wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is there a way to (manual) add military locations? this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150] adds only Civ locations for me......sorry if it ask already......thread is so big over the time^^

And how can i place the HQ in a specific location?

As someone mentioned the custom locations are merely objectives for OPCOM - no units will spawn there.

You can't really place the HQ in a specific spot however ALiVE will try to place it closest to where your MP placement module is in the editor. It has to find either a mil barracks of some sort, mil HQ building, or other significant military structure.

I have a civi area spawning Middle eastern Aggressor units and then some CSAT units pulled in from a Military Module. They are both mapped to an Opfor OPCOM and the opcome is set to the manual variable (i.e. the one to control custom units, can't think what it is, but the ME Aggressors classname) The Aggressors are ordered around as they should be.

However, how can I get it to order the CSAT troops around as well ? It only seems to be able to control the custom mapping when you are using a Non Standard NATO/CSAT/REb etc ?

SJ

I think you should be able to use the drop-down for CSAT units and the custom field for the aggressors... either that or put OPF_F in the custom field as well and leave the drop downs empty

Edited by SavageCDN

Any chance of having the first post updated with factions/units known to work, maps that work, faction names to use, and a link to the wiki please?

Any chance of having the first post updated with factions/units known to work, maps that work, faction names to use, and a link to the wiki please?

I would second that idea,as im using one of massis factions and wondering if its supposed to be working.Mas_rus_spet faction if anybody has had success with that?

CSAT units keep spawning when we set it so they dont any idea why i used thee override factions thing

CSAT units keep spawning when we set it so they dont any idea why i used thee override factions thing

Means your factions aren't working. Happened to me until I did these things:

1) Make sure that your faction classnames under CfgFactionClasses match the faction classnames under CfgGroups (i.e. the faction classes should be the same, case-sensitive, as the overall groups under CfgGroups)

2) Make sure your units in your groups are either Armored, Infantry, Mechanised, Motorized, SpecOps, Support, again case-sensitive

3) Make sure you've defined the sides correctly. 0, 1, and 2 for OPFOR, BLUFOR, and GREENFOR/Independent

Then they should work and CSAT shouldn't spawn where your overriding factions should spawn. That, and inter-sync your MP/CPs to your OPCOMs.

Is it possible that probability of presence breaks Alive right now? I wanted to set up bases for factions and have randomized civilian objectives all over the map using multiple markers and civ placement modules with probability of presence on. Didnt work.

Then i tried placing only one civ placement module for the whole map and as soon as i gave it a probability of presence it refused to work until i restarted the editor, not even setting it back to 100% fixed that.

Great work guys, does this work on dedicated servers correctly?

I think you should be able to use the drop-down for CSAT units and the custom field for the aggressors... either that or put OPF_F in the custom field as well and leave the drop downs empty

ahh of course, Comma and the second force Brilliant will try it.

Have to say chaps - it's up and running on our Public now and brilliant fun. YES that's a dedicated so it works fine.

You need to speak with Brians200 so you can build in his random IED script as a configurable module - It's just too much fun and suits the ALiVE scenario perfectly. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs

Anyone wanting to try ALiVE can filter for "3CB". Our public is up on Takistan with UK SFSG and the ME Aggressors pack as opfor.

We were messing around and caught some nice footage. Go to 47 minutes on Mikk's feed to see the IED's in action http://www.twitch.tv/mikk36/b/500309317

Anyway can't thank you enough. Has transformed the game for me.

SJ

You need to speak with Brians200 so you can build in his random IED script as a configurable module - It's just too much fun and suits the ALiVE scenario perfectly. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs

Totally agree! There was about 6/7 of us having a mess around tonight and we were talking about how good it would be with random IEDs.

Melbo - if you have A3MP and the Aggressors pack, massi's packs etc, you and your mates can see what it's like on takistan :)

144.76.162.200:2302 [3CB] 3 Commando Brigade Public Realism Server [ALiVE/A3MP/ACRE] - Anyone Welcome

Aye, one of us jumped on earlier by himself and had a quick go on it! I'll get the mods tomorrow and see if we can get a few of us on.

A few times I've noticed after loading myself and my AI aboard a transport helicopter, the heli disappears along with all of my AI. Anyone else had this problem?

As someone mentioned the custom locations are merely objectives for OPCOM - no units will spawn there.

