wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Why do you need to deactivate a placement module?

I have green zones on the map, I need no enemy activities there because specific tasks (upon there) are OK. Any sugestion to do this yet using Alive? I developing a persistence mission (inidbi).

@Delta - currently this is not possible... besides it is a placement module which doesn't do much else after the init of the mission anyway.

=( =(

workaround.....

Is alive Crashing if I deleting (using another script) the AIs?

Edited by D3lta

I have green zones on the map, I need no enemy activities there because specific tasks are OK. Any sugestion to do this? I developing a persistence mission (inidbi).

If you just want to be assigned tasks by OPCOM create a zone (placement module) but in the module params set it to Objectives only instead of Place units... at least I think this is what you are asking :p

As for crashing/causing problems if you delete AI I don't think so but perhaps a dev could better answer this.

If you just want to be assigned tasks by OPCOM create a zone (placement module) but in the module params set it to Objectives only instead of Place units... at least I think this is what you are asking :p

As for crashing/causing problems if you delete AI I don't think so but perhaps a dev could better answer this.

Thanks,

I don´t use tasks generated by Alive. I use Alive only to populate the enemy AIs on specific areas on the map. Alive for me is a better option than UPSMON, because performance.

The problem with deleting AIs is that the IAs upon ALIVE are virtual, I dont have how to delete.... =(

Ah Ok I see what you mean now. If you just want areas with no AI spawned you could try using blacklists for the CQB/Placement modules.. although be advised the blacklist will only prevent units from spawning there at mission start... they will not prevent units from moving into those areas during the game.

Ah Ok I see what you mean now. If you just want areas with no AI spawned you could try using blacklists for the CQB/Placement modules.. although be advised the blacklist will only prevent units from spawning there at mission start... they will not prevent units from moving into those areas during the game.

Good, but the problem with this approach is that my mission is dynamic, I need to use scripts to insert Blacklist areas after a time or a specific event. How I do This using a script, not in editor 2d?

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Good, but the problem with this approach is that my mission is dynamic, I need to use scripts to insert Blacklist areas after a time or a specific event. How I do This using a script, not in editor 2d?

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Could a move marker script do it? If you add the markers to map before hand but make sure they are off to the side and add names to blacklists then when the blacklisted marker is moved would it block the ALiVE module operations in that area?

Blacklist marker will only prevent group spawns at mission (module) init... they will not affect anything after the mission has started ie: units can always move into a blacklisted area

I remember being able to do it on the MilGo MSO server, but that server was running a heavenly modified mission hard to say if it was MSO or their own creation.

We integrated PO2 and MSO, but it was still PO2 code. As said before, scripted player tasks is really not a major focus of ALiVE development as it's taking things in a different direction to our vision. There is an aspiration to integrate the player more tightly with OPCOM tasks but that work is some way off yet.

Ref Blacklists - ALiVE objective lists and AI placement is all done pre-init, including blacklists and TOAR markers (whitelists) so moving the markers around during runtime will have no effect. I believe you can add new custom objectives using the scripts listed in the wiki during runtime (HH will have to confirm). If that's the case, it should also be possible to remove an Objective during runtime as well, thus preventing OPCOM from ordering AI units to that location - this would have the effect I think you want.

We're about to go live with our Data modules which includes full persistence (Soonâ„¢), so you shouldn't have to use iniDB.

Now when you say,

Soonâ„¢

Not to put you on the spot but could you pick from the following:

A) End March 2014

B) Q2

C) Soonâ„¢ but really have no idea.

D) Other

^ I don't think this is possible currently. Here's what they've documented so far as far as accessing ALiVE internals:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

This snippet is interesting, But I'll have a lot more work to do this... =(

if (isServer) then {
{
	[_x,"addObjective",	[
							str(time),		//ID (string)
							getposATL thisTrigger,	//position
							100,			//size
							"MIL"			//type
				]
	] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM;
} foreach OPCOM_INSTANCES;
};

Blacklist marker will only prevent group spawns at mission (module) init... they will not affect anything after the mission has started ie: units can always move into a blacklisted area

Blacklist is not a good option too....

Ref Blacklists - ALiVE objective lists and AI placement is all done pre-init, including blacklists and TOAR markers (whitelists) so moving the markers around during runtime will have no effect. I believe you can add new custom objectives using the scripts listed in the wiki during runtime (HH will have to confirm). If that's the case, it should also be possible to remove an Objective during runtime as well, thus preventing OPCOM from ordering AI units to that location - this would have the effect I think you want.

have to use iniDB.

What I need to remove the objective?? Only remove the area marker? :confused:

You're on the right track but unfortunately ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM only has the facility to add objectives at the moment. I've discussed with Highhead and created a feature request to add a removeObjective function as well http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74214

This would enable you to call the function in a trigger to remove a custom objective during runtime, effectively rendering it 'invisible' to OPCOM, so no further AI forces will be sent there. This will be useful for mission makers controlling custom objectives in ALiVE. Thanks for bringing it up!

You're on the right track but unfortunately ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM only has the facility to add objectives at the moment. I've discussed with Highhead and created a feature request to add a removeObjective function as well http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74214

This would enable you to call the function in a trigger to remove a custom objective during runtime, effectively rendering it 'invisible' to OPCOM, so no further AI forces will be sent there. This will be useful for mission makers controlling custom objectives in ALiVE. Thanks for bringing it up!

