wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Good suggestions there by bhaz, I am however confused about the TFAR LRR comment, I'm sure the reason the Heli was shot down wasn't because you used the TFAR LRR as the item.

UAV terminal? (B_UavTerminal, I_UavTerminal, O_UavTerminal)

UAV terminal is perfect. Nice one, thanks.

I'm sure the reason the Heli was shot down wasn't because you used the TFAR LRR as the item.

Haha, no, the idea of using the LRR was shot down. In an argument. In Teamspeak. There were no airborne casualties :D

UAV terminal is perfect. Nice one, thanks.

Haha, no, the idea of using the LRR was shot down. In an argument. In Teamspeak. There were no airborne casualties :D

Ha Ha Ha Roger gotcha lol, I'm more awake now! :D

The consensus so far is a béret (and then that'll be issued to the officer units). Bloody ridiculous if you ask me "hold on, I'll just change the batteries in my béret so I can call for a helicopter." I thought of assigning it to the TFAR long-range radio, but that was shot down for some reason.

Or you could think of the beret not as the device to control the tablet and more of the item that grants you the rights to use the tablet (that hasn't got a representation in the inventory itself). To wear a beret you must be an officer and being an officer grants you the right to call in supports.

Equally you could add designated vests or uniforms for officers to their loadouts. Then you could even argue that the support tablet is sewn in the sleeves of the uniform or the revers of the vest...

Or you could think of the beret not as the device to control the tablet and more of the item that grants you the rights to use the tablet (that hasn't got a representation in the inventory itself). To wear a beret you must be an officer and being an officer grants you the right to call in supports.

Equally you could add designated vests or uniforms for officers to their loadouts. Then you could even argue that the support tablet is sewn in the sleeves of the uniform or the revers of the vest...

Exactly my thoughts its not like your laser designator transforms into a tablet. right now I just use GPS but I like the idea of the beret or maybe uniforms.

Hi ALIVE team,in regards to my recent threads about ALIVE CIV placements and other users having issues on Altis map,i would like to report that since downloading tthtermobolic memory allocator for Arma3,i am now able to initilise ALL my ALIVE placements on the map of Altis with hand placed units or anything else for that matter.

It still loads up slightly slower than other maps obviosly,but it works!

I would just like to leave this here for the other guys who had trouble,maybe they can look into using the memory allocator to see if it helps them.It should,as iv tried many many different things for weeks to get alive working on altis 100% and nothing worked,seeing difference now its obviously a memory related issue that i had and others are having.

Delighted! And for anywone else who is interested,this allocator got me about 10fps more in game.Thanks to kremanator(hope i spelled correct)for making me aware of it,ad kanesvk for teaching me the install.

Heres the link to the allocator bis forum page: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163640-Arma3-and-the-LARGEADDRESSAWARE-flag-%28memory-allocation-gt-2GB%29

regards,

redarmy

Hi ALIVE team,in regards to my recent threads about ALIVE CIV placements and other users having issues on Altis map,i would like to report that since downloading tthtermobolic memory allocator for Arma3,i am now able to initilise ALL my ALIVE placements on the map of Altis with hand placed units or anything else for that matter.

It still loads up slightly slower than other maps obviosly,but it works!

I would just like to leave this here for the other guys who had trouble,maybe they can look into using the memory allocator to see if it helps them.It should,as iv tried many many different things for weeks to get alive working on altis 100% and nothing worked,seeing difference now its obviously a memory related issue that i had and others are having.

Delighted! And for anywone else who is interested,this allocator got me about 10fps more in game.Thanks to kremanator(hope i spelled correct)for making me aware of it,ad kanesvk for teaching me the install.

Heres the link to the allocator bis forum page: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163640-Arma3-and-the-LARGEADDRESSAWARE-flag-%28memory-allocation-gt-2GB%29

regards,

redarmy

nice find redarmy, I'm going to give this a try now!

nice find redarmy, I'm going to give this a try now!

Glad if it helps.

Im sure you can set it up correctly,choose logs version of the allocator when downloading to make sure its running.And set arma to run as admin in properties after youve made the memory allocation changes to the system.Im still stress testing with more and more units(hand placeed) and mil/civ placements to see what number i can get up to untill it wont work or takes an eternity.

Regardless,the fps increase alone is reason enough for anyone to utilize this.

Good luck with it hope goes well.

Can someone confirm or deny if the player persistence module is not working properly in this release of AliVE?

Can someone confirm or deny if the player persistence module is not working properly in this release of AliVE?

I think its still being worked on.

Or you could think of the beret not as the device to control the tablet and more of the item that grants you the rights to use the tablet...
Exactly my thoughts its not like your laser designator transforms into a tablet...

I promise to stop derailing this thread with this non-issue after making this post :p

I'm actually pretty comfortable with the idea of the Beret being the thing that denotes a privilege that includes having the tablet. The two bits that get to me are: if he's smart the guy will be wearing a helmet, so the beret's stuck in his back pocket which is wacky. More importantly is the case where the officer gets killed and I find myself shouting to a mate "We need some arty over here right now! Quick! Grab his... uh... hat?"

The tablet-sewn-into-a-vest concept isn't a bad one, and as a workaround neatly sidesteps the two issues I just raised. (I'd still be ecstatic to see an actual tablet item we could include in our inventory though...)

I promise to stop derailing this thread with this non-issue after making this post :p

Yeah, me too... But, to give another idea: Include this mod: Scorch's Inventory Items

That way you could even give your officers a gameboy and have it be the necessary item for the support tablet. ;)

Player Persistence is working fine! It stores player related things like weapons health position etc. to RAM.

What is currently in the works (actually in testing) is the connection to database, so the state between server restarts is maintained.

I hope i was able to clear that one up ;)

Maybe I'm pushing it here, buuuuuut... since you guys did make MSO...

Are there any plans on implementing atmospheric stuff from MSO such as shepards, animals, or even Call To Prayer at minarets in Zargabad and Takistan? ;)

Oh god please no minarets!!! We would always have to halt whatever we were doing to blow it up and stop the noise!!! :p

Oh god please no minarets!!! We would always have to halt whatever we were doing to blow it up and stop the noise!!! :p

You....you SAVAGE. We always stopped to pray!

In short - no current plans to add ambient whackiness. We're focusing on Data and Logistics at the moment, and have Civilians and Insurgency in the pipeline. And enough ideas on the back burner to keep up busy for years!

Are there any plans on implementing atmospheric stuff from MSO such as shepards, animals, or even Call To Prayer at minarets in Zargabad and Takistan? ;)

Ask tpw. ;) Maybe he'll add it to tpw_radio.

Please, can someone help me ???

I need to deactivate a alive module in realtime, the Alive_civ_placement (or ALIVE_mil_intelligence), using a script. How I do that???

abstract Example:

if (mytaskOk) then
{
       mcp setVariable ["enable",false];
};

It is possible?

Best regards

D3lta

Ps. Sorry, my English is not enough.

Edited by D3lta

We will have element of ambient features in our civ module, but we want to get the enemy and persistence stuff done first.

We will have element of ambient features in our civ module, but we want to get the enemy and persistence stuff done first.

I miss calling in missions as team leader with the radio :(

^ that was actually a Patrol Ops feature if I'm not mistaken...

@Delta - currently this is not possible... besides it is a placement module which doesn't do much else after the init of the mission anyway.

^ that was actually a Patrol Ops feature if I'm not mistaken

I remember being able to do it on the MilGo MSO server, but that server was running a heavenly modified mission hard to say if it was MSO or their own creation.