You can't really place the HQ in a specific spot however ALiVE will try to place it closest to where your MP placement module is in the editor. It has to find either a mil barracks of some sort, mil HQ building, or other significant military structure.

will it be possible in the future, to place hq and MP/CIV locations manually Edited by TeilX

Can someone help me with two things I'm troubleshooting. In short...

1) I need to send the OPFOR OPCOM a command to send all units to a beach_extraction marker.

2) I want the ALiVE Combat Support transport to ONLY come online if BLUFOR's extraction_vessel is destroyed, and for a radio communication to be received saying Transport is now online.

The deets

BLUFOR is tasked to neutralize an enemy outpost on the way to a beach_extraction point. When BLUFOR successfully completes the task, I want #1) up above to happen.

I've also thrown a curveball that, at the end of the mission, if BLUFOR has not completed an optional side task earlier on, an OPFOR patrol boat spawns and destroys the BLUFOR's extraction_vessel. Thus the need for Combat Support to only come online later in the mission.

Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: Ok I've kept thinking it through; I need to sync a trigger stating BLUFOR present in trigger zone to something, then sync that something to the OPCOM, right?

What's the something? SIDE Gamelogic? What would I write in the init line to make OPCOM move all the forces to the trigger zone?

Edited by doubleDizz

There are 142 pages on this thread so:

IF I have a server running with Alive and I have a map designed with Alive, do players that join need to be running the Alive mod?

Normally I would just say, of course they do, but it does matter for implementation.

A few times I've noticed after loading myself and my AI aboard a transport helicopter, the heli disappears along with all of my AI. Anyone else had this problem?

Is this immediatly after loading into a game?Make sure that helo is not being profiled by the Alive profile module.

If thats the case check profile module and select profile all units except synced ones" and sync your helo to the profile,it wont dissapear anymore.

There are 142 pages on this thread so:

IF I have a server running with Alive and I have a map designed with Alive, do players that join need to be running the Alive mod?

Normally I would just say, of course they do, but it does matter for implementation.

Yes they do Chocolate.

Is it possible that probability of presence breaks Alive right now? I wanted to set up bases for factions and have randomized civilian objectives all over the map using multiple markers and civ placement modules with probability of presence on. Didnt work.

Then i tried placing only one civ placement module for the whole map and as soon as i gave it a probability of presence it refused to work until i restarted the editor, not even setting it back to 100% fixed that.

Personally I have set module prob % to zero before and did not have any issues... I'd probably have to see your mission to troubleshoot further.

will it be possible in the future, to place hq and MP/CIV locations manually

Unknown... the Game Logic solution was a quick fix for this request at the time but I'm not sure if it is possible to do the same with MP/CIV modules themselves. If memory serves there was a technical problem with adding this feature... perhaps a dev can better respond to this question.

Hows the persistence progress looking?

I've been told it's Coming Soonâ„¢

1 - I need to send the OPFOR OPCOM a command to send all units to a beach_extraction marker.

2- I want the ALiVE Combat Support transport to ONLY come online if BLUFOR's extraction_vessel is destroyed, and for a radio communication to be received saying Transport is now online.

EDIT: Ok I've kept thinking it through; I need to sync a trigger stating BLUFOR present in trigger zone to something, then sync that something to the OPCOM, right?

What's the something? SIDE Gamelogic? What would I write in the init line to make OPCOM move all the forces to the trigger zone?

1 - I don't think this is possible. You can put down a gamelogic to create an objective for OPCOM but I don't know any way to force OPCOM to send all units to that objective.

2 - Not sure about this one either.. at least I've never tried this myself. I'd guess this is not possible ATM but let's see what a dev says.

Apologies if I have missed any recent updates on this, but what is the status of HC support?

Apologies if I have missed any recent updates on this, but what is the status of HC support?

Not supported at this time... it is on the radar for future versions.

Hi,

I've build a mission with ALIVE which works fine, as long as I'm hosting it on my local system. As soon as I try to run in on a windows dedicated server, the opcom modul doesn't seem to work.

OPCOM does not place any waypoint for units under its comands. The rpt-log shows the following messages:

OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 1607

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5260

OPCOM side: WESTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 1608

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5261

OPCOM side: EASTWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 5262

Any sugestion on that?

Kind regards,

Raskil

Ok this error is caused by too many profiles and objectives in the mission... try lowering the # of AI profiles or reduce the amount of objectives. It's basically saying that it's been analysing for a long duration and has 'timed out'