OK friznit2, very thanks, I'll wait.

Best Regards.

Hi,

If I were to spawn units via MCC, for example, is there a way in which I can add that unit (or group) to the ALiVE profile system dynamically?

Perhaps using methods like ALIVE_fnc_profileEntity or ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnits upon creation of the unit?

Thank you!

You'd have to ask Spirit and Shay about that over on the MCC thread. It's more likely they would need to add it from their end - if it's possible at all.

SJ

You'd have to ask Spirit and Shay about that over on the MCC thread. It's more likely they would need to add it from their end - if it's possible at all.

SJ

Ideally, if there is a way to tell the Alive system to rescan all existing units and to create profiles if they don't exist, that would be great. Via the debugger. I have been able to call one of the above functions and it seems like the alive system profiles the units that have been added dynamically (through MCC or just the create unit function); however, it seems to make some of the other already profiled units disappear.

Ideally, if there is a way to tell the Alive system to rescan all existing units and to create profiles if they don't exist, that would be great. Via the debugger. I have been able to call one of the above functions and it seems like the alive system profiles the units that have been added dynamically (through MCC or just the create unit function); however, it seems to make some of the other already profiled units disappear.

ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnits is close to what you want but is designed only to work on mission init. There would need to be a new function defined to handle your use case. If you can, could you please add it as a feature request to our tracker?

Thanks,

I don´t use tasks generated by Alive. I use Alive only to populate the enemy AIs on specific areas on the map. Alive for me is a better option than UPSMON, because performance.

The problem with deleting AIs is that the IAs upon ALIVE are virtual, I dont have how to delete.... =(

Hi, ALiVE is not crashing on ANY opportunity! if you still get any crash, you will have to ping BIS about it. There must not be any crashes of the engine itself, errors yeah, warnings yeah, but no crashes. So very important is to ping BIS directly on any crash you get, with whatever mod you use. But still then it is only and only and only an A3 issue that BIS Devs have to fix!

I also see, that you are using ALiVE in much detail, i like that! Would you mind joining the skype group, if you havent yet? its easier to go in details there!

regards

Highhead

Not sure if ALiVE is causing it but in my mission JIP players can't use an AddAction that i have on some objects at base. The Addaction is there for people who were in mission at start but no JIPers, I have the objects synced to profile system and profile system is set to not profile synced objects. Since the VAS box works still and it is done the same way, I really think ALiVE might be doing something to the objects to make the init field break.

Not sure if ALiVE is causing it but in my mission JIP players can't use an AddAction that i have on some objects at base. The Addaction is there for people who were in mission at start but no JIPers, I have the objects synced to profile system and profile system is set to not profile synced objects. Since the VAS box works still and it is done the same way, I really think ALiVE might be doing something to the objects to make the init field break.

Absolutely nuttn to do with ALiVE. You need to get a grip on MP scripting and understand localities and what JIP actually is: start here http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-basic-multiplayer-coding/

as addaction is local, so you may want to ensure its created on every client on every connect

Edited by highhead

Hi guys have a small problem, I have a gameserver with fragnet, I have the @alive mod, and was recently testing out a mission that I wanted to put on the server.

The mission is the first mission on the missions list in the wiki btw.

I had setup the alive mod on my server with @alive, and uploaded the files from my Arma3 directory, when i go to the server list (i use a filter to get to my server quickly) the server wont show up.

I went to my ftp opened up the rpt and I have an errors saying im missing some file, heres what the error is:

ErrorMessage: Include file x\alive\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found.

Heres the command line of the rpt, and everything else:

=====================================================================
== E:\UserFiles\JULIANI\GameServers\TC24357635272426876153585\arma3server.exe
== "E:\UserFiles\JULIANI\GameServers\TC24357635272426876153585\arma3server.exe" -nosound -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -ip=96.8.119.194 -port=2402 -profiles=E:\UserFiles\JULIANI\GameServers\TC24357635272426876153585\ -netlog -config=server.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@alive;@FFI;@Weapons;@MEI;@Planes 

Exe timestamp: 2014/03/08 19:07:31
Current time:  2014/03/12 16:37:52

Type: Public
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.12.115994

Allocator: E:\UserFiles\JULIANI\GameServers\TC24357635272426876153585\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=107410
ErrorMessage: Include file x\alive\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found.

The rpt stops after this code message, so im not sure what the issue is other then it saying im missing the hpp in the script_mod.hpp

now if I unpbo that file the main.pbo, the script_mod.hpp is in it at the bottom, so why is it ask for something that is there?

Or is the file corrupt and I need to reinstall that file, or could it be one of the mods im using prevent causing the error?

Idk but the same command line I had used to host the mission on my computer with alive, same as the server and I had no issues, so what do i do here?

Sorry Gunter didn't get your PM until this morning - I would try re-downloading the alive files again deleting what you have on the server now. Or try another mission... in the alive download there should be a demo mission (called Foursome).. maybe fire that one up and see if you get the same error.

edit: can you tell us where you downloaded the mod?

Edited by SavageCDN

The problem is the server doesn't even showup, i cant choose a mission if the server is not there, the same files I have that work when I host pyrgros assault

which I can play np is on the server, so im stumped as to why theres a missing file error.

Anyways I will reinstall the mod on the server and see what happens.

Thanks Gunter. Can you try firing up the server with just ALiVE and CBA_A3? I'm wondering if there is a mod conflict somewhere...