wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Will take a look thanks.

Im really enjoying Alive guys,it seems to be more stable on my end now,if it dosent initilize properly on start,a quick restart or 5 seems to do the trick!

Kind of on topic of the revive,since i know now i cant use norrins,does any one know a simple way i can make myself or AI respawn using existing arma modules or alternitave scripts that may work with alive?

I tried looking but i just find stuff that makes not much sense to me,and cant imagine being able to play with no save and team wipes 10mins into an alive mission.

That's basic arma edition. I think you should make a new thread to learn how to. Or you could use ALiVE missions examples. They did set respawn markers, playable IA, etc etc. Trust me, it's very easy to make a simple mission. Then you could use that mission in local Multiplayer where only you can connect :D

@redarmy, I've used Pyrgos Assault as a basis for my mission for now. That uses BTC Revive, and VAS. Dead easy to incorporate into your missions

@redarmy, I've used Pyrgos Assault as a basis for my mission for now. That uses BTC Revive, and VAS. Dead easy to incorporate into your missions

Can you explain,im quite lost-i thought BTC only works for MP not SP?

Basically all im trying to do is have a Sp mission set up with Alive,that makes me and my AI squad,respawn somewhere after death.

I looked at the alive respawn module but i cant seem to make it work.

Does it actually respawn AI in your squad?

I need help creating an invade an annex type mission with alive, is this possible? I haven't figured out how to use the side missions but in any case i had some more ideas for modules, a FOB module, a patrol module, convoy module, road block module,

Can you explain,im quite lost-i thought BTC only works for MP not SP?

Basically all im trying to do is have a Sp mission set up with Alive,that makes me and my AI squad,respawn somewhere after death.

I looked at the alive respawn module but i cant seem to make it work.

Does it actually respawn AI in your squad?

If you check Pyrgos Assault mission, there should be a marker called "respawn_west". When you get KIA, you and your friends (AI), will respawn there. As far as I know you can't use BTC Revive on SP but you can use that script where you can "teleport" to another squad member (you can find the script in Pyrgos Assault aswell), it doens't matter if that squad member is AI or a real person.

As I told you before, you need to play in MP (just for you) to use those features.

I've been playing alonge all week while testing this awesome mod :)

For what it's worth I've found this script to be quite useful in my ALiVE missions as a "heal" script (won't revive you if you are truly dead). The most useful feature is that AI in your group will come heal you, and other AI, with this script. It's the only one I've found that will do that. It also works pretty well for the SP missions I've built when played as MP Coop.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System

Hi,

I've build a mission with ALIVE which works fine, as long as I'm hosting it on my local system. As soon as I try to run in on a windows dedicated server, the opcom modul doesn't seem to work.

OPCOM does not place any waypoint for units under its comands. The rpt-log shows the following messages:

OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 1607

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5260

OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 1608

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5261

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5262

Any sugestion on that?

Kind regards,

Raskil

Any hopes of seeing support for vanilla A2/OA factions in alive too? Since I'm loading maps via AiA it might be nice to have the appropriate factions as well. Thanks!

I couldn't find an answer to this in the FAQ or wiki, apologies if it has already been answered. Is there a way for mission makers to access by script such information as the objectives/locations held by each side and the total number of men currently existing (both real and virtual) on a side?

Any hopes of seeing support for vanilla A2/OA factions in alive too?
yeah would like to know too.And a A2 CO port/version would be awesome :D Edited by TeilX

Any hopes of seeing support for vanilla A2/OA factions in alive too? Since I'm loading maps via AiA it might be nice to have the appropriate factions as well. Thanks!

Why would an Arma 3 mod have support for Arma 2 factions?

Why would an Arma 3 mod have support for Arma 2 factions?

I'm sure you mean that rhetorically, since I supplied the answer in my own post: "Since I'm loading maps via AiA it might be nice to have the appropriate factions as well."

If you use the AI skill module,but also run another mod which alters skill values,will Alive skill module handle profiled units,and the other mods ai skill setting handle everything else? Or could it lead to issues as im runnng Bcombat with Alive.

And want to add that Bcombat works with profiled units in regards the smarter ai and combat tactics.

