wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hm yes, but will it be commanded by opcom and replaced by the logistics module when it's destroyed?

If its profiled and crewed it will be commanded by OPCOM. Logistics currently doesn't replace air assets.

Love this mod I can play it all dam day. But, I noticed my character Twitch's like his on Crystal method, you guys know about this?

Love this mod I can play it all dam day. But, I noticed my character Twitch's like his on Crystal method, you guys know about this?

LOL probably nothing to do with alive, either some weird mixture of mods, or something for BIS.

I don't know , but it is the funniest shit.I can't play cause it looks stupid as hell.

HI! How can I change side mission time limit? Once mission canceled, its won't show up again. Do I need to configure something?

Edited by insan115

** oops nevermind

You could use your trigger and manually place some non-profiled units so that the trigger won't fire at mission start, then once you get close enough to the objective the profiled groups will spawn in as well.

Thanks, unfortunately the locations are quite a way apart, so while we're attacking on town, the other will profile. As soon as we clear that town it'll trigger. Bit of a pain to have to add editor units to all locations but at least I know what needs doing now.

Now for another question, I've only just found ALiVE so forgive me if this is obvious, but I couldn't find any hints in the documentation. Say I have a civilian placement for opfor with Occupation selected. They do their stuff in several towns. My player unit comes in and kills them all in one of the towns. What happens? Does the town "flip" to our side? Will the Opfor now try to retake to the town? Will units from one town reinforce another? So a single engagement could leach all the AI on the map into a single location over a long time span?

Thanks, unfortunately the locations are quite a way apart, so while we're attacking on town, the other will profile. As soon as we clear that town it'll trigger. Bit of a pain to have to add editor units to all locations but at least I know what needs doing now.

Now for another question, I've only just found ALiVE so forgive me if this is obvious, but I couldn't find any hints in the documentation. Say I have a civilian placement for opfor with Occupation selected. They do their stuff in several towns. My player unit comes in and kills them all in one of the towns. What happens? Does the town "flip" to our side? Will the Opfor now try to retake to the town? Will units from one town reinforce another? So a single engagement could leach all the AI on the map into a single location over a long time span?

To your questions:

OPCOM controls all virtual troops. Also your player has a virtual data storage and is selected by OPCOM as a controllable group.

If a location is attacked then also nearby troops will be pulled in to assist! And if you kill all units in a town OPCOM will send troops to secure that town afterwards. The town also flips to your side. But in addition the enemy OPCOM will recognize it has lost this position and will send available troops to retake it, depending on its priority (if it has a really low prio and there are other positions with higher prios to be retaken, then OPCOM will choose the other ones first).

Hope I could help!

Enjoy

If it makes you feel any better I have seen this before with another player during testing. We just assumed he was crazy and/or on crystal meth :p

IIRC the mods we were using were @CBA_A3, @ALiVE, @tmr, @TFR, probably a few client side as well.

HI! How can I change side mission time limit? Once mission canceled, its won't show up again. Do I need to configure something?

I don't think this is possible at the current time.. side missions are not a priority for the devs at the moment but this may be expanded in the future.

I'll be testing a method of checking for profiled units as this is something that mission makers are going to want. Check back in a day or two I'll post up the results and sample script (and add to wiki).

Hi ALIVE team

Is there any way i can elevate my case as iv already made a ticket and highhead i beleive,checked my mission out and attempted to find the problem and fix it.

In my previous posts i thought i found the issue that was causing alive to stop functioning after some time,but again today i have the issue that after i spend enough time in the editor making a mission with ALIVE,it will eventually stop picking up placements.Even after i do reloads and restarts.

Its driving me nuts prlly as much as im driving you nuts by me talking about it.

Sorry to be persistent but something is definetly wrong on my end maybe but would like to find out what it is.

Im positive something is triggering at some point and causing the mod to not work for me and iv no experience with modding and dont know where to look to find solution.

Is it possible something in my vanilla arma3 is to blame do you think?

To your questions:

OPCOM controls all virtual troops. Also your player has a virtual data storage and is selected by OPCOM as a controllable group.

If a location is attacked then also nearby troops will be pulled in to assist! And if you kill all units in a town OPCOM will send troops to secure that town afterwards. The town also flips to your side. But in addition the enemy OPCOM will recognize it has lost this position and will send available troops to retake it, depending on its priority (if it has a really low prio and there are other positions with higher prios to be retaken, then OPCOM will choose the other ones first).

Hope I could help!

Enjoy

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm really impressed with this whole system and the possibilities that it gives.

To expand on this question and make sure that I'm getting the groundwork right.

I create a civ placement with a platoon (30) covering 3 towns.

Those 30 troops are going to split between the 3 towns?

It's likely that there aren't enough troops to cover adequately those towns?

If enemy attacks one of those towns, the opcom of the defender will look to see who could go and find no "available" troops?

I won't end up with all troops heading to first town attacked and leaving the other two undefended?

Also, is there any distance weighting to priority? If an objective is high priority but there are other defended lower priority locations closer or in between even, will the Opcom still send troops to attack the high priority target?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Just don't want to get the wrong idea and set up a mission that doesn't work because I don't understand what's going on.

