wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Alive team,

you mention in your update something about a fix to profiling independant side?

Could you explain what was wrong to begin with?

cheers

Alive team,

you mention in your update something about a fix to profiling independant side?

Could you explain what was wrong to begin with?

cheers

I will answer you this one, but If you really want to get that deep, then join our Skype channel and please don't clutter the thread, mate! INDEPENDENT side has always been working, it was a minor fix, as on some occasions again the issue with independent sides came up, side _object will f.e. return GUER on an independent unit, whereas that side doesnt work if you want to apply it back (f.e. creategroup GUER won't work; only EAST, WEST, INDEPENDENT/RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN).

enjoy

I will answer you this one, but If you really want to get that deep, then join our Skype channel and please don't clutter the thread, mate! INDEPENDENT side has always been working, it was a minor fix, as on some occasions again the issue with independent sides came up, side _object will f.e. return GUER on an independent unit, whereas that side doesnt work if you want to apply it back (f.e. creategroup GUER won't work; only EAST, WEST, INDEPENDENT/RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN).

enjoy

Not tryna clutter the thread,just tryna understand how this(and mods in general function,as iv had issues not getting this to work recently)Didnt realise there was a limit to posting,im new here.so apoligies i know you guys are really busy and you do this in you free time.

Thanks for the explanation

Not tryna clutter the thread,just tryna understand how this(and mods in general function,as iv had issues not getting this to work recently)Didnt realise there was a limit to posting,im new here.so apoligies i know you guys are really busy and you do this in you free time.

Thanks for the explanation

Mate :)

Don't feel "new" or "noob", thats not what its all about! Its about having fun and gaming and the community, so its fine! Just join our skype channel, because I see you really have many questions and im sure we can answer them more easily there, and there are more people that can help!

me

Is there another link to the skype channel? Clicking on the link on the front page goes nowhere.

Mate :)

Don't feel "new" or "noob", thats not what its all about! Its about having fun and gaming and the community, so its fine! Just join our skype channel, because I see you really have many questions and im sure we can answer them more easily there, and there are more people that can help!

me

Cheers, will do.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Can someone tell me what I need to put in CAS Support Type in order to use the FA18 please?

Edit. I've answered my own stupid question. For anyone who doesn't know, you need to replace B_Heli_Attack_01_F with JS_JC_FA18E to give you a nice F18 to support you.

Edited by Charliereddog

find out the classname of the FA18 and use that

place empty FA18 - classname is in top right of unit window.. copy/paste

Charliereddog - an old teacher of mine used to say there are no stupid questions... just stupid answers :p

Edited by SavageCDN

find out the classname of the FA18 and use that

place empty FA18 - classname is in top right of unit window.. copy/paste

Charliereddog - an old teacher of mine used to say there are no stupid questions... just stupid answers :p

Excellent nugget of wisdom, Savage ;)

To find classnames of existing objects, vehicles, etc. on a map I've cobbled together this:

Put this in the init.sqf in your mission folder:

player addAction ["Check object class (cursor)", "checkclass.sqf"];

Make a new text document in your mission folder called "checkclass.sqf". Put these lines in that document and save it:

_object_type = typeOf cursorTarget;
hintSilent format ["%1", _object_type];
copytoclipboard str(_object_type); // also copies to clipboard but as a simple string you won't get a list of objects with this method

Place a player on the map and run around. You'll have a new add action (mouse scroll menu) that will tell you the class name of anything under the crosshair. Sometimes you have to perform it twice for some reason and it may not always work correctly if you are in a confined area surrounded by many different objects. YMMV!

Dynamic time module, would be another interesting asset, I love the weather one, cant wait for side missions! btw most amazing piece of arma3 work todate great job!

Thanks for the Super fast HOTFIX!!!!

However, just a heads up... the latest version is NOT on PLAYWITHSIX... just checked.

Thanks for the Super fast HOTFIX!!!!

However, just a heads up... the latest version is NOT on PLAYWITHSIX... just checked.

It is now. Must have propagated right after you posted :)

just wanted to thank friznit, serjames and jackson snow for answering my questions several pages back. I totally forgot about this thread until now. I'll play around with the modules. it looks so great, thanks to the creators for making something so amazing.

