\spawning\fn_spawnVehicle.sqf, line 47

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error in expression <call ALiVE_fnc_DumpR;

};

_veh = [_pos, _dire, _type, _grop] call BIS_fnc_spawnV>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 Error position: <_dire, _type, _grop] call BIS_fnc_spawnV>

2014/03/23, 6:08:36 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_addVehicle.sqf, line 24

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error in expression <nc_spawnVehicle;

(_veh select 0) setdir _dire;

_veh;

>

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error position: <_dire;

_veh;

>

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error Undefined variable in expression: _dire

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_addVehicle.sqf, line 25

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error in expression <= [_logic,call _fnc_SelectStartPosList, _dir, _grp, "Truck_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_Ad>

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error position: <_dir, _grp, "Truck_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_Ad>

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir

2014/03/23, 6:08:37 File x\alive\addons\mil_convoy\fnc_startConvoy.sqf, line 171

Edited by Logitrust

Does anyonr use Sudden's East vs West units with Alive? If so I would appreciate a how to as to use them in ALiVE. I have tried to use them using the classnames SUD_USSR and SUD_NATO but they don't show up. I have noticed that sudden has created a config for these units in his thread on this forum but I have no idea how to use it .

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

SD

Hey.

I have a problem with the population sytem.... for the most part everything works fine but the civilians just dont want to kill me.

Iam playing on Clafghan with the CAF-Agressors (as Civilian), I´ve been in the town for like 15 min and mostly on 4x speed and they just wont react to me,

they turn red in the debug-modul, but they are not observing me or even trying to kill me.

Is it because of the map/mod-units ?

Thank you for reading

Regards NIN3.

Thought you guys might enjoy another Video from our Public server..

SJ

Hey.

I have a problem with the population sytem.... for the most part everything works fine but the civilians just dont want to kill me.

Iam playing on Clafghan with the CAF-Agressors (as Civilian), I´ve been in the town for like 15 min and mostly on 4x speed and they just wont react to me,

they turn red in the debug-modul, but they are not observing me or even trying to kill me.

Is it because of the map/mod-units ?

Thank you for reading

Regards NIN3.

You're a civilian. I don't think civilians will target their own side. Maybe walk around as an opfor/blufor/independant.

You're a civilian. I don't think civilians will target their own side. Maybe walk around as an opfor/blufor/independant.

No Iam not ;)

It maybe not that clear in my post. Iam a normal Blufor guy and set the civilians on "extreme" agressive and they are turning red.

They even meet up/ talk and like 2%-5% are running around, but thats it. nothing else happens.

Thanks for the answer anyway. ;)

Regards NIN3.

I just installed two sample missions from the ALiVE website, but they do not come in a .pbo file. What file/folder do I need to put in my Arma 3 directory and where do I need to put it? Thanks in advance.

If you just want to play them, drop them into the MPmissions folder on the A3 Root.

if you want to edit them, drop them into the Missions folder in your mydocs/Arma3/Yourprofile/Missions folder

SJ

I have encountered a problem with the support transportation system and the interaction key. I can't seem to actually get into my transport chopper nor talk to the pilot. Ive tried multiple different helicopters as well but I cant get in them. I also can seem to get my interaction key to work. I have set custom control 20 to multiple keys but it never works.

I think you are doing something wrong or trying to do way to much (or possibly too many/conflicting mods). I don't have an amazing computer by any means (AMD Fx8350, 8 gb DDR3, GTX 660) and I host the missions I create on my own computer while I play with friends and I get decent frame rates (depending on the map and settings I get usually between 30-45 FPS). If you have too many profiled units or crank up the CQB module too high, have too many civilians spawning, or have too many ambient vehicles you'll probably run into FPS issues. I also use quite a few mods/scripts implemented into my missions.

One of the beautiful things about ALIVE is it's limiting of resources, in your mission you'll notice (with debug on in profiles) that you will see units which are light colours (virtual space) and dark ones (actually spawned in). Those in the virtual space help limit resource consumption beautifully but if you crank everything up and you have tonne of spawned in AI then you will get performance issues as so much is happening. Also if you have CQB cranked then when you reach your spawn distance then your computer is always calculating which buildings will spawn what, and when, and decide on path finding than that can get very resource intensive.

Hope this helps! Plus it also doesn't help that this game is very poorly optimized with CPU/GPU use

Yea what? My i5 4670 and GTX 760 can barely pull 30fps in singleplayer with no mods..

What resolution are you using?