@Savage, I was going to ask if there was a way of accessing the array/list of profiled units. Guess you're on the case. Cheers.

@redarmy - it's hard to say really.. if others are running MCC and ALiVE together with no issues then it must be something on your end however short of a re-install of Arma 3 and all the mods (which I believe you've already done?) I'm not sure where to go with this.

Have you tried with just CBA, ALiVE and MCC? ie: no unit addons?

@Savage, I was going to ask if there was a way of accessing the array/list of profiled units. Guess you're on the case. Cheers.

Yep thanks to Jman he is providing me with something to test out.

@Redarmy to add to Savages response, I would like to add that us ALiVE Devs have full time jobs and careers, and we do all the ALiVE stuff if what free time we have between work and families.

So requesting we look into something urgently is pointless, we will look into something when we can, however I believe Highead has responded you your ticket with his findings.

I don't understand how to make a HQ? Someone help me out...

You can't really 'make' an HQ... if you have the HQ option set to yes then ALiVE will try and assign a military structure to be the HQ (it must be one of the following: military cargo HQ, military barracks (any kind), military bigass tower.... might be another one I'm forgetting.

ALiVE will try and place the HQ in the location nearest to where you have placed the MP module itself if I'm not mistaken.

OK one more question. Got everything else to work, but what unit weight setting for the MP is the SpecOps? Is it Airborne? None of the others seem to be for SpecOps. Because I can't get my SpecOps faction to work. Should I change SpecOps to Airborne?

Skype seems to have taken a dive on me... I apologize if this finally gets through over there but I decided to copy/paste here, in case someone else might have any thoughts....

Anyone have any tips on working with ALiVE + AiA? In particular I can place US units on the map manually, they get profiled, but most of the time it seems the OPCOM doesn't know what to do with them. Once I got a manned humvee to drive into a ditch after they finally came under fire. They will respond to contact but won't move anywhere on the map.

Possibly a separate issue (or not) I'm having is sometimes the units I place manually get profiled but debugging shows that an MP/MCP will add units with the exact same profile ID after mission start, i.e. "e2", etc.

I've set up an opfor TAOR with an opcom on occupation and a blufor TAOR with an opcom on invasion, situated about 2km apart. When I preview the mission, the blufor markers seem to move about, but the opfor ones don't. Additionally, the blufor markers seem to make no attempt to attack the opfor area.

I am playing as a blufor player if that's relevant.

Did you sync blufor opcom to the opfor placements?It needs to know about them.

I've set up an opfor TAOR with an opcom on occupation and a blufor TAOR with an opcom on invasion, situated about 2km apart. When I preview the mission, the blufor markers seem to move about, but the opfor ones don't. Additionally, the blufor markers seem to make no attempt to attack the opfor area.

I am playing as a blufor player if that's relevant.

The first half is working fine. But as redarmy says, you also need to sync your Blufor OPCOM module to the OPFOR MP module. MP also defines Objectives in the TAOR assigned to it, so OPCOM needs to know about those to attack them.

Do player missions have any impact at all yet, like slowing enemy reinforcements? Or are they just more of a to-be-expanded thing right now?

Just set up a big 3-sided war OP vs. Blu vs. AAF with around 2000 units on Altis. Going behind enemy enemy lines to do the missions felt so satisfying because you knew everything around you was 100% dynamic and actually mattered. So much better than just scripted stuff with triggers. The only thing i didnt really like so far is the intelligence module. Not sure exactly on how it determines what intel youre supposed to get, but for example i think that information about captured bases from your team should never fade until recpatured by the enemy. Also the troop movement arrows are way too rare imho. They only get drawn on the map when 5+ groups move towards an objective or so. Most of the time i'd be completely lost if it wasnt for the military sector display, which of course feels kind of cheaty because it gives you way too much information about enemy troop locations...

What im also dreaming of is a dynamic ambient radio module which generates accurate radio messages of stuff happening on the map. Imagine leaving a base and after 5 minutes of driving you hear a warning about that particular base being attacked and the remaining groups there calling out for help. I guess that will never happen as it would be way too much work, but let me keep my dreams :)

Edited by Kavoriken

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Dingor/Lingor to work with ALIVE? I tried but for some weird reason when I try and load the ALIVE mission I made for a basic test, arma crashes and stops responding. I can load the map without alive but with ALIVE there seems to be an issue.

Thanks again! I also made a Tigeria one with CAF Aggressors and it's really awesome but a bit brutal on frame rates so it would be awesome if Dingor would work :)

It would also be awesome if you added support for the new arma 3 map Nziwasogo :)! http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24455

thanks again for everything! Been having so much fun with the new version!

Edited by Opendome

brain storming ideas for modules... weapon caches, ieds, hvts, just to name a few off the top of my head def have more ideas for them

I got a question concerning the view distance module. In vanilla video options raising the view distance also raises the distance for objects.

As far as I can tell, raising the view distance in ALiVE does not raise the object distance. Am I right?