For people who want access to the skype channel you can PM me your skype details and I will add you if the link is not working.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Excellent nugget of wisdom, Savage ;)

To find classnames of existing objects, vehicles, etc. on a map I've cobbled together this:

Put this in the init.sqf in your mission folder:

player addAction ["Check object class (cursor)", "checkclass.sqf"];

Make a new text document in your mission folder called "checkclass.sqf". Put these lines in that document and save it:

_object_type = typeOf cursorTarget;
hintSilent format ["%1", _object_type];
copytoclipboard str(_object_type); // also copies to clipboard but as a simple string you won't get a list of objects with this method

Place a player on the map and run around. You'll have a new add action (mouse scroll menu) that will tell you the class name of anything under the crosshair. Sometimes you have to perform it twice for some reason and it may not always work correctly if you are in a confined area surrounded by many different objects. YMMV!

You could also use an ALiVE debuggin function:

I recommend you use http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/ to view your RPT file for debugging etc

and if you stick this the debug execute field on the esc menu in game

[] call ALIVE_fnc_cursorTargetInfo;

and execute it

will dump a whole lot of interesting info about an object under the crosshair to the RPT

if you hold it over a building it will even place markers in game that show building positions

might be useful to hackers out there

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that they can get alive tasking on the opfor side when there is the two sides in the mission. Blufor tasking is fine.

Also,

ref: Support modules

Having fun with making missions using ALIVE. I came across a problem. I add support, say CAS Helo for BLUFOR and for a seperate CAS helo for OPFOR and also the NATO allies AAF. When you bring up the support tablet BLUFOR sees thier own as well AAF. How do I separate it so that only Blufor see thier support and AAF see thier own. I think opfor see it as well.

BLUFOR module uses B_Heli_Attack_01_F

OPFOR module usese O_Heli_Attack_02_F

IND module uses I_Heli_light_03_F

Any ideas?

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that they can get alive tasking on the opfor side when there is the two sides in the mission. Blufor tasking is fine.

Also,

ref: Support modules

Having fun with making missions using ALIVE. I came across a problem. I add support, say CAS Helo for BLUFOR and for a seperate CAS helo for OPFOR and also the NATO allies AAF. When you bring up the support tablet BLUFOR sees thier own as well AAF. How do I separate it so that only Blufor see thier support and AAF see thier own. I think opfor see it as well.

BLUFOR module uses B_Heli_Attack_01_F

OPFOR module usese O_Heli_Attack_02_F

IND module uses I_Heli_light_03_F

Any ideas?

After calls for different factions on the same side to be able to share assets, we introduced shared assets (mainly so BLU_F could have jets to play with). Factions on different sides do not have access to their support, so BLU_F will never be able to use OPF_F assets.

After calls for different factions on the same side to be able to share assets, we introduced shared assets (mainly so BLU_F could have jets to play with). Factions on different sides do not have access to their support, so BLU_F will never be able to use OPF_F assets.

Ok cheers.

Any chance we can turn that off ?

I am wondering if anyone is having issues with dedicated servers not profiling units. I have the latest Alive mod from today, but everything is functioning other than the profile or mil placement module.

In the editor, all the mil placement modules spawn units and profile them. For the same mission in the dedicated server, no ai units spawn and get profiled. I also tried in other Alive missions in the dedicated server, same issues.

Edited by Vezer0

I am wondering if anyone is having issues with dedicated servers not profiling units. I have the latest Alive mod from today, but everything is functioning other than the profile or mil placement module.

In the editor, all the mil placement modules spawn units and profile them. For the same mission in the dedicated server, no ai units spawn and get profiled. I also tried in other Alive missions in the dedicated server, same issues.

Are you running the linux dedi by any chance?

Are you running the linux dedi by any chance?

Running windows server

Running windows server

Was the server updated with the A3 hotfix, or are you running this local?

Was the server updated with the A3 hotfix, or are you running this local?

Epic slap to own face. Dedicated server apparently did not get the A3 fix. I guess since the patch versions were still "1.10", people with the hot fix was able to join in the un-patch server. Thanks for the help ARJay. Sometimes a separate brain can solve silly issues like this.

Epic slap to own face. Dedicated server apparently did not get the A3 fix. I guess since the patch versions were still "1.10", people with the hot fix was able to join in the un-patch server. Thanks for the help ARJay. Sometimes a separate brain can solve silly issues like this.

No worries Vezer!