Cheers

Why would profiled units be influenced by the skill setting? I don't know how fights between profiled units are calculated, but in theory different skill levels would only lead to longer fights, not really different outcomes, so i assume the skill setting is ignored for that entirely. And why would you want to use the AI skill module with bcombat? Doesnt make sense to me. Just use Bcombat and modify the skill via its settings. Of course some settings will be overwritten if 2 mods modify the same thing, god knows which will get more priority.

Sorry i meant when they become unprofiled aka player nears and they spawn.Yeah see i wasnt sure if bcombat ai skill setting would apply to Alive units.Guess il just use bcombat setting see how it goes.

Oktyabr, A2/OA factions do work in AiA - I tested BIS_TK and INS factions.

There is an issue with the AiA BLUFOR factions though, as you described - please make a ticket on our tracker (if there isnt yet).

I really suggest you stick to the Agressors units!

laters

Hey guys, loving Alive and pretty awed by the possibilities it opens up.

I'm trying to use it to add ambient Civilians to some towns - but when I try they're all spawning as OPFOR (edit: to be clear - they're still Civ units but they belong to OPFOR. They have red diamonds when I do 'show markers' and any Blufor units engage them on sight).

I've read the wiki and seen that it's not fully implemented yet, and that a workaround (which I'm using) is to use a CQB module. In a fresh mission, I have only myself (a BLUFOR rifleman), a marker on my town, and the following Alive modules: Alive Required, Admin, Profile, and CQB. The CQB module has the marker in the Whitelist box and Civ_F in the Faction boxes for Strategic and Regular structures.

Is this behaviour (the Civs being spawned as Opfor) me missing something obvious? Or is it just a limitation of trying to use CQB for ambient civs for now? It's pretty frustrating (and kind of disturbing) to have some Blufor troops who are meant to be stationed in the town to protect the populace start stalking from building to building executing civvies in their homes instead.

Not sure if this is answered or explained. Can anyone tell me how to get Persistence to work? I want to be able to save loadouts, end then load them if a respawn resets your gear.

Hey guys, loving Alive and pretty awed by the possibilities it opens up.

I'm trying to use it to add ambient Civilians to some towns - but when I try they're all spawning as OPFOR (edit: to be clear - they're still Civ units but they belong to OPFOR. They have red diamonds when I do 'show markers' and any Blufor units engage them on sight).

I've read the wiki and seen that it's not fully implemented yet, and that a workaround (which I'm using) is to use a CQB module. In a fresh mission, I have only myself (a BLUFOR rifleman), a marker on my town, and the following Alive modules: Alive Required, Admin, Profile, and CQB. The CQB module has the marker in the Whitelist box and Civ_F in the Faction boxes for Strategic and Regular structures.

Is this behaviour (the Civs being spawned as Opfor) me missing something obvious? Or is it just a limitation of trying to use CQB for ambient civs for now? It's pretty frustrating (and kind of disturbing) to have some Blufor troops who are meant to be stationed in the town to protect the populace start stalking from building to building executing civvies in their homes instead.

CQB module wasnt intended to spawn CIVs, so default was EAST. Fixed in upcoming update!

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Not sure if this is answered or explained. Can anyone tell me how to get Persistence to work? I want to be able to save loadouts, end then load them if a respawn resets your gear.

Place player persitence module, and save / reset your player loadout via ALiVE menu!

Hi guys,

since recent patch,i noticed the option in profile module to spawn profiles around player in plane.

Does that infact spawn all profiles on the ground now when i do a fly by?am i reading that correct?

Also i beleive i while back you guys said that wasnt implimented because it would be very stressfull to the game or soething along those lines.If i use it and set the spawn distance to a thousand say,should i expect major lag or slow downs or anything of the nature?

Thanks

CQB module wasnt intended to spawn CIVs, so default was EAST. Fixed in upcoming update!

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Place player persitence module, and save / reset your player loadout via ALiVE menu!

Will try. Many thanks..

Whew, glad I wasn't missing something obvious in there. Thanks for the quick - and encouraging - response!

Hey all! I see that progress has been really good lately! :P. Any update on the War Room/Persistence stuff? Just curious to see how its turning out ;D Looking forward to the next release of ALiVE! :p